“Casual Lies Fishing Charters with Captain Bruce Burkhart.” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: CB's Outfitters offers Boat Rentals and Fishing Charters on Siesta Key and specializes in retail sales. We carry top brands in sun clothing, hats, accessories, shoes & sandals, sunglasses, and much more. Proudly serving Sarasota since 1959, CB's is a must visit destination for boating, fishing, and beachwear.
“Casual Lies Fishing Charters with Captain Bruce Burkhart.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Captain Bruce is a great, experienced guide with a friendly manner. He worked very hard to make sure EVERYONE in our group caught fish and more importantly had fun! We caught Sea Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Flounder, Sea Bass, a couple Lizard Fish, and lots of Ladyfish. We took home 4 keepers that Captain Bruce cleaned for us and some of the shrimp bait for appetizers! The boat was clean, comfortable, and well-organized with plenty of dry storage for our stuff. I definitely recommend a charter with Casual Lies Charters if you're in the Sarasota area.

“New Year's Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Everything was fantastic! The guide, Bruce, was first rate. Weather was great. Plenty of fish caught and plenty of action! The only downside, was not enough keepers. Not the fault of the guide. Signing up at CB's was a breeze and everyone there is very helpful.

Visited January 2013
Fair Oaks, California, United States
“Mangrove Charters of Sarasota LLC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I enjoyed a great fishing adventure with Captain Kelly. He is extremely knowledgable and gave me great tips that helped me catch a Snook. Awesome! But for me the best part of the trip was taking pics of three dolphins feeding and an encounter with an adorable manatee. Definitely book again with him in the future.

Visited October 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Charter with Captain Jim Klopfer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My son-in-law and I really enjoyed our recent fishing charter with Captain Jim. We have been on a lot of charters over the years and both remarked that this was probably the most fun we had fishing together in years. Captain Jim's humor combined with his professional approach to fishing greatly enhanced our overall fishing experience. He was open and honest about our fishing options throughout the day and helped us make the best use of the time available. We each caught a wide variety of fish to include snook, redfish, mackerel, trout, and snapper. We also caught a lot of fish, over 100, as well as several large, quality fish. This was my third charter with Captain Jim and I will certainly be booking with him again in the future.

Visited October 2012
Toronto
8 attraction reviews
“Seadog Charters and Captain Jack!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

If you are planning on visiting the Siesta Key Area and want a fantastic guide for a super day on the water...Captain Jack on the Seadog. You can book him through CBs or directly.

We had 3 anglers on board his 25' Mako...2 adults and a 10 yr old. My son and grandpa are not fisherman but no matter. Jack was extremely patient with both and both caught tons.

We started the day and on the first cast, my son hooked a yellowtail. Too bad it was just too small. His next 4 casts also managed to score 4 more fish...needless to say his day was already complete and we just started fishing.

We hooked into some red grouper, trigger fish, porgy on the first spot and then we decided to move on...Spot 2 was awesome. No eaters there, but when my son hooked a 3 1/2' black tip shark, he almost had his rod ripped from his hands. I had to help out, but we managed to land it. Next I hooked into a spinner shark...also a fun fight but really wanted dinner and groupers were calling.

So after 4 sharks, a Sarasota Grunt and another Porgy, we moved to our last spot. First cast, I hooked into a 4 1/2' Nurse Shark....AWESOME. The fight was great and the pictures better. In our last 30 min of fishing, I finally hooked into a keeper Gag Grouper, almost 2 1/2' and over 18lbs. Heavy for sure....and crazy tasty on the grill.

The day ended and there was more than enough fish to feed the whole family of 6 with left overs. The catch was 8 sharks, 6-8 yellowtail, 3-4 red grouper, a gag grouper, some gunts and porgy a remora, trigger fish and eelfish.

Well worth the price. Dont wast your money on any of the head boats...hire a guide and get yourself some keepers.

Jack was the BEST.....

We will be back on our net visit!

Visited August 2012