“You will not be disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 848 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“You will not be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We often use Tripadvisor to find restaurants in unfamiliar areas and Sake House was at the top of the list with only one visiable negative review. We tried and were not disappointed at all! We had the seafood soup for two, the shrimp tempura and two different selections from their special sushi rolls (#2 & #5). We do not like cucumber so we asked if it could be eliminated and replaced with cream cheese and they were easy to accommodate. They only thing that was slightly disappointing was the vegetables with the tempura. They lacked any distinct flavor and the texture was a little mushy, but the shrimp were so good, it made up for it. Overall, the food and service was excellent & we would definitely go here again.

Sarasota, Florida
“Best sushi in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've been to all the sushi houses in Sarasota and am usually disappointed when comparing them to Sake House. The staff is excellent. They are very friendly and accommodating, particularly with my young daughter. The menu selection is very good. The quality is superb and they offer some of the best examples of standard fare at Japanese/Asian cuisine. For instance, their ginger salad, such a simple dish, is so much better than the competition. They also have an extensive selection of sake. Try this place. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Loganville, Georgia
“Great sushi rolls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife had the sushi rolls here and the place lived up to its expectations. She said it was one of the best sushi rolls she ever had. She got the special which was the fried lobster and she loved it. Unfortunately I did not like my meal as I got the chicken udon and it was terrible. No taste at all, but I pick this restaurant for my wife not myself and all the reviews talk about the sushi rolls. The interior is nice. The service is TERRIBLE and we sense some attitude from our waitress. It needs a more friendly vibe to it. I'm sure service has something to do with there being nobody inside the restaurant given this was around 8PM. Whoever they have serving the tables needs to be fired or given a different position because they're not friendly people. If you love sushi then I would recommend this place. Based off my dish only order sushi lol.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota
“Avoid this place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

With all the wonderful places available in Sarasota Fl., this is one to avoid! The service was poor and the sushi rolls where tasteless. We ordered 6n different rolls and 2 orders of Teriyaki chicken and every dish lacked flavor.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“You will love it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Best hidden jewel in Sarasota. Freshest sushi I've ever had. There are no other fancy restaurants in town that can compare to Sake. You will love it.

• Visited May 2013