“A very pleasant stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Florida
“A very pleasant stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel looks stately the moment you enter the lobby. I was greeted warmly by the receptionist and was offered a complementary glass of champange. Complementary bottled water and toiletries were replaced constantly during my 2-day stay. Bed was very comfortable and moderately firm that suits me well. The free shuttle that took me to the beach and retail stores just adds to the extra service the hotel provides. The beach was awesome. And this hotel is walking distance to downtown with a variety of restaurants to choose from. My stay would have been even better if the TV screen was clearer. The reception was not good. Also I was looking for the in room slippers. I could not find them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The Ritz Sarasota provided the highest level of service I can ever recall - and I travel extensively. The service was great from the front desk to the parking valet to the beach club. Everyone went out of their way to be sure we had a good time and didn't lack for anything. One of the parking valets referred us to a fantastic seafood locally owned restaurant that was amazing. The beach club staff is amazing and the club is located on a great stretch of beach. If you want to stay close, the outdoor pool was very nice as well. The room was very good with everything expected in a higher end hotel. Fantastic. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

What a great place to hang by the pool overlooking the water. I know I live here, but I have to stop by to hang out with friends when they visit. They stay here at the Ritz and I see why. My friends room was a small suite, but larger than my former DC apartment. Very comfy and clean. We ventured into the little boutique and found lots of cute things, from clothes to beach hats. I'm definitely coming back here. I was there on a Sunday and we found out we couldn't partake in alcoholic beverages till noon. Somehow we found friends with bloody Mary's. The hotel staff was very nice and the wedding event went great. Hope more of my friends stay here. I need to go back.

Room Tip: The ritz is very close to St. Armins Circle where there are lots of restaurants and shops. And Lido...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Solihull
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at many Ritz Carlton hotels over the years but this time were staying outside Sarasota and invited some friends to dinner at the Hotel for a special occasion. I booked a table for four on the main outside patio a few days before with a request for a really good table as it was an anniversary.
We arrived an hour before our booked time notified the restaurant manager that we were going to have pre dinner drinks and spent nearly 300$ on champagne and other drinks.We expected someone to come and take us to our table but twenty minutes after our table booking nobody came to see us so we made our way to the dining area to be told we must wait in line until they were ready to give us a table.I really think they had completely forgotten our reservation but even so I do not expect to be told that hotel guests will be served first and on complaining we were finally directed to a miserable table furthest away from the main patio in a narrow side area.

Nothing better was offered us and apart from the standard perfunctory apologies which did nothing to placate us we left the Hotel and went to another lovely restaurant in downtown Sarasota where we had a most enjoyable meal.

We will never return to this hotel and reading other reports it seems the dining experience is often not what it ought to be . I would suggest anyone making a booking for the dining area check the table when entering and if it isn't what you expect do what we did and walk straight out and go to one of the many excellent restaurants in the area who appreciate how to look after their clientele.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Martin A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I am very sorry to hear that your dining experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is a valuable tool so we can avoid any recurrence and to that end, if you can afford the time, please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience at 941-309-2001 as I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Overall, this hotel is a disappointment. We requested early check-in and was told we would have a room before our spa appt. We went out to the outside dining area to relax and get a drink. Twenty minutes later, still no waiter and no one seems to care. I went to the hostess and she found someone to wait on us who seemed to be put out and surly, not to mention delivering the WORST mojitos ever. Called the front desk about the room and still no room 1 1/2 hours later. Got the room at 4 pm after our $1,000 spa trip and there is black mold in the bathroom. Plus, the room is just average, at best. Wow. This is what $456+fees and tax get you a night? Won't be back.... EVER.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Rosina E,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apology for the disappointments you described. A member of our team tried to contact you by email with the hope of resolving during your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at 941-309-2001 if you would like to discuss this further.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Traveling through Florida, we arranged our trip so we could spend time at The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota‎ – and we’re so glad we did. This hotel has undergone some wonderful changes. On the main floor, it feels light, airy… and coastal. The decor fits the Gulf Coast lifestyle and cosmopolitan feel of downtown Sarasota. The hotel is not far – perhaps five minutes walking – to the city’s fine dining, historical and shopping area.

Upon arrival at The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota‎, I was met by the Director of Sales, Ms. Wendy Garrad. Wendy took me on an extensive tour of the hotel…and there was much to see. When you enter the broad vestibule area, you’re impressed by the clean look and feel of the hotel… which is carried throughout.

One of our first stops was Jack Dusty, the seafood restaurant, lounge and marketplace. Open for a little more than a year, the restaurant carries off a casual yet stylish setting. It’s relaxed, airy, and creates a favorable impression with large windows looking out onto the nearby marina and the Sarasota Bay. During our stay we dined here twice, enjoying signature cocktails and some delicious food.

Our room was quite comfortable. All the rooms have balconies and I was fortunate to visit a few of the different room styles with Wendy. The rooms include:
Sarasota View Guestroom
Waterview Guestroom
Club Guestroom
Club Suite
Executive City Suite
Bay View Suite
The Sarasota Suite
and the Ritz-Carlton Suite.

I especially liked the Executive City Suites and the Bay View Suites.

Regardless of which room you choose, I’d suggest the Club Level experience. I’ve been fortunate to stay in a few Club Level Ritz-Carlton rooms and the Club amenities are consistent and impressive. You get personalized service and the attention to detail you’d expect in a relaxed, almost secluded environment.

The The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota Club® Level was no different – A dedicated concierge assists you; there are continuous culinary offerings throughout the day (five different options like breakfast, light snacks, hors d’ oeuvres, beverages and sweets). And The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota Club® Level had wonderful views of the Sarasota Bay.

Our room was large – the entry level rooms at The The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota start at 425 sq. feet. Our room was decorated with feather duvets and goose down pillows (I’d asked for extras… and they were there!).

There was Gourmet coffee and tea in the room. After a workout in the fully equipped gym, we soaked in the large tub and relaxed in the Plush terry bathrobes and slippers… until it was time for dinner!

As our stay was brief, and the weather was NOT cooperating, we were unable to take advantage of the world-class golf course. But Wendy primed my interest when she talked about the exclusivity of the course and their hosting of the 2013 US Open Sectional Qualifier.

We also did not get to go to The Beach Club on Lido Key… we had the only days of rain on our Florida trip here in Sarasota. Registered resort guests do have the use of this exclusive Beach Club. It is located only three miles from the hotel on the Lido Key. The Beach club offers guests a private Gulf of Mexico beach, Gulf-front heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, Ritz Kids® recreational programs with zero entry family pool, a full array of distinctive Sarasota beach activities and elegant ladies’ and gentlemen’s changing facilities.

There is a regularly scheduled shuttle service to St. Armands Circle, the Beach Club on Lido Key and also the Golf Club.

We had a wonderful stay. Thank you Wendy for providing a in-depth tour of the property. The staff was – as you would expect at a Ritz-Carlton – very professional and courteous. The amenities were top-notch. What we took away was a feeling of total relaxation. And I think you can truly feel this as you walk through the entry doors of the hotel – A very welcoming, open, Gulf-Coast feel. We enjoyed The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota‎ and you will too!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Little Neck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Had a great stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota. I was so looking forward to stay here after staying the first couple of days of our vacation at the Don Cesar was a disaster.

Sarasota is a great town. There is a lot to do and places to eat.

The room at the hotel was spacious, comfortable and a nice water view. We also had a balcony so that we can enjoy sitting out and watching the sunset. I would definitely come back here next time we are in area.

I have no complaints with this hotel or it's location. This is a classy place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!