“The go to place for Sushi!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #216 of 820 restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Thai
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The go to place for Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Thai food aside which is excellent, this is our go to place for Sushi. If you are big fan of Sushi you will know it varies greatly in quality from place to place, this is amongst the best I have eaten in Florida. I recommend the Tampa roll (Grouper tempura) out of this world!
The lunch special is an absolute steal for $10, beautiful clear Thai soup with the best egg/spring roll i've eaten in ages, not from a frozen packet I might add! Also included is a Sushi roll of your choice, lovely big portion.
To finish try the sticky rice with mango it is incredibly delicious! Give this place a try and you will be hooked for sure

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Wyoming, Pennsylvania
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great food and great service. Easy in and out with plenty of parking. Will definitely go back when visiting the area next time.

Visited July 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Thai food was wonderful. The generic Asian dishes were just ok. We didn't try the sushi. Thai food is my favorite, and I would go back for it!

Visited April 2013
Powell, Ohio
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This was quite a pleasant surprise! We drove past this restaurant many, many times but never went in. From the outside, it looks like a carry-out. It is a small restaurant, but has several tables. It was pleasantly decorated for the holidays and the service was very friendly and efficient! I am not a sushi fan, but the other members of my family raved about it. The Pad Thai was delicious, the curries tasty and the spring rolls were yummy! I actually liked it much, much better than Bangkok where I have eaten for years. This restaurant is very clean and all the staff smiling and friendly! I would highly recommend this nice little restaurant!!!

Sarasota
“Where have you been eating Thai ?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I went to Thai Wasabi yesterday for lunch. Where have these other reviewers been eating their Thai food ? This place is below average, we had fresh spring rolls, pad thai and cashew chicken thai style. I might just as well have just gotten Chinese take out from the average Chinese restaurant in town or any town. The food is just average, my wife makes a better Pad Thai from a supermarket mix. Fresh spring rolls a joke, filling was poor, peanut sauce very bad. Soup was average, fried spring roll out of a frozen box. My cashew chicken dish was again below average, no kick, no spice, no flavor. The place itself is spookey, dark, maybe six tables in front, then you walk down a dark aisle to the restrooms and there are three or four more booths. Owner spent more time on the phone than waiting on customers. A few other brave souls, none looked very happy. Waitress was very pleasant but that's about all, another positive, we did not get sick, always a plus.

• Visited December 2012