“You get what you'd expect - and then some” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Credit + Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
NYC Metro
“You get what you'd expect - and then some”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

The only disappointing aspect of our recent stay at the Sarasota Ritz was the duration - one night was way too short! This is a terrific hotel. You expect a certain level of service at any Ritz Carlton, and the staff at the Sarasota facility exceed that expectation. The restaurant (Jack Dusty's) also is excellent.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, water view room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Coateville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is the place to stay in Sarasota. The staff was simply fantastic, the grounds were beautiful and the restaurant was gourmet. Everyone was so willing to help provide insights on places to see and things to encounter. We will certainly stay with them again!

Room Tip: The weekend nights seemed to have guest who were rude coming down the halls in the middle of the nig...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Plantation, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

For the most part, we enjoyed our recent stay at the Ritz-Carlton. The Beach Club is beautiful and the staff at the hotel and beach are great. My biggest issue was the noise. The hotel has very little sound proofing and you can hear everyone opening and closing their doors and talking in the halls. I woke up at least 4 times each night due to noise (people arriving back late at night and children waking up early). The beds were very uncomfortable and need to be replaced. Upon arrival at the hotel, we we received a glass of champagne (lovely touch); however, the used glass remained in our room for 3 days. I hope that the hotel can address the noise issues because it is a beautiful hotel in the perfect location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear PamandBradFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and our Beach Club and sorry to hear of the exceptions you described. We value your constructive feedback and are reviewing plans and taking action to improve the breakdowns you have mentioned. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further at 941-309-2001.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
Boca Raton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

While the hotel was nice enough and the staff was friendly, the most important thing to me about a hotel is that i can actually SLEEP there! Unfortunately, you could hear so much noise in our room from the hall and neighboring rooms that we were woken up several times in the middle of the night and early morning. The phone ringing next door sounded like it was in our room, you could hear every noise from the other rooms' bathrooms, music playing, doors opening and closing, staff walkie-talkies. Even the couple having a normal conversation at 4am sounded like they were in our room - yes, you could hear every word they said, even though we were trying to block it out and go back to sleep.
So disappointing!!! We came back from our 10-year anniversary weekend wishing we had stayed somewhere else.

There was nothing wrong with the room otherwise, but we have traveled a lot and this hotel room was just fine. Nothing special or memorable. And I don't ever remember hearing so much noise from other rooms from normal activity.

Pros: Large bathroom with two sinks, access to Beach Club, location within walking distance of great a downtown, shuttle to St. Armands Circle hourly

Cons: Noisy guestrooms! Beach Club needs more servers on the beach - they tried hard but were spread way too thin to provide good service. And we weren't able to even get a seat at the beach club pool.

If you get lucky and have a room that is quiet, this hotel would be fine, but the location is the best part of it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Damien O, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear FLAmomof2,

Thank you for your recent review. While I was pleased you enjoyed our location and access to our beautiful Beach Club on the Gulf of Mexico, I was very sorry hear of the disappointments you experienced during your recent 10th anniversary stay. Your constructive feedback is appreciated and if you would like to discuss this further with me I can be reached at 941.309-2001.

Best wishes,
Damien O’Riordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Had a fantastic stay here. Very clean. Well staffed. Only a couple of issues...none of which will prevent me from staying there again.

Our rooms were very clean. One room had a toilet that wobbled... Another had a bathroom that appeared to broken into...I assume someone got locked in and needed help escaping...but the door and door frame were not repaired. Also, our TV worked.. But a big chunk of the plastic was broken off.
Now...again...no deal breakers here...but I would expect a brand like this to perfectly maintain its properties.

Onto the breakfast. Go elsewhere. Service was slow...the buffet was nice... But we had to wait and wait for more of this and that. Even though the food was good... The service made us eat elsewhere.

One highlight... The Beach Club! Wonderful... Wonderful.... And ...oh yeah...WONDERFUL!

See ya next year for sure!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had a very nice spring break trip and would definitely return to this hotel.
We love the Sarasota area and we did have our own car to take us to all of
our favorite spots. We did pay ALOT for parking ($24 per day) but it was worth it for us
to come and go. We did not use the hotel van.
Dean out front was attentive, polite and always had a wonderful recommendation.
It was crowded with many kids… that was great for our daughter who found friends
to play with everyday. Not so great when a family with 7 kids was in the room next
door. Service at the beach club was very good. They were busy so
there was a reasonable wait for food service. The service at the hotel pool was
polite but often slow. Service in the restaurant was sometimes slow as well but we were
on vacation and did not mind. Our room was very clean and had a lovely view of the marina.
We will stay again in August when it will be less crowded.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have stayed at this property every year for six years. I have stayed alone, with my sister (and children) and my parents. Finally, next week, my husband is joining me for his 50th birthday present.
I am shocked to read the negative reviews. The hotel is beautiful and my rooms have been spotless and well appointed. From the doorman to the front desk to the concierge and spa staff, service is impeccable. The staff has clearly been trained to accommodate. The one glitch with a room service order was resolved so quickly with a replacement item, I tipped the server a second time.
The bus to the Beach Club is free (but tip your driver cause they are super nice and always have cold water). The Club itself is a large shallow pool, a smaller pool and a large jacuzzi. There is a fun and happening little tiki bar on the beach. They are open to the public, but the Sarasota beach people couldn't be nicer and they often have a band on the sand. Since the drive goes through St Armand's, you never really have to drive anywhere during your stay.
I went to the new bar last year and had a great time. The food (mozzarella salad and steamers ) was very good and the atmosphere lively.
Since I was there last July, I don't expect anything less, though after reading some reviews here, I am secretly keeping my fingers crossed we will have the experience I have had in the past.

Room Tip: If possible, upgrade to the club level and you will be super impressed. The spa has a Vichy Shower...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota? Share your experiences!