“Fantastic Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Sarasota, Florida
“Fantastic Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last week I had friends fly in from out of town and I was showing them around Sarasota. We decided to stop by the Alamo Steakhouse for a few drinks. I was so impressed with the customer service and happy hour specials that my friends and I returned the following evening. The bartender (Bruno), and the manager on duty (I believe his name was Justin) both welcomed myself and friends by first name! The drink specials were great, and although we didn't get a chance to eat the food, everyone around us raved about how great their meals were, as well as the large portions they were given. I had never been to the Alamo Steakhouse until last week, but being a Sarasota resident, I will definitely be recommending this to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for visiting and for your wonderful comments. I hope you will try our excellent burgers, prime rib or step out to a bison filet and gator bites!

Rob Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel was chosen because of its location, near a multi-day racing event I was competing in, and budget-wise price. It was an excellent choice that I would book again in a minute. Rooms attractive and clean with a mini-refridge. Service excellent at the desk and in the adjacent restaurant. Lots of good quality, friendly and inexpensive restaurants (not chains) near by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Miamirower,
Thanks for your positive feedback. I hope you had a great day at Nathan Benderson Aquatic Park. As the crow flies, we are about the closest hotel. We love having the rowing teams!
I hope you will return to see us in the near future

Warwickshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this hotel on laterooms.com for an overnight near Sarasota.

Upon arrival, checkin was was nice and friendly. Our room was booked for 2 adults and 3 kids so we confirmed with the receptionist that a rollaway mattresses had been put in the room. She told us yes. When we got to the room, surprisingly there was no rollaway!! We called reception and spoke to the receptionist who told us there would be an additional $10 charge. Confusing really, when the same receptionist had told us it was already in the room. When we argued this, as our reservation was clearly made and paid for 5 people, she said ok and she would send one up. Within 10 minutes, a porter was at our room with the rollaway. We asked him where it was usually put, as it was quite tight in the room, and he said, he didn't know and "I don't care", and he wasn't going to assemble it. He left it in the doorway for us to deal with. He wasn't friendly nor helpful. In order to fit it in the room, we had to move both the desk and TV furniture. This room was not big enough and should never have been sold for 5.

The beds were quite comfortable but the pillows a nightmare. They were not big enough for the bed and far took small. One set of sheets had some stains, not nice. The air conditioner was loud and clunky and kept us awake most of the night. The room was clean and tidy.

The pool is small, but warm and with nice views of the lake. There were plenty of beds and lots of "hand" towels - unusual, no larger ones.

The breakfast staff were pretty friendly and very accommodating, great with the kids. Our reservation clearly stated breakfast was included for us all, but the reception staff tried to say that the kids were chargable and only the 2 adults were paid for. The restaurant staff argued this out for us with reception, and managed to get this sorted without a problem. The breakfast itself was very good. Plenty of choice nd very reasonable pricing.

We did not pay a lot of money for this hotel so it representated good value for the price we paid. However, some hotel staff need to work on their customer service skills, and perhaps follow the lead of the staff in the restaurant.

We probably won't go back here.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are so sorry we did not exceed your expectations. It is difficult to get a rollaway into a room with 2 beds so we don't recommend it. I am sorry it was not presented to you correctly or professionally.
We would like to have more details on your stay. If you get a chance, please call our GM at the hotel. so we can resolve this. It is very important that we iron out these rare situations.
A Lot of these web sites will book the room but send us limited information about your group. It should not have let you book more than 4 people in a room with 2 double beds. It is always safer and usually cheaper to book directly with the hotel. We will match prices booked on line if possible

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Couldn't find anything wrong with this Holiday Inn except that it was far from the airport. Otherwise everything was great. We went to visit my brother in law who was in hospice. The breakfasts were very good with a large selection which was a help for us. People were friendly.

Room Tip: Room ok, didn't notice any noise or anything.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thanks faintruly44
We appreciate your feedback. Yes, we are 7 miles from Sarasota/ Bradenton Airport and about an hour from Tampa.
The taxi service in the area is pretty reliable so that is probably the most efficient way to get to us.
Please come back to see us!
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We choose this hotel for our out of town guests to stay at for our daughter's wedding. A total of 12 rooms were booked there. Everyone raved about the hotel and the food in the restaurant. Breakfast was included with each room for only $10 more and everyone seemed to appreciate that. The hotel is close to restaurants, shopping, the interstate, and the location of my daughter's wedding. Everyone also liked the pool. I am very glad that we choose it.

PS I saw in one review that they said that they could not find anything to eat at 10 pm on a Friday night. There are restaurants across the street open that late and if you go down University, there are many restaurants still opened. :)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We really enjoyed having your group with us! Thank you so much for your positive feedback and information on the restaurants. It really is a great area for restaurants and entertainment. I hope you will return soon

San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel at least five times in the past eleven years. We love the place. We were especially surprised on this visit; the hotel has been totally upgraded. It was good before, but it is outstanding now.

Great décor, good customer relations and a good atmosphere. One unique feature of the hotel is its proximity to a pond just behind the property (part of the property, really.) There is a sign just in front of the pond which indicates that there may be alligators in the area. Believe the sign. We saw several small alligators near and in the pond. They don't bother you, but are a nice touch, especially for those folks from other parts of the country.

One little item which does not affect our review, but to which hotel management may want to pay attention, is one bartender whose attitude could use some improvement.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great comments and for continuing to return to the Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch. We are so proud of our hotels and our pets out back! I really appreciate the feedback regarding the restaurant. We made a staffing change recently and I believe the problem has been solved.

Gilbert, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at Hilton's, but on this trip the training camp I was attending made my reservations. I personally would of never chosen a Holiday Inn. But let me tell you this hotel was as nice as any Hilton I have ever stayed at. The front desk was helpful and friendly. The lobby is nice and comfortable. It's a busy place in the morning, lots of areas to have meetings.
My rooms was so clean, nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable. My room was by the elevator and it was still really quiet.
I was not impressed with the Allamo restraunt in the hotel, for dinner, but there breakfast and lunch was pretty good.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Roses8,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our Lakewood Ranch Holiday Inn. I hope you will return and give us another opportunity to WOW you in the Alamo Steakhouse.
If you get a chance, can you email me the details of your dinner? We are anxious to resolve these issues as we are a local favorite restaurant as well as a hotel amenity.

Thanks again

Rob Ferguson Robert.ferguson@hilr.com

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!