“Poor customer service, poor business practices” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided Kayaking Tours, Discover Sarasota's natural beauty, along with its unique wildlife and habitat. Both residents and visitors appreciate exploring the beautiful exotic mangrove tunnels and Little Sarasota Bay. This tour is a favorite for all ages.Sarasota's best kept secret.We are a licensed and insured kayaking company to offer guided tours of Sarasotas Mangrove Tunnels on Lido Key. Locally owned and all our guides have extensive experience in safety and are trained in CPR and life saving skills. Don't want a guided tour ,no problem we rent all kayaks and paddle boards by the half day.Thanks for looking Bob Nikla 52 year native of Sarasota
Lutz, Florida
“Poor customer service, poor business practices”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I bought a deal for ikayak sarasota and made a reservation for 4/21. The day before, I checked the weather, and it was supposed to be storming. I called them and asked if the tour will still be on. He told me that he would call me back three hours before the scheduled tour the day of .

That day, there was no call. We called them and they never answered. I sent them a couple of emails and called and left messages. Still nothing.

I left a review on yelp. Now the owner is claiming that my review is spam. They did not address my complaints and now claim my review is spam. I Kayak not only has poor customer service, but poor business practices.

Visited April 2012

Seminole, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“Great morning on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We went on the 10am tour on Sunday, May 6th. We have done kayak tours before but never with a guide. What a blast this was. Our tour guide Jack was so knowledgeable about the area. We saw all different birds and got to see Dolphins jumping out of the water. The tour through the mangrove tunnels is like nothing we have ever done via kayak.

Scheduling this was easy and it was right down the street from St. Armand's Circle.

If you do a guided tour, remember to bring a tip for the guides since they work for tips (& if they are as good as Jack, they deserve them).

Visited May 2012
Louisiana
“Great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We did a tour the last day of our Sarasota trip. It was a little unorganized at the beginning with people switching around their reservations but the tour guide, Cory, is very knowledgeable and fun! He taught us about the tunnels, manatees, birds and different varieties of fish jumping out of the water. Be prepared to get a little arm workout in and don't forget your camera. The age range on our tour was from 8-65+.

We didn't get to see any manatees or dolphins but it was still well worth the tour. Don't forget to tip your tour guide! If you are a beginner, don't worry. They will give you some basic instructions and the guide brings a rope just in case someone needs a tow. =)

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Great activity in the Sarasota area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I have been on many kayak tours and this one rates up on the top! The whole process from arrival to getting in the water was smooth without a lot of waiting around. Our guide, Todd, was fun, patient and educational. We learned a lot about the area, history, wildlife and ecology while paddling. The mangrove tunnels were especially interesting to paddle through. It was a great way to spend our morning!

Columbus, Ohio
“Todd was a fantastic guide!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My daughter, Nicole & I had scheduled a kayak tour with another kayak company for Saturday, March 3rd. The weather was windy and our tour, unknown to us, was cancelled. We arrived four our tour and spoke with another tour guide who informed us that our trip had been cancelled, but offered to let us rent his kayaks for a couple of hours. We began our voyage, and met Todd on a kayak, on his day off. He offered to "tag along". Well, needless to say, he was great!!! He took us on a tour we really enjoyed! We will definitely use I Kayak Sarasota next time!! Thanks Todd for making our trip really fun!!
Jill Hess