“One of your better British Pub dining experiences” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #535 of 852 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Sarasota's British Pub and Restaurant is the place to come for a warm and friendly welcome.DescriptionWe can be found in the Parkway Collection Plaza, situated at the South East junction of University Parkway and North Lockwood Ridge Road. We specialize in delicious home cooked British specialties, such as our acclaimed Fish & Chips, Steak & Guinness Pies and our Home Smoked British Back Bacon, smoked right here on the premises! We have been told our chicken Wings are 'the best in town' and our freshly cooked 16" Pizza's defy comparison. A full range of Appetizers, Salads, Sandwiches, Desserts and Entree's are always on the Menu and are also available for Take-out. Our Chef continues to delight by always creating a range of daily 'specials' that appeal to even the most jaded palette. Come check out our Indian Curry night every Thursday night, all deliciously made by our famous Indian chef Ali! The best curry this side of Sarasota! Curry will also be available during the week, as a special!
Sarasota, FL
“One of your better British Pub dining experiences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I struggled with this. Its a cute little British pub, and the food was tasty. But it upset my stomach badly, and I wasn't sure how much to hold that against them. Sometimes good food doesn't sit well though, so I decided not to take too much away. Anyway, enough of my gastro issues. Moving on.

It's a 3.5 star place, but I'm rounding up. Service was good, food was good. It's just tough to give a British pub really high marks except in comparison to other British pubs. Probably same with sports bars. A sports bar is rarely a 4 or 5 star restaurant, but you can have a 4 or 5 star sports pub. So, in that vein, this was a 3.5-4 star British pub.

Going to start with my girlfriend - she got fish and chips, which is her standby for a British or Irish or Scottish pub. However, she's rarely thrilled with it. She loved this. They offer a 4oz and a 8oz portion - she got the 4oz, but after a few bites she asked them to bring her the other 4oz. She couldn't get enough of it.

They do a "traditional Sunday roast" on Sundays, and that's when we were there. They offer prime rib, turkey, or pork (though they were out of pork this day). It comes with a weird, but delicious kind of stuffing (weird because it looks like a ball of multigrain bread, but it tastes like stuffing), carrots, parsnip, potatoes, gravy, and I'm forgetting something. Anyway, its a good amount of food, and while you probably wouldn't expect really good preparation from a British pub in Sarasota, it was delicious. Granted, I dipped everything in gravy, but that's what it was there for.

It's a nice size place with a few TVs (many on soccer, of course), pool tables, darts, and a dining area. This was my second time there - the first time being a couple years back and I left after one drink because it smelled like urine. This time, no such smell and a much better experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
WhiteHorsePub, Owner at The White Horse Pub, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best British Bar/Restaurant in SARASOTA!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Lets kick off by saying The White Horse is GREAT PLACE BRITISH as me GREAT FOOD GREAT STAFF always have a smile.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WhiteHorsePub, Owner at The White Horse Pub, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you thank you thank you! That is exactly what we are... British! British food.... British Beer... British owner & British staff, well my daughter's British! Oh & the BEST British patrons too!
Bradenton, Florida
“Not very British.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We ate at this 'pub' as it was pouring with rain and did not want to go else where. The fries were over cooked and tasted awful and the fish was a frozen shaped piece. We were then double charged on our credit card and it was left to us to sort out, No apology and they were not concerned. This would not happen in a real English Pub, you would be reimbursed on the spot, with a generous apology.
We also produced receipts and a bank statement to support our claim.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
I'm sorry you don't think we are very British, we have British food, British beer, British patrons and a British owner & daughter too!

The fish is cooked fresh and is a 5oz piece of fresh Atlantic Cod, yes it is previously frozen as it comes a long way from the the Atlantic ocean's.... fries overcooked well we would immediately remedy this on the spot...not an issue we have plenty of fries and always take the care to cook them to exactly your liking...

With regard to the credit card this is something we have to deal with directly with the banks, I can't just issue a refund on the spot as this could already have been resolved by the banks and your bank statement you showed might not have shown this, if everybody walked into the pub with bank statements like this we'd be out of business, as I said to you speak to your bank who will then speak to my bank and then my bank will remedy this with your bank.

I hope this clarifies everything for you.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wide selection of English/Irish beer and ale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I went in for lunch and it was great. Good menu, excellent service. They offer 12 English or Irish beers on tap in addition to the standard American product. Nice background music and several television screens to watch giving it a real UK pub feeling. Nice break during our short holiday in Sarasota.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
WhiteHorsePub, Owner at The White Horse Pub, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We here at The White Horse pub welcome everybody from all over the world to sample our home-made British Fayre, at times we can get very very busy, all our food is made fresh to order and at busy times it can take a little longer but we take great pride in taking care of our customers in a friendly manner, thank you to everyone who has taken the time to leave a very kind positive review, as for some negative reviews I am very sorry and I can promise you I work hard to make sure any of these issues are resolved, I look forward to welcoming you back very soon! Fay
“Liked it here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Yummy b l t and fries! My Friends ordered salads that looked delicious fresh veggie and fruit on them. Service was fast waiter was kind.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WhiteHorsePub, Owner at The White Horse Pub, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much I appreciate your honest feedback :O)