“Dirtiest place ever!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sarasota Suites

Save Saved
You added Sarasota Suites to your Saves list
Sarasota Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7251 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34243 (Formerly Suburban Extended Stay Sarasota)   |
Ranked #46 of 48 hotels in Sarasota
Orlando fl
“Dirtiest place ever!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We left after killing 6 roaches and finding stains all over pillow cases and sheets. Slept in our car. With beach towels. Have pictures of coffee pot, not washed in year. Crack hotel , stay away ! looked like super glue all over sheets. Hotwire refunded my 2 nd night.

• Stayed April 2014

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Sarasota Suites is a good place if you need just to sleep or stay for short time. Alan, the manager, is very nice. We had our flight delayed so we arrived to the hotel late and he opened. The hotel was very quite during our time there, just a few people swimming in the pool. The location was good for our interests. Stay if don't need nothing more than a room for sleep and take a shower.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Haines City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Booked through Hotwire. The hotel looked great in the pictures and the rate was reasonable for spring break. When we got to the hotel we found that the sheets on the bed were ripped and burned. We called hotwire and they called the hotel and was told they would be changed in the morning. We borrowed towels from a friend nearby as the towels in the hotel looked like they had been there since the grand opening of the hotel. We went out that evening of our arrival and when we came back to the hotel it was infested with roaches. The next morning we went out and when we came back the sheets were off the mattress, OH MY GOD! I have never seen such disgusting mattresses in my life. There were urine, fecal matter, and who knows what other kind of stains on them. The ceiling has stains, the floor feels sticky and there's carpet on it. On the last night of our stay I opened the refrigerator to put something away and there were roaches crawling in the refrigerator seal......DISGUSTING!!! I will never ever stay at this hotel again and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I don't understand all these bad reviews. Alan, Heather, and Nicole are great. Very positive energy ... they are a great team. It is very quiet and peaceful and welcoming there. The cleaning crew are great ... very up beat and accommodating. If you need something and they can help you they will very willingly... always with a smile and laughter. i stayed for a week and when time to leave i didn't want to go. Nice laundry room, I lost a few quarters in the washer (that was acting up) and Nicole gave me back the full amount even though i had not put the full amount in. Other places you have a hard time getting anything back. Just a small thing but small things add up and are impressive as to how they are handled. As for the WiFi i had no troubles because i brought my own ... mobile broad band ..but was told if i had a problem to sit next to the window that would help. I've stayed at some real holes in the wall type motels and I've stayed at some very elite motels and I've had bad WiFi and I've had good WiFi at both, so it has nothing to do with the motel. I want to "thank" Alan, Nicole , Heather and the rest of the staff, I had a great stay. (The first person I met was Heather ... she's a delight, so full of positive energy ...we could use a lot more Heathers in this world.) :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Beloit, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The rooms are dirty and infested with roaches ants and other bugs. The staff completely stole merchandise from my room. The management allows prostitutes, drugs and other raunchy activity to go on all day and night. I recommend this place for NO ONE! The hotel needs new management and the entire staff replaced.

Room Tip: Don't go there, PERIOD!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I flew in from California and stayed one week in this "Motel Hell" scum hole. Roaches, FILTHY carpet, neighbor's T.V. blaring ALL NIGHT and no one in the office to take care of it so had to call sheriff to make the manager open the door to turn it down. No remote for the 1975 RCA T.V. with a bad picture. EXTREMELY RUDE STAFF especially that lady that is supposed to be in the office but never is. The carpet was so filthy my socks were sticking to it as I walked into the dilapitated bathroom. While trying to get things ready to check out my disabled wife had some problems and it was taking longer to get out than we hoped. The office lady came to our door with the sheriffs to "Remove" us from the room as we were leaving. Unprofessional. Unsanitary. No savings is worth the stay at this place. The photos lie. And meth maggots were digging through the poison rat pellets in the bait box outside our door at 3:30am. If you like filth and disgusting people then this is the place for you. Whoever left reviews saying this place is great or even OK for the price is out of their mind. There is nothing worth the almighty price you will pay for staying at this roach and scumbag infested villa.

• Stayed November 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Had to stay for a week while my house was being remodeled and had a Wonderful time. The managers really made the place feel like home for me while Was away from my own home. I seen both the managers take abuse from long term residents. I commend the whole staff for their services and making the place as pleasurable as can be. Reading the reviews of this place must be from some characters that have been eradicated.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Sarasota Suites? Share your experiences!