“Hearty,healthy food for breakfast, brunch and lunch .” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Hearty,healthy food for breakfast, brunch and lunch .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Eclectic,funky, a cross between a diner and a coffee shop, Simons,Just looks like a place for healthy and hearty food. Had breakfast there one day and lunch another. Really liked my lunch which consisted of a hearty cup of vegetable soup with what they say is a half chicken salad sandwich. The soup was chock full of vegetables, it was much like a stew and it had a wonderful, fresh, just salty enough taste. The chicken salad sandwich was on the most delicious multigrain brain and was so huge, 3/4 had to be taken home for tomorrow's lunch.

The place bustles and if I had any complaint at all it was that it was noises and too rushed to relax. I would choose to sit outside next time and I. Think it would be more laid back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Simon K, Owner at Simon's Coffee House, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor, we appreciate your input. We admit at times the restaurant is heaving with hungry people, some in a rush to get back to work and others wanting to enjoy a more tranquil lunch! We do our very best to please everyone but know that we are in 'our season' and this time of year is especially busy. Thank you once again for choosing Simon's.

94% Recommend
Sarasota, Florida
“Healthy Choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's a nice treat to have healthy fresh choices available for people. We have a family with dairy, gluten & vegan issues which were no problem at Simon's. I loved the combo choices too! I had the Black bean soup with the French salad. It is a little pricey but that's what you get for quality.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious, healthy eating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful restaurant with lots of choices for vegans or meat eaters. Soups, wraps, sandwiches, smoothies, coffee. We had a chicken salad wrap,pea soup, black bean soup. All was yummy. The place was kind of crowded at lunch time and it is obviously a favorite of locals. Indoor or Outdoor seating with complimentary blankets if it is chilly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Quaint, cool and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have had lunch here twice and love it! Best sandwiches in town. best quality meats and everything is fresh. You know how you sometimes eat in a place and think, "Do they ever taste this? Why wouldn't they want to have the best potato salad, etc?" This place strives to outdo themselves. you can tell this with every bite. The London sandwich is great. My wife has chicken salad and loves it. Next, I want to try their breakfasts.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Fantastic, Healthy, Road Side Café in Sarasota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Looking for something tasty and healthy to eat in Sarasota? Look no further than Simon's Coffee House. It's on Highway 41, the main drag, on the southbound side. This place is a gem that stands out among chain after chain that you pass in strip mall after strip mall on 41. In fact Simon's is in a strip mall--it's easy to miss so make sure you have your coordinates set before you take off. Once you do find it, you are in for a treat!

They're open for breakfast and lunch--we stopped in for the latter. The food is largely organic, locally sourced. They have a solid vegan selection. I started with soup (4-6 soup specials daily)--a Moroccan Cauliflower soup...Fantastic! For my main course I had a yummy french salad with tofu (you could order chicken, salmon or other proteins)...it included mushrooms and pecans and goat cheese and apples and dried cranberries. So good and so fresh. For dessert, my brother, sis-in-law and I shared an organic berry tart that was fantastically great. Finally, while I had coffee, my co-diners each had lemonade sweetened with all natural apple juice. I had a sip and--WOW! Really good. I imagine the rest of the menu would elicit "wows" as well.

The service was top notch, with a hint of British hospitality. This is due to the fact that the owners are Brits--the wife certainly has the accent and the husband was wearing a West Ham United soccer jersey.

You can eat inside (they have a small inside seating area) or al fresco. We chose the latter, even though that meant we were eating on the strip mall sidewalk. Not much in the way of atmospherics but who cares. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Visited December 2012