“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Atlanta, Georgia
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our family just got back from a 4 day stay at the Sarasota Ritz. We copied what we did last year and went just before our son started back at school. We had a wonderful time and I'd really like to thank everyone on the club level for making our trip so enjoyable. Our thanks to Matthew, Scotty, Tara and Amanda along with those whose names escape me. They were all so helpful with recommendations for restaurants as well as things to do with our children. I had mentioned to Matthew in passing that my husband and I had an anniversary coming up and he surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries/wine in our room. To help other families I will tell you we really enjoyed both the pool at the hotel as well as the beach club pool. Something I learned this year is the Ritz has kayaks and paddle(yolo) boards for guests to use on the bay, we all enjoyed trying them out. I truly can't say enough about the staff, they all truly made our trip carefree, easy and very enjoyable. From the valets to the staff at both pools everyone was gracious,kind and accommodating in every way. Our thanks and we will be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Last time we were at the Ritz, we did not go out to the beach club. This time we did and it is worth the trip. They offer a free shuttle to the beach club and also to St. Armand's Circle (with pick up). We had dinner at the Private Beach Club and it was excellent. The prices were high as expected. We had a Strip Steak and Scallop Scampi. Both entrees were $30 each and were worth every penny. The service was also excellent - as you would expect from the Ritz. The private beach club offered a nice pool area with chairs and umbrellas as well as outdoor eating areas and bar service. On the beach, there are only ownership condos offered. Some are available for rent.

Room Tip: Walls are thin and more noise than expected from the hallways.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

First let me start off by saying I never write reviews on places I visit, but after seeing some non-favorable reviews felt I must set the record straight.

The Ritz Carlton in Sarasota is a great place to stay/vacation, and is top notch in my families books. A little background I am 32 years old, married with a 2 1/2 year old and travel very consistently across the US and internationally and this place is among one of the top places I have stayed! This place is perfect for a long weekend away with or without children.

The staff is unbelievably friendly, courteous and goes out of your way to make sure you are enjoying your stay. Granted you have come to expect that with a Ritz property but have found this property is even above those traditional standards. From Jamison at check in to Frank, the shuttle driver to the beach club, the service is truly amazing.

The beach club truly is a great place to relax with or without children. The staff once again is great from the moment you enter. You have the option to be poolside which will be a little more noisy or their are quieter settings, if that is what you would prefer. For people that have said that one drawback is the beach club is 2.5 miles from the hotel, I must say I don't get that complaint because it is not an issue. The property does everything they can to make sure you can arrive/depart whenever you would like. Plus in my opinion the fact it is not on property makes the actual property must more relaxed and quiet during the day if you choose not to partake at the beach club. Plus there is a smaller pool on site if you would prefer to stay on property.

The restaurant change to Jack Dusty in my opinion is great. My family and I love the fact that this is a more casual place to dine/drink, plus they make some great cocktails and their food is great as well. If you like white table cloth, stuffy settings, then head to downtown Sarasota or St. Armands circle, but for us the Jack Dusty is great.

All in all this is a great property and well worth your stay. The Sarasota Ritz has become my families go to place when visiting Florida and we look forward to being back over the next two years.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
South Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is a hotel we used to frequent quite often. However, over the last couple of the years the hotel has become more of a Marriott than a Ritz. Service is hit or miss, the concierge lounge is filled to the max with kids, no room at the pool, and the outside bar area is very public.

Room Tip: Concierge is hit or miss - often super crowded with kids.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a wonderful time at the sarasota Ritz Carlton. The room was perfect, the service was superb. Although the entire staff was amazing, Joe the valet attendant stood out the most. He went way out of his way to make sure that our stay was perfect. I hope management sees this review, and acknowledges what an asset he is to your organization.

Our favorite part about our stay was the beach club. Although the weather did not cooperate, our time at the beach club was wonderful. The beach club is absolutely beautiful, great staff, and the beach is one of the prettiest beaches in Florida. I highly recommend staying at the Ritz Carlton Sarasota.

Stayed August 2014
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have been a guest at this hotel many times on the past, but this was the best stay yet. The change in the restaurant and bar were not to my liking...too casual and open. I did love the old bar, with the dark wood and elegant ambiance, but since we were on the club level, we did not spend any time in Jack Dusty.
The club has also been renovated since my last stay..it is fabulous! The club staff, Mirza, justin, Amanda, Kimmy And everyone else who served the area were amazing . The Ritz does such a great job in hiring and training all of Their staff. Jason at reception was so helpful with several errors on my folio. He understood the errors and rectified them immediately .
Do not miss the clothing shop...whomever does the buying knows his or her stuff....great clothing .
We thank the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz for a fabulous stay!

Room Tip: Go for the club level..you will not be disappointed !
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time staying at the hotel until the very end. We received our incidentals form in our room before check-out - it states you can have your bill emailed, faxed or mailed to you. I filled everything out and left it. We waited at valet for 30 minutes and had been asked several times which car was ours. They could tell we were not happy and we were finally told we had to see the front desk before checkout. I went to the front desk and they told me I had to pay our incidentals. My husband and I were SO mad and will NEVER be back.

I also requested a water view room and received a view of the driveway and the tops of buildings.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear EGriff03,

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments. I was sorry to hear of your disappointing departure experience especially in light of your enjoying your stay until the end.

Feedback is extremely important to us and how we learn in what areas we need to improve. If you have the time and would like to contact me directly, I can be reached at 941-309-2001.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!