“Best hotel in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Credit + Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
“Best hotel in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The beach club adds a nice touch although beach erosion leaves less to be desire but natures fault so it's unfair to rate based on that .., hate the lounge area is combined with restaurant .., no place to comfortably enjoy a drink ..,, other than that the grounds are beautiful and service is great

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This was our third visit to the Ritz Carlton Sarasota. The valets continue to welcome us warmly as does reception for check-in. I tried the mobile check-in while we were en route and it worked a charm - the front desk manager simply took a swipe of our credit card and handed me an envelope with the keys already prepared and room number assigned.

This was our first time on club level here and now we are spoiled. The club lounge is fantastic and Scotty and Matthew were extra helpful, but really all of the staff were wonderful. We spent much more time there than we had ever imagined just because it was so comfortable and welcoming - and the light meals served throughout the day put Jack Dusty's to shame. If at all possible, the club level is the place to be.

Our room was a standard two double bedded room as we were traveling with our two children. Corridor noise continues to be an issue at this property - doors shutting seems to echo inside the rooms and voices of other guests were so loud it awoke all four of us from deep sleep. The room itself was pleasant and very clean with a nice balcony.

The pool on the hotel property is very nice, however a group of 20-somethings were playing their own music at one corner of the pool quite loudly and it was clashing with the piped in music from the speakers around the pool area. The staff neither noticed or cared - and several of the guests next to us found it just as rude and intrusive as we did. This is the type of behavior I'd imagine you might get away with at a Holiday Inn - but certainly not at a RC Resort. Very disappointing. When we mentioned it to two of the staff, they said next time they could see if they could get it turned down...??? Not the correct answer, guys. It should have been shut down immediately for the comfort of all of the pool side guests. All in all a very nice stay, though.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I've stayed here a few times. It is clearly the best option in Sarasota, and a really nice hotel. Somethings are terrific, others ok, and some, just terrible. Let me explain

Terrific:
Bell and Valet, they go out of their way to do anything for you
Beach Staff at the beach club, they work their tails off and are great
Lunch at the beach club was really nice
Evening drinks and dessert at Jack Dusty is always good
Spa treatment was 5 star and terrific

OK:
Breakfast is ok. It's a nicely presented buffet, and the food is good.
Bathroom is as expected, clean, marble, well presented. I just really hate shower curtains, so it just gets my "OK" rating"

Terrible:
Check-in was horrible. I wasn't explained anything, and the process was extremely rushed. The worst part is, when I went to checkout I overheard another guest checking in to find out that the "resort fee (pure profit)" included all water sports, i.e. kayak, stand up paddle. Boy were my wife and I pissed to learn that during checkout. I also wasn't explained how our "included" breakfast would be on the bill, I had to get this information from our waiter, which makes it a bit uncomfortable.

The bed and pillows should be replaced. I had a better nap on the lounge chair by the pool with a towel as my pillow than sleep in the room. The springs felt like they were coming through my back, and the pillows should be ashamed to call themselves "pillows".

Housekeeping on our first day had not cleaned our room until 4pm. I knew this, as we came back to our room to change then to go meet family, and the room was untouched. I had to call housekeeping to get fresh towels, and remind to come back to actually clean our room

While I said that breakfast is good and actual waiters are good, the act of getting a table is horrible. There is not enough staff to clean the tables, so there is this "please wait on the couches, while we find a table". Looking around, you see at least 4-5 tables that always need to be cleaned. Easy solution is to have additional staff to clean on a busy weekend. I am sure that there are enough people that need the extra shift. 2 extra bodies for four hours can't cost that much, and would be a huge asset to the breakfast flow.

Overall, I will stay here again. Don't get me wrong, this is still a nice hotel. There are just a few things that need to be looked at by management and fixed.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear stoneiam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our resort with the TripAdvisor community. While I am delighted you found our Bellman and Valet teams terrific and enjoyed our staff and facility at The Beach Club, drinks and dessert in our Jack Dusty restaurant and lounge and your spa treatment 5 Star, I was very sorry to learn of the disappointments and constructive feedback you described in the rest of your review and to our Front Desk Manager who spoke with you.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the frustrations you experienced during your stay. Your business is very important to us as we strive to provide the fine service and facilities our loyal guests have come to know and expect and by sharing your experience, you will make us better and stronger. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

I arrived at this hotel with my 2 children (10 & 13) for a short break, and we were not disappointed.the staff were attentive and we received a complimentary sea view upgrade, the bellhop was very helpful. The beach club being away from the hotel is a novel idea, and though a slight inconvenience the attitude of the staff there really MORE than makes up for it, in particular JESSE the barman who was poolside during one if our visits. The food at the beach restaurant was also very good, and the staff patient and attentive. In fact I can't really fault any member of staff I came into contact with, from the complimentary shuttle driver to the gentleman Luke who handled a query for me during check out. We took advantage of the opportunity to Kayak in the inlet lake, it concerned me slightly as there were no lifeguards on site. We had one experience where the children's drinks failed to arrive poolside at the hotel, we received a reasonable apology and that really didn't blight our stay. The bar is a lively place in the evening, but still in keeping with a very laid back Sarasota. Having stayed at the Cayman Island Ritz, I was glad to notice the availability of table tennis by the pool area. There is also a mini arcade room which has an air hockey table and a few arcade consoles; surprised that there is a charge for these, but in retrospect It ensures that other facilities that are on offer are enjoyed. There is a resort fee and a valet parking fee which certainly increases the overall cost of your stay, but it includes majority of amenities including Wifi. Room sizes were ok, nothing to write home about, was VERY shocked in the bathroom, when I tried to open a cupboard to check for weighing scales, to find under the cupboard Unpainted and very shabby, granted this was not on display, it just shocked me, I would have thought it would make sense to make it a false cupboard. that not withstanding, would I stay again?! OVER and OVER and OVER again....

Room Tip: I feel a room with a sea view will be best.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We have stayed here multiple times for business purposes. The Ritz Carlton Sarasota is a great destination. Enjoy the venue! Slow down your pace and enjoy the beautiful amenities such as the Beach Club, the water equipment, the Fitness Center, etc. Water is freely given out poolside, in the fitness center as well as the doormen. Infused water is also readily available. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Only problem we had was the inconsistent service. The first day, the pool attendant Tony was very professional and attentive - great service. The next day the 2 pool attendants were average but not attentive to the degree Tony was. Housekeeping was contacted regarding the stocking of amenities; we were assured they would respond and a second phone call needed to be made. Food was great with the exception of a failed crème brulee (others at our table of did not eat it). I would expect that being out of season and a low occupancy rate that the service would be over the top. Unfortunately we did not that to be the case. Hopefully management will use the time to train / retrain the staff to a higher level of CONSISTENT service. Otherwise, we had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view; one that faces the bay.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Ritz-Carlton Sarasota but the unusual nature of having to drive or take a bus to their beach club is the only drawback. It's not too far, but why didn't Ritz-Carlton place the hotel above the wonderful Beach Club instead of reserving that space for pricy condos? The pool at the hotel location is fairly small but okay for a quick dip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Wonderful property in Sarasota area. We enjoyed a nice weekend and the signature Ritz attention to details during our short stay. From welcome cookies in the room to toys for the younger guest. The beach club although packed on a Saturday afternoon was very nice and a good compliment to the main hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarasota
Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Comfort Suites Sarasota
Comfort Suites Sarasota
#1 of 46 in Sarasota
5.0 of 5 stars 391 reviews

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!