When they first opened the RC Sarasota in 2001, I was a bit shocked by the location. Bayside, really? I usually stay on Siesta Key whenever I visit Sarasota (which is frequent given that most of my family still resides in Florida and theirs are the nicest beaches closests to Tampa) but I have always had a thing for Lido Key. So, when I recently discovered they had built a sister property (the beach club) on Lido suddenly I was all in. (I know, since the sister property has been open since 2005 I'm a bit slow on the upswing. What can I say?)
My sister had just turned 50 so it seemed a decent location to celebrate. Turned out it was. I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. Every single member we encountered was beyond gracious. And I do mean every single staff member (well, except for the one beach club pool side server who thought it might be a good idea to comment on my mom's Gator tervis cup and inform us she was a Seminole and then act as if she had one up on us). Note to service industry staff: you are not here to make enemies; regardless of your political offiliations. After all, I would think your tips do matter.
But beyond that minor inconvenience (and aren't all encounters with FSU fans just a minor glitch in our day? ) we were treated like royalty. From start to finish. And for those of you who just cannot get over the location (read: I'm not on the beach) I can only say: forget about it.
The hotel's daily shuttle service makes getting to the beach club a breeze. There's something special about being able to enjoy the beach during the day and then retiring to accomodations far removed from it. (It's like Casa Monica in St. Augustine, or The Lodge at Koele on Lana'i). And I must admit, I was very fond of the hotel's pool. Liquid sophisticated elegance.
Do check this property out. It is top-notch.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Hotel Sarasota
- The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota Hotel
- Sarasota Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Sarasota
- Ritz-Carlton Sarasota
- Sarasota Ritz
- Sarasota Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Sarasota
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a resort where the casual Gulf Coast lifestyle meets the sophisticated, cosmopolitan excitement of the city. Featuring exceptional dining, a luxurious spa, championship golf,off-site Beach Club nearby, lavish accommodations and sweeping bay and city views, The Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota, Florida, provides guests with a relaxing escape from the everyday. While you're visiting, be sure to enjoy the sandy beaches recently named the 2011 "Best Beach in America". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, Otel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.