“Paradise Found” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Limetree Beach Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Limetree Beach Resort
You added Limetree Beach Resort to your Saves list
1050 Ben Franklin Drive, Sarasota, FL 34236   |
“Paradise Found”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

For 27 years Limetree has been our only family vacation spot. Excellent location, staff and facilities for a relaxing experience on the west coast of FL. Timeshare units provide full accommodations for families without being cost prohibited. Located right on the beach convenient to shopping & restaurants without all the noise of amusement parks. It is the best! Rick

Stayed July 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Limetree Resort saved my husband and me from what would have been a very bad vacation experience. I am a true TripAdvisor user/follower. I will not book a hotel reservation before I read its reviews on this site. That being said, I made a 3-night reservation at a hotel on the beach in Lido Key based on TA reviews. It was a clear mistake--the first time this has happened to me. On further investigation, there were some very negative reviews which I apparently didn't read. Pulling into this other property, I could have cried. It was definitely not what I wanted for my vacation hotel--very old outdated, rusty,etc .It looked nothing like its web photos. My husband went next door (The Limetree) and lucky for us, they had a 3 night room/condo available. We were able to get out of our reservation at said unacceptable place, and we moved into the Limetree. What a beautiful place! The Limetree is a resort property in which each of the condos is owned by individuals. The units rent for the week (Saturday-Saturday), so we were fortunate to have one available Wed-Sat. I have nothing negative to say about the Limetree. The employees were so nice and accommodating. I noticed a TA review stating that the man who pulls out the beach chairs was rude, however, that man isn't employed by the Limetree. He is a business person who rents beach chairs and umbrellas to anyone (not just Limetree guests) who wants one. The grounds were beautifully manicured, the pool was great, and our condo was beautifully furnished. We had a great view of the pool and beach/Gulf from our balcony. The lawn chairs looked new-so different from the place next door. The resort is built in a "U" shape, and inside, along with the pool and tables, there's a gathering place for people to visit/mingle. Cooking grills are available. This is a great place for families.. We loved the Limetree Resort and will definitely stay there again when we're in Sarasota.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have been coming to the limetree for years now and it never disappoints. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the place is really well run. Units are very good. The location is brilliant . It is right on the beach and you can walk to st armands circle for eats or an ice cream. There are bikes, tennis and shuffleboard leisure activities.
Highly recommended

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had a week at the resort in one of the central court apartments. The room had a magnificent sea view. The apartment itself was well equipped although furniture was slightly dated. Staff were great and facilities were good. They have a free self service & drying facility, small gym, and a nice swimming pool . You can walk directly on to the beach and the sea turtles lay their eggs there. We also saw manatee further along the beach. The beach itself is relatively small, however wasn't over crowded. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilkesboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Recently returned from our first stay at Limetree Beach Resort and was very pleased with everything. The management, housekeeping and grounds staff do a wonderful job keeping this resort pristine. When we first arrived we had trouble with our key not working like it should and once we reported it to management they sent someone immediately to correct it. He replaced it with a brand new lock cylinder and never had any trouble afterwards. We have been coming to Lido Beach for about 6 years or so and had stayed at several places but have now found our perfect place on the Key. We were pleased how meticulously the resort is maintained. It was extremely quiet especially during the night which is a BIG plus! Our unit was very nice, clean, spacious and fully equipped for the week. There is even a small safe for your valuables. Actually, not having daily maid service was great because we could sleep as late as we wanted without having the worry to be out of the room by a certain time frame. I highly recommend this resort and plan to return next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester Center, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Limetree 5/10-17. We chose the LTR as it offers weekly rentals. We knew little about this resort beforehand, and are delighted to share a very positive experience!

What a wonderful "feel" the LTR offers! Everything "right there"......from pool to beach to very helpful staff! It felt much like being in a small neighborhood, and it was obvious that it is a multi generational clientele. Many told us that they own a week and have been coming for "years"! That must speak for "good history"/good investment!
Thanks Randy, Theresa, Cindy, Alex, and Paul and housekeeping staff for a very well maintained resort! Thanks for Hot Dog grill on Thursday---a very nice touch!
We hope to return and are happy we found the Limetree!

Room Tip: Gulf front is awesome! Our bed in 203 was SO comfortable! Wonderful to see and hear the beach!