“Pleasantly surprised atmosphere.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Pleasantly surprised atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had an enjoyable dinner at The Table after many recommendations from others. Food was good and presentaion interesting. Energry level was exciting with excellent service from all staff members. Seating available inside or outside on the creekside patio. Prices are higher then expected for the location but you will not be disappointed on the quality.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gloversville, NY
“Nothing Special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I tried Table Restaurant Creekside based on quite good reviews on Tripadvisor. I must say I do not know what all the hype is all about. There is a small seating area in the bar right by the door which is where we were told to sit for Happy Hour. In addition, we could have sat at the bar. We chose the seating area and it was not comfortable. The bar and chairs in this area are "pleather" which has significantly turned yellow. The "pleather" on the table was all ripped. I ordered a glass of cabernet (the Happy Hour red) and it was almost undrinkable. Tasted watered down. My husband ordered beer which is usually a good choice. We ordered a couple of appetizers which were very good. For my second glass of wine I switched to a merlot. It was a little better but not much. I think I'll cancel this restaurant off my list. The best happy hours are at the Bijou Café and Bone Fish Grill in Sarasota.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great New Years' Eve celebration ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stopped for the night in Sarasota on our way to Sanibel for the month. I had visited The Table in August and was impressed with the restaurant. I realize that New Years Eve can be a tricky time to visit a restaurant due to crowds etc. I was pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent. Although the restaurant was completely full with several large parties they were prepared with plenty of wait staff. The menu was appropriately festive. The lobster carbonara was amazing! My husband had the veal chop which was cooked perfectly. Everything was presented beautifully. Expensive but worth it.

Florida
“Good food but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Went here for dinner on Sunday night. My first impression was the food better be good because it seems a little pretentious. Do I want cucumber slices in my water? Do I really need to change my white napkin for a dark one because I was wearing dark jeans? As to the important part - The food was excellent, but be ready to shell out a lot of money. It wasn't really worth it, if you ask me. A good option would be to have appetizers, or go for their happy hour with appetizers. Lots of people like the place, as evidenced by the full dining room. So, if you have money to burn....and it looks like a lot of people do....go for it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Brunch was disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My mother and I wanted to try a new restaurant for brunch, and she saw this one recommended on TV. There was a buffet that could be chosen for brunch, offering fruit, pastries, bagels, salmon, and a few salads. We ordered off the menu. I had the eggs benedict with duck confit. Confit is shredded meat that is often braised. This was shredded duck, mixed with the potato hash and grilled in a patty. I asked about the potato hash, which was a side dish served with the duck. I was told that it was just potatoes - nothing special. I likened it to hash browns and was told that my understanding was correct. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be potatoes, onions, red peppers, and hot peppers. Mom asked if the omelets came with toast. "No" was the reply. No suggestions of other offerings, or the possibility of toast being available on request. She ordered an omelet without mushrooms, and it was served with mushrooms, so had to be remade. The decaf coffee was hot but tasteless. Mimosas were on the menu, but were only available after noon. Salt and pepper were no on the table, and the eggs were not appropriately seasoned. All in all, a disappointing meal. Be sure to check out the menu online before going - members of your party who are interested in bacon and eggs, or more typical breakfast/brunch foods will not be happy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere