“Masonic Picnic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
sarasota
“Masonic Picnic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

we had goodfellas cater our picnic at twinlakes park in Sarasota and I would like to tell you that they fed 150 people and served smoked ribs, smoked wings, and oven fired pizzas,and fresh salads. The food was truly outstanding and the service was amazing. If anyone wants a catered event Goodfellas is very hard to beat.All the people at the picnic could not have been more pleased or satisfied. Thankyou goodfellas for your outstanding quality and service.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Our favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've been going to Goodfellas at least once a week since they opened. We feel like family there and the pizza is hands down best in Sarasota. Wood fired thin crust pizza with their freshly made pepperoni, sausage, or meatballs and a bottle of their own wine. If you like barbeque, the St. Louis ribs are to die for.
We usually have a batch of our own wine brewing in the back room. Dave is there guiding us through the fun process of crafting a fine wine for 25% less than you'd pay in a store.
We had their pizza wagon at our house recently for a party with Frank cranking out personal pizzas and ribs all evening and our friends thought it was the coolest party they'd ever been to.
I highly recommend Goodfellas. Of course I'm a little biased because I love those guys.

Sarasota FL
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to Goodfellas mostly because of the recommendations here at Trip Advisor but were very disappointed in our experience. The cafe has the appearance of a cozy school cafeteria but the aroma was most enticing. Folks around us had mostly ordered pizza and it looked quite good.
The server was adequate but fell short of being pleasant.
I ordered the small Boston pizza and my companion ordered her favorite, eggplant rolatini. The pizza was indeed small but the crust was limp and the predominant topping was canned mushrooms. It was ok but nowhere near what I had expected.
The eggplant was a colossal failure. Two rolled slices of eggplant and a scant dollop of cheese. The accompanying pasta was soggy and tasteless with a sauce that had a funny taste and was way too strong.
The chef asked us how our meal was and when we commented on the scarcity of cheese he said that customers complained that there was too much cheese so he cut back. We could have more if we wished but we declined.
We're not going back

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Winer_Dave, General Manager at Goodfellas Cafe & Winery, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
After reading your review I would first off like to apologize for your less than wonderful experience here at GOODFELLAS. We pride ourselves on our homemade food and friendly staff. As you can see from our other reviews we are rated extremely high within our community.
I am aware that our chef took the time to personally come to your table and offer to make everything right that you felt was wrong. As you said, you declined that offer. After you left the restaurant we did observe that your plates were clean and you finished both of your dinners. My assumption is that they really were not that bad and we hope you will someday return to GOODFELLAS for a better experience. Thank you for your comments.
Sarasota, Florida
“Chris W.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Best pizza in Sarasota........I would recommend to all. Employee's made us feel like family. Brings me back to the way business was conducted years ago. They truly value their customers, if you're in town, make sure you have Goodfella's on your list of places to go!

Sarasota, Florida
“Best in Sarasota!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband & I go to Goodfellas once a week and it NEVER disappoints! The pizza is so good and is why we keep coming back....plus the homemade wine is awesome!

We would highly recommend Goodfellas.