“1st class hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Charlottetown, Canada
“1st class hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We recently spend 3 nights at this property. Like most Marriott hotels we were very happy with our stay. Hotel was very clean and quiet and has a very nice breakfast.
I can't say enough good about the staff. We had originally, about 4 weeks earlier booked a night on points using my wife's points and due to some changes in our plans I forgot I had it booked. We ended up staying 2 nights and then decided to stay another having forgotten I had it already been booked under my wife's points. So I was charged for the night plus my wife's came as a no show and was charged. When I realized my mistake a few days later I spoke to Allan at the front desk and he looked into my mistake and looked after our problem to our complete satisfaction. We will definitely be back again Thanks so much.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were able to make a last minute change in our hotels to allow us to travel closer to our final destination. The associate on the phone that helped book our room was fantastic. The room was nice and comfortable. The breakfast was barely average. The location and amenities were great too. The night front desk clerk was not friendly at check in and we didn't have any interaction with the morning clerks. Better food and a nicer night clerk would make this a 5 star review.

Stayed March 2014
Al A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott/ Sarasota Bradenton, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Firts I would like to aplogize for you having to experiance an unfriendly night desk clerk. I have brought this to my Front Desk Managers attention. I assure you that all of the staff we have love what they do and they will go over and beyond for all and any of our guest. We pride our selves in excellent customer service. I feel horrible that you encounterd and experianced something that we are not. We hope you would come back and give us a secound chance to show you the excellent and friendly service we provide. Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experiance with me.
Rocky River, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is a nice clean hotel with good location. It's about a 15 minute cab ride to downtown Sarasota. I stayed Saturday/sunday, February 8 and 9, 2014. The daily breakfast eggs/bacon and all was complete. The workout area was small but accomadating for a basic workout. The staff was very nice and informative. I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

After a horrible find at our reserved hotel, we had to scramble at 10:30 pm to find a room. Sarasota was sold out! Thank goodness this hotel was open. Nice beds, free wifi. Excellent free breakfast had everything from eggs to yogurt. Free coffee. Nice workout room too.

• Stayed February 2014
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

After having a bad experience at another hotel, arrived here hoping for the best. It was really pretty good value! Comfortable bed, spacious room. Bathrooms could have been a little cleaner but was very pleased overall! Free breakfast and 15 minutes from Lido Beach!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Rooms were clean. Nothing terribly fancy, but fine. Plenty of room, if one wanted to sleep, the other could read or whatever in the living area or desk. Staff was friendly and responsive. Breakfast was OK only, but this is not a restaurant, so I can't complain. Happy with it and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We spent two nights here in January. I think they are remodeling. There were a lot of paint chips and small debris in corners and around the baseboard areas. They really could have vacuumed the hallways a little better. As another reviewer said, watching tv from the bed is very awkward. To me, this is a bare bones suite hotel. No frills. It is fine for business travelers and very convenient to the airport. If you want quiet at night, ask for a room away from the pool area. Our room was directly above the outdoor pool and there was a lot of noise in the evening until about 10 pm. The breakfast selection was average but I thought the quality was less than stellar.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room away from the pool area.