Overall, a very nice property - and very much your stereotypical Springhill Suites.
Check in was handled quickly by a very pleasant reception clerk. Room was typical Springhill - a mini suite with high ceilings, a front sitting area with a couch, upholstered side chair, end table, and coffee table, with an adjacent work area / mini "kitchenette" with a microwave, fridge, and small sink. Bedroom had 2 double beds, and the bathroom was spotless.
Plenty of room for relaxation and work. I've always found that the high ceilings create somewhat of a spartan feel to the rooms, even though they are anything but spartan. For this class hotel, I prefer Hyatt Place, but having said that, this Springhill Suites property is quite nice and comfortable.
Coffee in the lobby, with a self-serve breakfast in the morning. I believe that the coffee is available 24 hours a day, as I picked up a hot cup on my way back to the room at 10:30pm Sunday evening. There's a small "market" selling snacks, light meals, and other necessities adjacent to the front desk.
Location is adjacent to the Sarasota airport on University Parkway. Close by are the Ringling Museum, a variety of food choices within a 5-7 minute drive, and shopping.
My only complaints were: 1) The desk chair, which had adjustable height, didn't adjust high enough for the desk it is used at. I don't know if this is the same in other rooms, but I'm mentioning it because I encountered it. 2) Rates tend to be a bit on the high side. There are many less expensive motels in the area, at varying levels of quality, so if price is an issue, you may wish to search around before settling in here.
Senior discount (age 62+), AAA discount are available when booking at marriott.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience the newly renovated SpringHill Suites where art meets "decor". The SpringHill Suites Sarasota/Bradenton offers style to inspire and space to rejuvenate. Located near beautiful white sand beaches, less than 1 mile from the Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport and conveniently located near the famous John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art makes us, your perfect destination. We are just off University Parkway and US 41. All of our suites are 25% larger than comparably priced hotel rooms, while providing the amenities of a modern lifestyle. Enjoy free WiFi or wired high-speed Internet, spacious work stations and modern furnishings with innovative room layouts. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, outdoor heated pool and spa, fitness center, 24 hour business center, while The Market offers 24 hour access to drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your SpringHill Suites by Marriott/ Sarasota Bradenton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Sarasota Bradenton Hotel Sarasota
- Sarasota Springhill Suites