“We really like this place, but a few changes this time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #227 of 794 Restaurants in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Puccini's is an intimate and magical dining experience. Request a chef table and sit and watch Chef Richard perform and prepare your meal right in his kitchen. Puccini's is a BYOB restaurant with no corkage fee. Cash or check only please. Reservations only.
Venice, Florida
“We really like this place, but a few changes this time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have been BIG fans of Puccini since it started on hwy 41. The move to the new location has made the ambience even better. The food is still amazing and service quite good. Being able to bring your own wine without a corkage fee is a BIG bonus to us wine lovers. However, we did notice some changes....no bread on the table which we missed, unable (or unwilling) to split a salad, cash or checks only, no credit cards and an increase in prices and a reduction in portion size. A simple spinach salad with gorgonzola shavings and pinenuts was $12, all entrees were $24-28, dessert was $8. Four of us with split salads and desserts and 4 entress was $185 which included tax & tip....obviously, no liquor bill. While we will probably continue to eat here from time to time, a little of the enjoyment we felt in the past has been taken away. Too bad, but I guess that's the price you pay for NOT paying inflated wine prices.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Overall disappointing. I had heard wonderful things about Puccinis and while the food was good, it was not great. The service was less than stellar and the dishes were dirty. I am open to a return visit as I would like see if they were having an off night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, VA
“Mamma Mia! Just like an Osteria in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Made me feel like I was back in Italy where I lived for 4 years. Very authentic setting and food. For appetizers we had mussels, mushrooms, sausage, ravioli, tortellini, and lambchops. All great! For entrees we hac veal puccini, monkfish/spinach/garlic, ny strip/marinar/shaved parmesan, grouper/lemon/capers. We shared so we could all have some tastes and we really enjoyed! The desserts were also delicious with the crepes melting in your mouth, we had a few different ones and shared. You bring your own wine here which really helps with your cost and you can ensure there is something you want to drink.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Not wonderful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I dont like giving it a 2,as the food is good. My problem is with the attitude! Order a very mundane salad of argula with two very small slices of tomato and two slivers of parmasan cheese which had the hefty price tag of $10. Asked them to please split the salad as DH and I were sharing....came back and said they couldn't do it,too busy not enough help! Is that the customers problem that they don't have enough help? We had a reservation at 7pm...they had us in and out by 8pm! Hay guys I didn't go to McDonald's! Noise level was horrible. We have been going there ever since it opened on 41, and have never had an evening experience like that. I think that all of a sudden people are hearing about it,making it popular,and making them very independent! Hope it doesn't backfire on them. We are not rushing back.

Visited November 2012
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Not wonderful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I dont like giving it a 2,as the food is good. My problem is with the attitude! Order a very mundane salad of argula with two very small slices of tomato and two slivers of parmasan cheese which had the hefty price tag of $10. Asked them to please split the salad as DH and I were sharing....came back and said they couldn't do it,too busy not enough help! Is that the customers problem that they don't have enough help? There were four of us and we had a reservation at 7pm...they had us in and out by 8pm! Hay guys I didn't go to McDonald's! Noise level was horrible. We have been going there ever since it opened on 41, and have never had an evening experience like that. I think that all of a sudden people are hearing about it,making it popular,and making them very independent! Hope it doesn't backfire on them. We are not rushing back.

• Visited November 2012