“Warm & Friendly People, Clean & Comfortable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 47 hotels in Sarasota
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Warm & Friendly People, Clean & Comfortable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Nestled on the Southeast side of I-75 and University Parkway is this hidden gem of a hotel. The lobby is light and airy with plenty of places to sit together or apart, chat or catch up on a digital device. The restaurant and bar serve good food and drinks. The rooms are clean and comfortable and well-stocked with towels of all sizes. Most enjoyable are the professional people who work here. They are warm and friendly. You'll feel welcome and right at home here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We love our guests and hope you will come back soon. We are very proud of our hotel and what we have to offer. The new University Town Center Mall will open next to us in October offering our guests many more restaurant and entertainment options

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Midland City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

This little hotel in Sarasota Florida was just about like going to a luxury hotel. What a welcome respite to return to after 16 - 20 hours a day, 7 days a week while on assignment for a few months several years ago. I will never forget the inviting premises & the most interesting & enjoyable Alamo Restaurant on site that I was able to enjoy on Sundays. I do not do Holiday Inn any more unfortunately after over 10 years of devout loyalty to them when they did me wrong. However, I can say nothing but good about this little hotel in Sarasota, Florida & its Alamo Grill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Nice modern hotel with everything you could want. A little on the outskirts of Sarasota,
but only about a 15 minute drive to downtown and then over the bridge to the beaches.

Staff were all very nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are excited to announce that the New University Town Center Mall will be opening next to our hotel in October this year. It will add more restaurants and entertainment to our fantastic exit off I 75. Please come back to visit again

Corporate Director of Sales
FlyHorizon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was a very nice hotel and my first Holiday Inn in a very long time. Everything was clean and new looking. Staff was helpful and let me check in very early because my room was ready (unlike some hotels that stick to their posted time thus creating a long line). The only thing I didn't like was the shower. There was no tub. Instead around the corner from the sink was a walk in tiled shower room of sorts. The shower head seemed old and the water pressure was poor. Just an odd design all around. The toilet was on the opposite side tucked in its own alcove behind the door. No breakfast included but there is an attached restaurant which I didn't try. Easy access off 75 with shopping and restaurants close by.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your feed back. I am sorry the front desk did not make you aware that we have rooms with bathtubs or with stand up showers. You can request these rooms when you make your reservation or at check in.

We also offer rates with or without breakfast so you have a choice, rather that it being included in your rate at our limited service hotels. (no such thing as a free breakfast!)

Please let me know if I can help in the future

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Very nice entrance, restaurant and lobby, better than most Holiday Inns I have seen. Rooms were decent, breakfast was good, and the price was right. Very clean. Very small pool, and a small but acceptable gym. It was convenient to 75.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks for your feedback and I hope you enjoyed your stay
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I just can't say one bad thing about this place. And I usually have some constructive criticism for EVERY business. There are 5 star ratings and here's why every property should mimic the Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch:

1. Ambiance & Amenities - This is by far one of the best Holiday Inn properties I've been to, ever. It feels like a high end hotel in the way the decor, design and layout of the property. Very nicely decorated, modern with a warm, homey feel, it's how a hotel should feel.

2. Convenience & Safety - Lakewood Ranch in itself is a beautiful, great area, but even some of the nicest properties can be just shy of the seediest neighborhoods. Not the case here -- this place is beautiful, with great conveniences like Publix, Walgreens and other handy stores right within walking distance. I was in town for business but wished I would have brought my bike for a ride around Lakewood Ranch Blvd. I felt safe in the parking lot after coming in late from my fitness class and there is a security guard on property. If you're hungry, the Alamo restaurant has a great amount of variety to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner all at great prices. Try the chili and blacken burger, it was delicious! Just a hop from I-75, there's a huge shopping center with everything from Bone Fish Grill to Marshall's to Pier One.

3. Comfort & Productivity - Once I checked into my room, I was so impressed with the room and the view I was more than happy that I would spend my next 4 days and 3 nights here. I booked a two-day meeting and that's usually where I'm let down. Either by the accommodations for meeting space, the service of the team or even the restrooms not being serviced for 80 people in a timely manner. This property was so on top of everything and gleefully doing their job, I swear I thought I was at a full-service convention property with the attention and professionalism. The room was large enough for my 75 attendees, the a/v was set and ready for me as I requested and my sales contacts checked on me periodically during the meeting even though they had staff manning the room to refresh coffee and stuff. Other properties need to take plenty of notes on how it's done. The internet was consistent and strong for not only my personal needs but my meeting needs.

4. Service - I didn't have to lift a finger and their team did it all with a smile. The team here greet you even if they're not working on your project. That's how good customer service is supposed to be.

5. Overall care - I can't say more about this property other than I will return and I've even added Lakewood Ranch as one of my top cities to live in. There's plenty of great things happening and coming here and I'm excited I was introduced to this property. Great for families, I saw plenty of them on our last day (Friday) so I'm sure they'll enjoy their vacation. You'll enjoy this hidden treasure. Trust me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, you'll rise and shine in bliss.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Not in the epicentre of anything, but this is a great hotel to stay at. Quiet, self parking, friendly and fast staff (we called about a beeping smoke detector and within 5 minutes everything was taken care of). Entertainment revolved mostly around the really drunken hotel guests we encountered during our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We really appreciate your review of the Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch and had to laugh at your comment about our entertainment! As you mentioned we are just off I 75 with a fine selection of shopping and restaurants within a mile from the hotel. Publix, Walgreens, Chilis, Pizza Hut, Quiznos, and others are a short walk across University Blvd, but far enough to make sure you get a good nights sleep. We are definitely NOT located on the exit ramp like several of our competitors.
The front desk would be happy to guide you when you return. Also, the new University Town Center Mall will be opening less than a mile from the hotel in October this year.

Rob Ferguson

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!