“Lovely staff, great location.” 4 of 5 stars

$50 Credit + Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gainesville
“Lovely staff, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is my fourth stay at the R-C Sarasota. The staff is very pleasant and capable, and I love being able to walk downtown or over the bridge to St. Armand's Key. My only disappointment this trip was the refurbished bar. The old one had an English library vibe with large, comfortable seats, the new one is sterile and trendy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a wonderful time! Beautiful & elegant. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The beds were the most comfortable that I had ever slept in.

As a side note, they also provide complementary cribs which is nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Everything from the location to the service and staff were exceptional. We arrive very early on our check in day and they had our room ready. Gorgeous view from the balcony and the lounge chairs at the pool are some of the most comfortable I have ever experienced. The beach club is just as lovely.
Convenient location to walk to some great restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I just returned from my first and certainly not my last visit to this incredible Ritz carlton. the hotel is right in the marina ,city area of sarasota with all the expected amenities of a RC . This place is so quietly elegant and understated and totally relaxing. The Jack Dusty dining is right on the marina overlooking an incredible pool and was one of the most relaxing ways to start your day in Sarasota. The wait staff was so attentive, suggesting items and so welcoming. I spent over 2 hours at breakfast each morning , tucked in with all my NYC papers and oodles of coffee just appeared.The hotel has an hourly shuttle to their Beach Resort Club on Lido Key that leaves hourly (with a stop at St. Armand's circle for shoppers) and they have figured out how to take all the hassles out of shuttle service making it seem like you have never left the gracious RC service. I went my last day and realized if i had gone day 1 I probably would never have left the beach and seen any of Sarasota.
The pool there was even more lovely than the city venue pool but the beach was the star. Set with all the amenities and great staff I spent hours just swimming in the 90+ degree Gulf waters, watching the occasional school of dolphins and assorted fish. Didn't want to leave to even eat and lunch service was not only delicious but quick and friendly. friends met em there and all i did was tell the beach staff their names and they arrived and said they were welcomed like they also were RC guests. I can't wait to rerun to explore more of this part of Florida and bring my family. this RC is a definite return always on my growing list of rite carlton properties around the world. the Kid's service was a big plus for families with all age kids. Oodles of ocean / pool toys for all ages and of course the ritz Kid's program. Back in the city facility the gym was small but so complete and great daily programs. I have to return just to see the fabled GREEN FLASH sunset at the Beach Facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a Marina View room, the view is soothing and quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very delighted to share how much I enjoyed my stay at this Ritz Carlton location. Hotel grounds are beautiful, with a classic touch to the décor and ample space for those interested in walking around the premises. The building is within walking distance to a bunch of restaurants and bars.
Every staff member was beyond helpful during our stay. Our servers at the lounge were amazing and complied with every little request we had. Thanks to Emily, Karla, Amanda, Matt and Mizra for making it an extra special experience. Front desk attendants and the drivers who took us to the beach club were equally gracious and helpful. These people define customer service, and they should be commended for it.
Workout room was neat and organized. Was pleasantly surprised to learn that guests can use the spa as part of the amenities. Our room was always pristine thanks to the ladies who took care of the cleaning. We ordered room service late at night, and the food was incredible and arrived in a timely manner.
If you want to vacation without having to worry about a thing, I strongly recommend you invest in this hotel. It was a complete pleasure from beginning to end.

Room Tip: If available, try to get a room facing the water, otherwise you will be looking at the street or the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you are a frequent Ritz customer, you will be highly disappointed! We had to change rooms 3 times and finally ended up in an upgraded suite. There is no “good” view from this hotel, as we were reminded by guest services “we are on a bay not the ocean”. The first room had air conditioning issues (maintenance reminded us that Florida is hot), second one was on top of the parking garage and finally after realizing that all the rooms reflected a shoe box, we requested an upgrade to the suite. This room was beautiful with two bathrooms; living room, separate master bedroom and an adequate balcony overlooking the bay (do not expect to see the ocean at this hotel). This hotel had adequate to poor room cleaning, turn down service, room service and no attention to details, which we have come to appreciate from the Ritz. The “beach club” is a miserable 15 minute drive in a bus to the Ritz residence area on the beach. Here you are lucky to find someone to set up chairs and umbrella for you, and beach club service was non-existent. We realized on the second day that we were better off going to the liquor store and bringing our own drinks and snacks to the “beach club”. The service was horrible and inexcusable especially from a Ritz. The pool located at the Ritz hotel was decent. Someone decided that playing horrible swing music really loud was a relaxing thing to do. The first day we spent at the pool I ordered “fresh juice” which I was told; “I don’t think I can do that, see I have to go all the way up the stairs and ask the bar and they get really mad at us”. Not the experience we have had in the past and disappointing for the Ritz brand.

Positive aspects of the Ritz in Sarasota: We had a great experience with Kimmy and Joe at the restaurant, which as great food. The restaurant bar is great and the fresh juice and drink selection was great. Dean at the valet service was wonderful! He actually offered to take us to a local bar one night on his way home and showed us all the local food and hang out places around the down town area. That is the Ritz I remember. Finally the highlight of our trip was James at pool side service. We met him on the third day of our stay and he made the last 4 days so much fun. There was nothing James didn't see or take care of. He made everybody feel like they were important and special, always with a smile on his face!

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite, unless you like to sleep in a shoe box
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Ticder,

Thank you for your review and kind comments regarding our ladies and gentlemen and Jack Dusty Restaurant.

While I was pleased to hear you were provided with the fine service our Ritz-Carlton guests have come to know and expect on our front drive and at our Hotel Pool and Jack Dusty Restaurant and Lounge, I am sorry to see you were disappointed with our room views and location of our beautiful Beach Club on Lido Key which is located 3 miles from the Hotel that is situated adjacent to Sarasota Bay and downtown Sarasota.

Please accept my sincerest apology for any substandard service you experienced during you stay and any inconvenience our Beach Club’s location and complimentary transportation may have caused you.

We truly value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was very happy with the cleanliness of the hotel and the rooms. The staff was very friendly. Grounds were very well maintained. I am certainly by no means cheap or frugal, however everything at this was extremely expensive and overpriced. It is pretty bad when you can buy a case of beer or a bottle of wine down the street for the price of 3 beers or 2 glasses of wine at any of their restaurants or bars. Any mixed drinks we had were averaged $12+. Food was expensive as well. A sandwich and chips averaged at $20+. However the Mahi Mahi Reuben at the beach club was AMAZING! Also be very careful bringing in any outside drinks as it is very frowned upon at this establishment. If it weren't for the beach club I would not be recommending this hotel. The beach club is what definitely what made this hotel worth staying at.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Tim D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I was pleased to learn you appreciated the personalized service, cleanliness of the Hotel and your room and found your meal at our Beach Club amazing, I was very sorry to learn of the disappointments you described with respect to pricing and policy.

Please accept my sincerest apology for any frustrations you may have experienced during your stay. Your business is very important to us as we strive to provide the fine service and facilities our loyal guests have come to know and expect.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!