“One Night Stay Was Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Credit + Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
TheDocsGirl
“One Night Stay Was Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed at this hotel, in the summer of 2013 for just one night while visiting the Sarasota National Cemetery. We are Lifetime Platinum Marriott Rewards members, so we are familiar with the Ritz/Marriott brand and know what to expect of each.

At check in, our rewards status was acknowledged and we were treated very generously by the front desk staff and manager, who we were delighted to chat with briefly.

There are two pools, one on the main property and one at a beach resort area which has a large pool, beach area, and restaurant. We did view this area but did not use the pool/beach. The beach resort is a short drive and there is complimentary valet, I believe there may be a shuttle as well.

Jack Dusty, the restaurant at this Ritz Carlton was very good, I would even say excellent.

Our room was well maintained, we had a beautiful view of the bay..The floor we were on was quiet and relaxing.

And of course, the service put forth by the Ladies and Gentlemen at The Ritz Carlton was stellar. You have spoiled us again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We have stayed at this property in the past and we have been relatively pleased with the services and amenities. I always expect a good experience at the Ritz. All I can say is that during our more recent visit, I was blown away and that's a tall order. For me, I expect a certain level of service at the Ritz so it's the small things that make a stay great. Upon checking in and going up to our room, we found a basket of goodies awaiting us. A couple of toys for kids and some snacks. A very nice start. Along the way, everyone introduced themselves and asked us that if we needed anything to let them know. We received the same cordial, friendly service at the beach club, even the guys at the security gate are nice. The food at the restaurants and beach club is very good. We actually had some excellent dishes at main restaurant, Jack Dusty's, so I would highly recommend giving it a try. We stayed on the Club Level and the food offerings there are excellent and the service is unparalleled. They have five or six food offerings thoughout the day and our kids especially love the dessert/chocolate offerings in the evenings. Just what every kid needs before going to bed. The Club Level Manager came by and introduced herself, again telling us that if we needed anything to just ask. We chatted with her for a few minutes and she asked us what brought us to the Sarasota. During that conversation we mentioned that I had run the Sarasota Half Marathon on March 16th which also happened to be my birthday. We didn't think much of it until the next evening when they presented me with the most delicious birthday cake (best cake I've ever eaten). This is what I mean by small gesture, big impact. Also, during our stay, the GM introduced himself and asked us how our stay was going, another very nice gesture. Our total experience was incredible and we really couldn't ask for anything more. I would give seven stars across the board if I could. I even went so far as to write an email to the President of the Ritz-Carlton telling him about the wonderful job the management and the staff are doing and you know what, he sent me a "thank you".

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pascagoula, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I am a fan of Ritz-Carlton and have very high expectations when staying at their properties. This one is in the middle in relation to other locations. The view is not great and the rooms are a bit dated. My single biggest issue is that this property is noisy. I could hear everything going on: late night revelers returning, doors closing, kids running down the hall, etc. The room was comfortable but had limited TV choices and was missing some of the high-tech amenities that I have come to expect. The bed was wonderful. Housekeeping service was over the top both in terms of the way the room was kept, how pleasant the staff were and how hard they worked to get things done around your schedule without disturbing you. The water, towels and toiletries were kept well-stocked and the Asprey brand toiletry products were excellent.

Location-wise the property itself didn't afford any tremendous views (or at least none that I was privy to) but is very near the marina and downtown. A free shuttle is offered to their Beach Club which is a trip well worth the time. The club can get very crowded particularly on the weekends. Walkers and joggers will love the options of going downtown or across the bridge out to St. Armands and Longboat Keys.

Do not miss the downtown area. There are great, local shops and restaurants. I highly recommend El Greco, a mediterranean restaurant on Main St. Excellent food, great prices, be sure to get the flatbread appetizer. Also, be sure to spend some time in the St. Armands shopping quad area out toward the Beach Club. Again, great local shops and retaurants. In that area I highly recommend the Crab & Fin. In looking for dining options don't overlook Jack Dusty's in the hotel. We had great meals there that ran between $50 and $75 per person. Service was good when you got it but most servers were overwhelmed the 2 times we dined there.

Be aware self-parking is not available and daily valet is $24.

There were not a lot of other lodging options in the immediate area and certainly none as nice or centrally located. There are a lot of what I call "Old Florida" motels out on the keys if that's more your taste but none that would measure up to the service levels of the Ritz.

I was there for a meeting and their food and beverage options for that event were incredible. Everything was delicious, was kept well-stocked and they gladly and promptly accomodated some special requests. The meeting facilities worked very well for our group and it was a great venue for a business meeting.

All in all, a good stay with the exception of the noise. I would likely choose this property over others if I return to the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed at Ritz's and was surprised by the inconsistent service between clientele & the two back to back weekends I stayed. Our first stay- in the hour and a half at the pool not once were we offered water, towels or a menu. I infancy had to go to the bar to get our drinks. The second time, we were told our dessert was going to be comped, I had to ask for it to be taken off upon reviewing the bill at check out the next day. Frustrating to say the least.

• Stayed March 2014
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Darcey C,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconsistency in service you described. Should your schedule allow, I would be happy to discuss this with you further and can be reached at 941-309-2001.

Your business is very important to us as we strive to provide the fine service and facilities our loyal guests have come to know and expect.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel looks stately the moment you enter the lobby. I was greeted warmly by the receptionist and was offered a complementary glass of champange. Complementary bottled water and toiletries were replaced constantly during my 2-day stay. Bed was very comfortable and moderately firm that suits me well. The free shuttle that took me to the beach and retail stores just adds to the extra service the hotel provides. The beach was awesome. And this hotel is walking distance to downtown with a variety of restaurants to choose from. My stay would have been even better if the TV screen was clearer. The reception was not good. Also I was looking for the in room slippers. I could not find them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The Ritz Sarasota provided the highest level of service I can ever recall - and I travel extensively. The service was great from the front desk to the parking valet to the beach club. Everyone went out of their way to be sure we had a good time and didn't lack for anything. One of the parking valets referred us to a fantastic seafood locally owned restaurant that was amazing. The beach club staff is amazing and the club is located on a great stretch of beach. If you want to stay close, the outdoor pool was very nice as well. The room was very good with everything expected in a higher end hotel. Fantastic. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

What a great place to hang by the pool overlooking the water. I know I live here, but I have to stop by to hang out with friends when they visit. They stay here at the Ritz and I see why. My friends room was a small suite, but larger than my former DC apartment. Very comfy and clean. We ventured into the little boutique and found lots of cute things, from clothes to beach hats. I'm definitely coming back here. I was there on a Sunday and we found out we couldn't partake in alcoholic beverages till noon. Somehow we found friends with bloody Mary's. The hotel staff was very nice and the wedding event went great. Hope more of my friends stay here. I need to go back.

Room Tip: The ritz is very close to St. Armins Circle where there are lots of restaurants and shops. And Lido...