“Healthy Choices” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Vegan, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available
Description: Family run local business. Creative dining with six soups each day and many daily specials. We have vegan and vegetarian dishes and include many great meat dishes too. Our meats are roasted in house and we make our salad dressings . We have vegetables delivered daily and make many healthy juices, smoothies and now have kombucha on draft
Sarasota, Florida
“Healthy Choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It's a nice treat to have healthy fresh choices available for people. We have a family with dairy, gluten & vegan issues which were no problem at Simon's. I loved the combo choices too! I had the Black bean soup with the French salad. It is a little pricey but that's what you get for quality.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Delicious, healthy eating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant with lots of choices for vegans or meat eaters. Soups, wraps, sandwiches, smoothies, coffee. We had a chicken salad wrap,pea soup, black bean soup. All was yummy. The place was kind of crowded at lunch time and it is obviously a favorite of locals. Indoor or Outdoor seating with complimentary blankets if it is chilly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Quaint, cool and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have had lunch here twice and love it! Best sandwiches in town. best quality meats and everything is fresh. You know how you sometimes eat in a place and think, "Do they ever taste this? Why wouldn't they want to have the best potato salad, etc?" This place strives to outdo themselves. you can tell this with every bite. The London sandwich is great. My wife has chicken salad and loves it. Next, I want to try their breakfasts.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Fantastic, Healthy, Road Side Café in Sarasota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Looking for something tasty and healthy to eat in Sarasota? Look no further than Simon's Coffee House. It's on Highway 41, the main drag, on the southbound side. This place is a gem that stands out among chain after chain that you pass in strip mall after strip mall on 41. In fact Simon's is in a strip mall--it's easy to miss so make sure you have your coordinates set before you take off. Once you do find it, you are in for a treat!

They're open for breakfast and lunch--we stopped in for the latter. The food is largely organic, locally sourced. They have a solid vegan selection. I started with soup (4-6 soup specials daily)--a Moroccan Cauliflower soup...Fantastic! For my main course I had a yummy french salad with tofu (you could order chicken, salmon or other proteins)...it included mushrooms and pecans and goat cheese and apples and dried cranberries. So good and so fresh. For dessert, my brother, sis-in-law and I shared an organic berry tart that was fantastically great. Finally, while I had coffee, my co-diners each had lemonade sweetened with all natural apple juice. I had a sip and--WOW! Really good. I imagine the rest of the menu would elicit "wows" as well.

The service was top notch, with a hint of British hospitality. This is due to the fact that the owners are Brits--the wife certainly has the accent and the husband was wearing a West Ham United soccer jersey.

You can eat inside (they have a small inside seating area) or al fresco. We chose the latter, even though that meant we were eating on the strip mall sidewalk. Not much in the way of atmospherics but who cares. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Healthy and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A nice variety of sandwiches, homemade soups and salads. All ingredients are very fresh and many of the menu items change daily. Very healthy eating with exceptional flavor.

Visited November 2012