“Nice Hotel but it has issues” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Hotel but it has issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and looks clean - The rooms are smaller than a nearby holiday inn - The pillows are like the sie of my head - the bathroom tub has mold - I am in room 510 corner unit if management replies - I also have 2 double beds for 2 adults -

Bottom line - not feeling the love and this is my 200th hotel in 1 year

Room Tip: There is another holiday Inn close by near the airport - choose that one
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I am so sorry you had issues with the room and that we could not move you to a similar room type. The Holiday Inn standards for pillow has changed and the new, much larger pillows are ordered and should be in soon.
Please try us out again if you are coming to Sarasota soon

Rob Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my overnight stay here. Nor do I have anything extraordinarily fantastic to report. The place was clean, wi-fi was free, and the front desk gave me a free toothbrush when I told them I had left mine at home. I guess this is the minimum I expect to receive when staying at a place like this for the price I paid. I didn't consider it to be a bargain, but then it may be hard to compare as there are few, if any, other similar places to stay in Lakewood Ranch proper.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I am so sorry we did not WOW you during your stay. As a Torchbearer hotel, we always try offer a great guest experience. Please let me know when you are coming in the next time so we can make it up to you

Burgaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for a week. The on site breakfast was well prepared each day, with loads of fresh fruit and oatmeal, as well as the usual breads, pastries, eggs and bacon. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When my GPS wouldn't locate the Total Wines store, the desk clerk printed a Mapquest for me, without being asked. The grounds were well kept and clean. The location is very close to some nice restaurants and shopping.
My only complaint was the lack of soundproofing in the room. Fortunately, our neighbors were not loud people, but when they came into their room, we could hear their conversation and they were speaking in normal tone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate your feedback and the review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your business

Manlius, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Usually stay at Choice Hotels, but the group I was with chose this Holiday Inn. It exceeded my expectations. Very attractive lobby, meeting rooms & guest rooms. Liked having shelves in guest room. Wi-Fi was user friendly & fast. Liked having refrigerator & microwave in guest room. Would definitely recommend to others. Our group got a special rate, but otherwise it is more expensive than I usually book. Convenient to I-75, but not so close you have traffic noise. Very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Many, many thanks for this review. We love it too!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Clean, New, Nice, Friendly. So very nice. GREAT LOCATION. I don't have a single thing to complain about! Clean, New, Nice, Friendly. So very nice. GREAT LOCATION. I don't have a single thing to complain about! Clean, New, Nice, Friendly. So very nice. GREAT LOCATION. I don't have a single thing to complain about! Clean, New, Nice, Friendly. So very nice. GREAT LOCATION. I don't have a single thing to complain about!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
WOW,
I love this! Thanks so much!

Rob
Lexington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Was hesitant when our usual Marriott brand hotels were all full in the area. Thankfully Fairfield Inn and Suites Sarasota-Lakewood Ranch kindly referred us to this hotel which was nearby and close to I-75. The stunningly beautiful lobby with fountain was a complete surprise. We did not realize that not only are the Holiday Inn Expresses updated and well done, but this "standard" Holiday Inn was equal too or better than the Fairfield Inn and Suites and other Marriott brands we have enjoyed on our travels.It had a very competitive Sr. Rate, and was less expensive than those closer to downtown Sarasota. The room was beautiful, spotless, and the free breakfast was yummy. I have now signed up for the Holiday Inn rewards program, and will be watching for more of these beautifully updated Holiday Inns. The 800-Hol-iday phone assistance was so helpful in making the last minute reservation--I couldn't have been more pleased with this choice to stay at Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your positive feedback! We really value your business and appreciate you taking the time to write this

sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Standouts are the cleanliness and decor in the rooms, including shelving as well as a bureau, tables, seating, make up mirror and walk in tiled shower. Wi-Fi was very fast and plenty of outlets. Room included microwave and refrigerator. Front desk staff was courteous but not overly welcoming. No concierge. Outdoor minimalist pool. Coffee was available in the lobby in the morning, but not tea and the coffee was not out until 6:30 am when the restaurant opened. People sitting impatiently in lobby waiting for coffee. Breakfast is not included. Lucky pelican restaurant around the corner is excellent seafood restaurant and many restaurants and shopping in immediate area. Close to the interstate. Bar is walled from lobby so not as inviting as in some Holiday Inns. A negative was that the parking was full because of a meeting and hotel guests had to park in the shopping mall nearby. Would suggest the hotel reserve space for guests and have short-term meeting participants park in shopping mall. Overall a clean, pleasant hotel in a convenient location but not as welcoming or accommodating as some.

Stayed February 2013
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello,
Thanks so much for your review. I am truly sorry we did not exceed your expectations and hope you will give us the chance to try again in the near future. February and March are our busiest months and it seems like you were checked in by someone who may have been overwhelmed that day.

We have a multi award winning hotel in as great area so I hope we can win you back one day.

Rob Ferguson

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!