“Delicious food, beautiful people!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 852 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout
Description: At Sofrito Mama's you will find mouth watering, home-style Puerto Rican cuisine. Our menu is filled with a wide array of reasonably priced, traditional meals for the entire family from fried appetizers, rice & beans, roast pork & stews, salads, to signature specialty dishes & delicious homemade desserts. Whether it's lunch or dinner, Sofrito Mama's Latin Comfort Food is just what you need to tickle your hunger fancy.
sarasota
“Delicious food, beautiful people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been eating here for over a year, for good reason. The selections are cooked well and are delicious. The owners know how to treat a customer. The entire experience is positive! I highly recommend this place to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Overland Park, Kansas
“Good food made with love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stopped in for lunch and was pleasantly surprised by a restaurant in the strip mall. I got the Tuesday one special with rice and chicken and it was very very good. it was full of flavor the fried plantains were delicious touch and I would recommend anyone stop in and eat. the only drawback with two small tables outside to sit and eat otherwise you have to take it and go.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Mmm, sooo delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Alicia & Jason(owners/operators) are very friendly & welcoming. Best place for a quick stop n go for Superior Latin Cuisine for all to enjoy.
Always a stop for me when I'm in town.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota
“Number 1 in Sarasota for good reason!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We HAD to try the number 1 rated restaurant in Sarasota and were not disappointed! We were greeted by Jason and Alicia who welcomed us like old friends. The food was hands down the best Latin food we have ever had. I ordered the roast pork,it was tender, flavorful, with just the right amount of spices, it came with choices of rice, and salads. I ordered plantains, soooo good. The portions? Just look at my photo! My fiance had a the best Cuban ever, bar none. Everything is freshly made to order. Take out or outdoor seating only. We will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leesburg, Virginia
“As advertised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

As others have said, friendly people and good food.

We were greeted when we walked in and offered culinary explanations and suggestions. The best thing I can say is that the food took me back to my days living in Spanish Harlem. It is both authentic and delicious.

It would be nice if their was a formal sitting area and some nice puerto rican rums etc. I must believe this is on their road map.

I strongly suggest anything that involves the yellow rice with olives.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere