“Even with the coupon it wasn't worth it” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Description: Lucia's Pizza Italian Grill offers top of the line authentic Italian cuisine. From traditional pasta dishes and sizzling steaks/seafood to gourmet New York/New Jersey style pizza, there's no way you'll leave hungry. With a focus on extraordinary service, this family owned restaurant in Sarasota, Florida boasts a fourth generation pizza sauce recipe that is sure to satisfy your cravings.
Pacifica, California
“Even with the coupon it wasn't worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

As we were walking to Lucia's we passed two restaurants that were packed but when we walked up to Lucia's there was hardly anyone there. We should have listened to this red flag but my sister had a coupon so we sat down. I ordered the eggplant parmesan which was pretty tasteless, over fried, and smothered with cheese. My sister ordered the penne with sautéed eggplant which was equally tasteless and which didn't have very much sauce at all. The only good things I can say about Lucia's is that the wait was short, the glasses of house wine were ample (but just so-so), and the waitress was super nice. I would not recommend this place. It's more a sports bar than anything and they need coupons to lure customers to eat there.

Visited March 2014

Westfield, New Jersey
“Good food and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

No problem finding what we wanted on this menu....all was good..service was good....Can't say a hot spot but absolutely fine and they are eager to take care of their customers. Employees are into what they do....

Visited February 2014
“Great food in a bar-type atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Lots of times the food in a bar restaurant is just that - bar food. Not Lucia's. Our Italian dinners were equal to those found in top notch restaurants. Great food and service in a relaxed setting was perfect.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Restaurant.com users beware”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

While in the Bradenton area visiting family we went on restaurant.com to find a local restaurant. We came across Lucia's pizza and the reviews were good so we decided to buy a gift certificate. We knew we were gonna get pizza to go so I checked everything on the website to make sure there were no restrictions for take out. Well there wasn't so we placed our order for 2 pizzas and 2 orders of wings. After a 30 minute drive there we walked in and were quickly greeted by a waitress that we told we were picking up a Togo order. There was only a table with a women at it. We followed the waitress to the register and I handed her the restaurant.com coupon when from behind a young man quickly said we don't take those on take out. I said I checked everywhere and it is not stated on the website or the printable coupon. He replied well that's what the owner told me. I took my phone out and went onto restaurant.com website to see if I could find where this was stated, I told the man it was no where to be found and he said let me see and took my phone and looked for himself and he himself could find nothing anywhere that said it could not be used. He just kept saying the owner told me we can't take it on take out. Never offering to take he coupon and do the right thing!! At this point I really wanted to tell him to keep the food but I am a better person and walked out. Being a manager of a business myself I would have made right and given the customer the 25.00 gift certificate towards the order and spoke to the owner later explaining how I looked on the site and it was not there!! While the food was great I certainly won't return and neither will my family after this experience. As they say you tell more people about a bad experience than a good one!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Food was great! Nice atmosphere, lots of TV's. Great place to catch a game. Service was OK, just a little slow. We will go again!

• Visited December 2013