“Wish it had more to it” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 126 things to do in Sarasota
Sarasota, Florida
“Wish it had more to it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I read up on this garden and thought it would be brilliant place to take our 2 year old son. It was very expensive for what it was which seemed to me like an oversized back garden with some creative features thrown together. I liked the idea of the place but it is just simply not worth the money paid. I understand there is a lot of upkeep needed but it didn't look like much upkeep is done..
The costume room was a bit scary I must admit. It smelt old and it appeared that the clothes never get washed also there wasn't a lot of options for boys even if I looked passed the dirty situation.
The cashier was very nice however and they do leave big spray for you but I think that the garden was lacking and needs some serious updating and maybe expanding. The map online gave me the impression that it was a much bigger place. Overall I think we spent not even an hour here and the whole time my partner just kept looking at me with disbelief that I had pressed to come to the place at all. I can't see myself going here again for a long time unless things change

Visited January 2014

“What a hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I took our 2 year old and 4 year old here today, and we ALL had a blast! This is a really unique place and there probably isn't another one of it's kind! They had a huge selection of costumes which my kids enjoyed playing dress up and pretending their way around the garden. Their garden, was a beautiful wild and artistic playzone with loads of activities for kids to explore, climb, and play. Upon reading their bulletin and schedules it appears that they offer other services such as a Playgroup with crafts, gardening days, paws reading program, and more. We will definitely be back to enjoy the other opportunities this hidden gem has to offer! I felt compelled to write this review mainly because last week I decided on a different activity based on some of the reviews. This is a great place to bond with your child and become part of their adventure.

Visited January 2014
Sarasota, Florida
19 attraction reviews
“Imaginative fun for small kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Took my grandkids, ages 2,5 and 9 who had great fun because they are very imaginative. They enjoyed the decor because it was an amagamation of ordinary objects put to extraordinary use. They picked out object after object as ideas for daddy to add in their own garden. We played "who can find..." and they scrambled to be first to spot the object of desire.
Weeks later we returned with Grandpa and they delighted in getting him "lost" in the maze and pointing out favorite spots. I agree with other reviewers that it it is a bit pricey but not those who only see "junk". Look through the eyes of a child and see fantasy.

Visited October 2013
Tampa, Florida
16 attraction reviews
“Has potential but needs an update”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went here and we liked the concept but it is very small and worn out. It should be expanded and needs to be kept up better.

Bradenton, Florida
“Great place to let imaginations sore and little legs run!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We just had a small get together here for my daughters 6th birthday. The eight girls, ages 2 to 6 had an absolute blast! I love so many things about this place. The owners are super nice, its very colorful and artistic. Its outdoors. Before you enter the garden there is a large open room full of dress up clothes for the kids (and there are adult sizes too). Of course the girls LOOOOVED this and revisited the dress up room several times while we were there and changed their outfits. The garden consist of several paths leading to various kid enchanting places like Hobittville, a rain colorful bamboo rain forest with misters, a pirate ship, lots of things to climb, sandbox with giant octopus, etc.... There is also a large wood stage with several tree stumps for seating. Our girls put on a wonderful show. They had a blast and I think I had just as much fun as they did just seeing them run around the place. We love love love the Children's Garden. $5 for kids 3 and over, $10 for adults.

Visited October 2013