“Putting on 'The Ritz'!” 4 of 5 stars

$50 Credit + Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 47 hotels in Sarasota
“Putting on 'The Ritz'!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and felt the service and hotel were lovely. My only criticism would be the rooms overlooking the pool have constant noise from the air conditioning units nearby, even when the windows are closed. We didn't eat at the hotel but used the shuttle bus to eat at St Armand's circle. We would recommend The Blue Dolphin for breakfast on the cur or - excellent food. The beach club was lovely with superb service especially the guys on the beach setting up the loungers and taking food/drinks orders. My son declared the chicken tenders from the beach club were the best he'd eaten (and he had a few during this holiday). Overall a lovely experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

952 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Just returned from week at the Ritz Sarasota. Great beach club and hotel. Hotel staff typically goes beyond the customary to make you feel welcome.

Extra positives- door staff particularly Dean. He should be promoted. Makes you feel like you've been friends forever. Asks a few questions and then makes fabulous recommendations for restaurants or activities.

I had a mishap on day #1. Somehow door knob broke in bathroom and I was locked in. Horrifying! However, with a call to the front desk through bathroom phones, three engineers quickly resolved issued and let me out. Hotel staff contacted me few times later that day to make sure I was ok. Made me feel good.

Disappointments - Didn't know full details of hotel car service. Wasn't made aware of this benefit initially. When we originally learned about it, our driver ---not sure if his name was Charlie--was very negative. Gave 30-year olds a lecture about using shuttle and said he is not a personal driver--we never said he was. Made it seem like drive was worst part of trip. Spoke to adults like children.

I LIVE on a beach when on vacation. Proximity is very important to me. When I called two months ago about the beach club location, I was told shuttle come very half hour. Not really like that. Comes every hour. Felt a bit misled.

Overhaul, amazing experience enhanced by friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The title isn't meant to be a dig either. It's pretty much what you expect. Nice property with friendly staff. The beach club (five minute ride away) is very nice with great menus (prices were very good too) and lovely beach. The room was an older room where the shower and tub were one, but that's just because the property is older. Overall, great stay and it's five star. I gave it only 4 because the pillows were foam and had a bad night sleep. Be sure you ask for feather....lesson learned.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The location is one of the nicest hotels in Sarasota- Long Boat Key area. SInce it includes residences the place has some life to it even when it is off season which is great.

Since it is not surrounded by other high rises it has great views from most rooms. Water surrounds over most of the place. Additionally it is so convenient to the airport it makes it a breeze to get there without delay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west and avoid a north facing room if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We just got back from a nice long weekend in Sarasota staying at the Ritz. There were many wonderful things about our stay and only a few not so great things.

Wonderful: the Beach Club at Lido Beach. Love, Love, Loved it! The shuttle leaves every top of the hour to take you to this private beach. It took 10 minutes tops. The beach is gorgeous and the amenities were amazing. We walked right out to the beach and attendants are there waiting and ready to get you chairs, umbrella, drinks, food, whatever you need! We spend two of our days there and loved every minute of it. Definitely go during your stay if you can!

We also enjoyed Jack Dusty's for drinks and desserts. The toffee pudding is so good! I want to give a shout out to Kimmy, our server one evening, she was extremely attentive and helpful.

We enjoyed the breakfast buffet one morning and while it was good, it was pretty pricey for breakfast.

The not so great: We were there over Memorial Day, so it was packed. We were celebrating our 17th anniversary, but had a room with 2 double beds, so that was kind of a bummer.

We were very surprised to open the bathroom cabinets and see that the inside was completely unfinished, as in, concrete floors, drywall, etc. We didn't say anything until the last night and then thought we'd just ask about it. The front desk worker told us that the bathrooms were designed that way, which I found very hard to believe. Why would the design be unfinished? Then, he proceeded to tell us that all the rooms were like that and we weren't missing out on anything. That wasn't why we said anything about it and I found him to be very condescending. I waited until someone different was working and brought it up to her and she said that the rooms were in the process of being redone. That made more sense to me! She was at least nice about it and understood why we wondered (we also showed her a picture we had taken on our phone and her eyes got really big!) Maybe our bathroom looked a little worse?

So, only a few minor things, but it prevents me from giving this Ritz 5 stars. We've stayed at several Ritz locations and this one was just slightly under Key Biscayne and San Francisco in my opinion.

Would we stay here again? Yes, for the location and for the Beach Club. I just won't be storing anything in the bathroom cabinets...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Matawan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

The service and the attention from the staff is excellent. The beach club is a huge benefit for this hotel. The hotel driver provided a convenient way to get to dinner or to the near by circle. Our only complaint was the room. The room was a little dated and our room was on the third floor, right next to a very loud air conditioner unit. We could not use the balcony. The hotel was at least 1/2 full, would have been nice to have been assigned a quoted room, maybe with a view.

• Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at the Ritz and it was fabulous. I was there for business and under a lot of stress. Overall, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were attentive and checked me in quickly to a great room. I was very pleased to have a room with a wonderful view and an extremely comfortable bed.

The wait staff in the restaurant provided top notch service during each dining experience - and the food was outstanding. I was able to eat, drink and work comfortbly in the dining room and catch a great view. The wine selection was wonderful and competitive with the local restaurants in downtown Sarasota.

The gym was great as well and offerred a great selection of cardio equipment. Water and towels were available and I thoroughly enjoyed my morning workout.

Returning is a definite!

Room Tip: a view of the water offers a great breeze on the patio in the evening
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!