“Great fun, great exercise and great learning too!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Small, personalized tour groups, updated equipment including new, light, fatigue-reducing carbon fiber paddles, comfortable and easy to maneuver kayaks....And still the lowest prices guaranteed. Just a few reasons to come kayaking (tour or rental) with Sea Life Kayak. Explore exotic mangrove tunnels, paddle among manatees, dolphins and much more...With the premier kayak company in Lido, Siesta, and AMI. The owners of Sea Life Kayak Adventures come from science and conservation backgrounds and are members/volunteers of several environmental and wildlife organizations. While other companies are herding dozens of paddlers onto the water, we limit our groups to enhance the experience of our paddlers and especially the wildlife, minimizing our impact on fragile ecosystems. We use top quality, comfortable and easy to use kayaks perfect for novices or pros (most paddlers are newbies which we love), and provide instruction before we launch. Manatees, dolphins, flying rays, flying fish, cormorants (swimming with us or even riding on our boats!), And much, much more can be seen up close. We believe in tailoring our tours to our clients and having fun! Kayaking is not just our business, it's our passion. Thanks-Tom and Lauri
Olathe, Kansas
“Great fun, great exercise and great learning too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'd been in Orlando on business for three weeks before my wife joined me for a weekend getaway to Sarasota. Kayaking in and around the mangroves was #1 on her "to do" list, and Sea Life Kayak Adventures turned out to be a great choice. Tom (owner) was our guide and he did a super job of putting us into two single kayaks, leading us (along with three other nice ladies) around the bay, taking us through the mangrove tunnels, and sharing lots of interesting historical facts about the area.

We were blessed with sunny, warm weather, along with the chance to see dolphins, many different birds, various crabs and a snake. At times the wind was somewhat challenging, but it helped us burn lots of calories before we enjoyed more local fare at the Tiki Hut on the beach afterwards. All in all, it was a great Sunday. We highly recommend Sea Life Kayak Adventures and plan to return in the future.

Anchorage, Alaska
9 attraction reviews
“Row, row, row, your kayak....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nice, especially the mangrove tunnels. If you want to see manatees you need to go when the weather, and water is very warm. There are seasons as to when you will see sharks, and the various other animals, and marine life of the area. The wind is a factor also, more wind = more work. It was my first time in a kayak, not comfortable for me, you are in a seated position that is like sitting on the floor. A canoe would have been better for me, because of my belly, more like sitting in a chair. My young, skinny, and beautiful wife loved it, she has no belly to contend with. Tom was our guide, he knows the territory, and is very friendly. I could see him described as a "tree hugger", but I would describe him as someone who loves nature, and someone who truly likes his job. You can also just rent the kayaks and go on your own way, but for the first trip to the area I think the tour with Tom is a good option.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“What fun it is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Two friends and I went on a kayak tour with Tom and Sea Life Adventures. We all had a great time. I had never been kayaking before and enjoyed it so much! I can't wait to go again. We had gorgeous weather and got to see some baby dolphins playing not far from us. it was fun manuevering throught the mangrove tunnels. Tom is cheerful, helpful, knowledgable, and fun! I highly recommend this adventure!

Noblesville, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“Second time around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This was my second experience kayaking with Tom as my (our) guide. The first time last July, was with my husband and children (mid twenties) and this time with my sister and mother ( who has stage 4 cancer). Tom is informative and relates to all ages. He was so kind and personable with my mother. They shared a kayak! She couldn't stop talking about her fabulous afternoon. We plan on visiting Tom again next year!

Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great day!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A truly wonderful tour! Tom adjusted his tour to fit our skill level. He touched on history, biology and just interesting stuff. He lit up like a kid when we thought we saw a dolphin! The trip went way to fast. We've been coming to this area for years and this was the first time we did the trip. We will definitely be back.