“THE HELL MOTEL!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sarasota Suites

Save Saved
You added Sarasota Suites to your Saves list
Sarasota Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7251 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay Sarasota)   |
Ranked #46 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
“THE HELL MOTEL!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

My friend and I had a room reserved for the 5th of April when we arrived we were told that there were no rooms ready and had to wait atleast 30 minutes. We got are room and the 1st thing we noticed was a dead roach on the carpet. The second thing was a live roach in the toilet. We had both layed down in seperate beds, as I was getting ready to fall asleep I felt something crawling on my neck and screamed waking my friend. He jumps up and we looked on the bed and there were bed bugs everywhere all over the pillows and sheets. He lifted his pillow and there was a huge roach under his pillow. I went to the office and demanded a refund. I then called a cab to go to Super 8 in Bradenton and bought lice shampoo. I was covered in bites. I have never seen a bed bug in my 43 years. The place was the foulest place I have ever been and when Trip Advisor called for my refund Managment was aware they had bugs and never said anything to us. After we left I had noticed I had left my $40.00 bottle of shampoo and called and said I was coming to get it and was told it was thrown out. The maids and managment are LIARS and THEIVES as well as GROSS!!! I am calling the Board of Health and The Better Bussiness Bureau today! I have never been to the nastiest hotel in the world until now. For your own saftey NEVER GO THERE!! EVER!! Trip Advisory should drop them!!! The rooms are gross in every way!! I am contacting my Attorney!! If there was a Zero that is what I would rate FOR SURE!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We left after killing 6 roaches and finding stains all over pillow cases and sheets. Slept in our car. With beach towels. Have pictures of coffee pot, not washed in year. Crack hotel , stay away ! looked like super glue all over sheets. Hotwire refunded my 2 nd night.

• Stayed April 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Sarasota Suites is a good place if you need just to sleep or stay for short time. Alan, the manager, is very nice. We had our flight delayed so we arrived to the hotel late and he opened. The hotel was very quite during our time there, just a few people swimming in the pool. The location was good for our interests. Stay if don't need nothing more than a room for sleep and take a shower.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Haines City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Booked through Hotwire. The hotel looked great in the pictures and the rate was reasonable for spring break. When we got to the hotel we found that the sheets on the bed were ripped and burned. We called hotwire and they called the hotel and was told they would be changed in the morning. We borrowed towels from a friend nearby as the towels in the hotel looked like they had been there since the grand opening of the hotel. We went out that evening of our arrival and when we came back to the hotel it was infested with roaches. The next morning we went out and when we came back the sheets were off the mattress, OH MY GOD! I have never seen such disgusting mattresses in my life. There were urine, fecal matter, and who knows what other kind of stains on them. The ceiling has stains, the floor feels sticky and there's carpet on it. On the last night of our stay I opened the refrigerator to put something away and there were roaches crawling in the refrigerator seal......DISGUSTING!!! I will never ever stay at this hotel again and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I don't understand all these bad reviews. Alan, Heather, and Nicole are great. Very positive energy ... they are a great team. It is very quiet and peaceful and welcoming there. The cleaning crew are great ... very up beat and accommodating. If you need something and they can help you they will very willingly... always with a smile and laughter. i stayed for a week and when time to leave i didn't want to go. Nice laundry room, I lost a few quarters in the washer (that was acting up) and Nicole gave me back the full amount even though i had not put the full amount in. Other places you have a hard time getting anything back. Just a small thing but small things add up and are impressive as to how they are handled. As for the WiFi i had no troubles because i brought my own ... mobile broad band ..but was told if i had a problem to sit next to the window that would help. I've stayed at some real holes in the wall type motels and I've stayed at some very elite motels and I've had bad WiFi and I've had good WiFi at both, so it has nothing to do with the motel. I want to "thank" Alan, Nicole , Heather and the rest of the staff, I had a great stay. (The first person I met was Heather ... she's a delight, so full of positive energy ...we could use a lot more Heathers in this world.) :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Beloit, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The rooms are dirty and infested with roaches ants and other bugs. The staff completely stole merchandise from my room. The management allows prostitutes, drugs and other raunchy activity to go on all day and night. I recommend this place for NO ONE! The hotel needs new management and the entire staff replaced.

Room Tip: Don't go there, PERIOD!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I flew in from California and stayed one week in this "Motel Hell" scum hole. Roaches, FILTHY carpet, neighbor's T.V. blaring ALL NIGHT and no one in the office to take care of it so had to call sheriff to make the manager open the door to turn it down. No remote for the 1975 RCA T.V. with a bad picture. EXTREMELY RUDE STAFF especially that lady that is supposed to be in the office but never is. The carpet was so filthy my socks were sticking to it as I walked into the dilapitated bathroom. While trying to get things ready to check out my disabled wife had some problems and it was taking longer to get out than we hoped. The office lady came to our door with the sheriffs to "Remove" us from the room as we were leaving. Unprofessional. Unsanitary. No savings is worth the stay at this place. The photos lie. And meth maggots were digging through the poison rat pellets in the bait box outside our door at 3:30am. If you like filth and disgusting people then this is the place for you. Whoever left reviews saying this place is great or even OK for the price is out of their mind. There is nothing worth the almighty price you will pay for staying at this roach and scumbag infested villa.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Sarasota Suites? Share your experiences!