“Great beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Statesville, North Carolina
“Great beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It was a wonderful beach so much better than ormond beach . The people that worked there was so nice and anything I ask for I got (towels etc) my dogs loved it too. I wished I had gotten a beach shore room but it was ok. The bed was very nice best bed I ever slept in other than the one at home. I did not want to leave. The tv was not very big to see from the bed or heard over the air but that was ok . I could take my dogs on the beach right in front of the motel so another added plus for me. I will return I hope next year.!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: 117 I believe is closer to the beach
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CoquinaGM, Manager at Coquina On The Beach, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dorothy G.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your recent visit at our property. We’re always pleased to hear when a guest has found our beach and accommodations so enjoyable! When you return, we’ll have to make sure we get you into a room on the beach and with a flat screen TV! We’ll always do our best to meet your requests if we can. Just ask!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Coral Springs, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was our third visit to this place, unfortunately not the best visit. This place maintenance has gone really bad.To start the frig was dirty as i was not cleaned for a while. The kitchen sink smell rotten food, The door of the cabinet below the kitchen sink was loose., The Bathtub was clogged with hair and the water would not go down and there were roaches.
The ceiling fan was making very loud noises and we reported it. they came to see next day. We had to stay in the room for 45 minutes while they fixed it.
The fire alarm of our room went off once and we called the front office, they requested for us to press the reset bottom and no one showed up. the second day of our visit the alarm went off again and we had to stay in the room for one hour while they fix it.
The pool says to have a surveillance camera, however a guest was swimming with his dog for more than one hour and no one showed up to tell him that, as the pool rules sign states "Dogs were not allowed to swim in the pool". We didn't go in the pool for the rest of our stay.
I cold not think of any best way to waste my money on this stay. I do not recommend you try to see if this got better when teh prices are the same to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Do not go to room 212.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Julio M.,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about the various issues you experienced during your most recent stay. It is especially disappointing when you’ve stayed with us before and have previously had such a pleasant experience. I apologize that this recent visit fell short.
For most beach properties, the summer is one of our busiest seasons with little to no time between a guest checking out and the next guest checking in. I apologize for the issues regarding your tub drain, kitchen cabinets and the like that were not resolved before your arrival. Once we’re alerted to a maintenance issue, we will make every effort to address and resolve those issues as timely as possible and with the least amount of inconvenience to our guests. Again, I would like to extend our apologies for the inconveniences.
Additionally, as you mentioned, Dogs are Not Allowed in our pool. At check-in with a pet, our guests must sign a pet policy which clearly outlines this rule. As you mentioned, this is also posted on our pool rules at the pool. I apologize that our staff didn’t observe this incident and address it right away. We will always strictly enforce this rule and make sure to take the proper precautions our pool company advises if a pet has been in the pool to make sure it is clean and safe for all our guests to enjoy. Don’t hesitate to let our staff know whenever you observe any concerning activities on our property so we can address them right away and ensure the most pleasant stay possible for everyone.
We hope that you’ll consider a future visit to our property. I would like to encourage you to reach out to us directly so we may facilitate a pleasant return.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have been staying at Coquina on the Beach for over 30 years and will continue to stay here. This is not an elaborate resort but we love it. It is located directly on the beach. All rooms have full kitchens. It is clean, in an excellent location, friendly staff, pet friendly, and reasonable rates. We have stayed in the patio buildings, poolside, and beachfront.
We have stayed in some of the elite resorts on Lido Key and paid much more than what we pay at the Coquina. We keep coming back to Coquina on the Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Travelmo M.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and especially for your patronage to our hotel over the last 30+ years! We wouldn’t be here without all of our wonderful return guests year after year. Thank you again! We hope that you’ll continue to stay with us for many more!
Sparta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have been here many times and love it. The entire family comes down for the week. We always stay in beach view rooms, which are clean and well maintained. The staff is very friendly and deals with problems promptly. Steps from the beach. Pet friendly. On weekends tend to get a bit lively and noisy. Love this place!

Room Tip: Beach view and poolside rooms have kitchenettes. Downstairs rooms may be noisier depending on upsta...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sherry H. & Family,
It is our pleasure summer after summer for you and your family to return to stay with us! We always look forward to your arrival!
We’re so glad you all have been enjoying your vacations on Lido Beach with us year after year! We’re also glad you’ve enjoyed the updates in our Beachview Bldg, Suites.
See you all next summer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Wonderful feeling like being back at my Island. Many palm trees everywhere, and shade! Some rooms are kept better than others. Pool or ocean view are better than garden view. Good for family vacations, but make sure you get groceries before checking in. No restaurants or convenience stores within walking distance.

Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed here because we have a senior dog and did not want to put him in a kennel.it was outdated and kind of run down but it was clean.was quiet the first couple of nights so we were willing to overlook the rest.then godzilla and friends moved upstairs.this motel will put as many people in a room as they can.pool was nice but there were tons of kids.they really need another pool.most of the time it was way too crowded.this is right on beach which is a plus.we complained numerous times about upstairs neighbors.no results.this place is good for pets and kids.get upstairs room.we are so glad we didn't get room by pool.we left early will not come back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was in town on business and didn't make a reservation, as I was undecided of where to stay. After my appt, I went to Siesta Key. I enjoyed a great lunch, but found the hotels very expensive and not directly on the beach. I prefer a smaller, quiet hotel. We looked on tripadvisor and found this little place. I was a little apprehensive when I pulled in. I took a regular/standard room and after taking a walk around, decided on a pool side room. What a treat! It was older, but had tile, which I prefer on the beach and in a hotel. The beds were comfy and we were literally steps to the sand! I highly recommend this as a great little get away, on a budget. It had character and I was very comfortable staying here. If you are looking for a lot of fluff, don't stay here. If you are looking for a great value in a clean place, this is it! The little kitchenette would make it a great money saver also!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Coquina On The Beach? Share your experiences!