“For us, very special connection to Ischia!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 849 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: A warm welcome to Dolce Italia, celebrating our fourth anniversary. Four years ago we opened with the dream of creating a little gathering place to enjoy good food and good company. You have helped us realize our dream, and we wish to thank you by providing our very best hospitality, ambiance and flavor. We came here from Ischia, Italy to share our passion for creating wholesome Italian Cuisine from our own family traditions. In return, you made us feel like a part of a big happy family here, so we don't miss our Ischia so much. My father created the sculpture of the enchanted Castle Aragonese on our wall to remind us of the beautiful place we were born and raised. Over the last four years, our dreams have come true. We remember each of our customers with fondness, we enjoy every evening that you spend with us, and we feel very lucky to have such a wonderful family of patrons. "La Nostra Casa e la Vostra Casa" (Our Home is your Home) Tiziana & Filippo & Dolce Italia Family
Sarasota, Florida
“For us, very special connection to Ischia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Superb dinner, difficult to choose from among the specials. Preparation and presentation lovely. We'll go back and it is apparent that #3 is a deserved place among 759 restaurants in Sarasota.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Geneva, Florida
“An excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friend and I visited Dolce Italia based on TripAdviser reviews, and we were not disappointed. At one point we had both servers and the owners attending to us, and everyone was welcoming, friendly, and professional. We both had meals off that evening's specials selection, and we enjoyed the dishes greatly. The tiramisu was truly wonderful as well. When we left both the husband and wife owners personally thanked us for coming in and shook our hands. Lovely people. It was a great dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, MA
“If you are wondering, I have NEVER checked the box saying "this was one of the best meals I've ever had"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

GF and I were in the area and we used TripAdvisor to check for places to eat. This place was #3 on the list, was #1 at one time, but CLEARLY should be #1 all the time! We met Filippo, the owner, and he had to be one of the nicest people we've met! AND, he served a great Cabernet!! His wife, Jigiana (I hope I have the spelling right) was the chef. Eggplant rolitini was outstanding. I had the special of the evening, a spicy seafood in marainara over pasta. To die for! Very quaint, very authentic Italian food. I'm from Boston and I know they would be one of the envied places if they were in the North End. It's a very small place, I recommend you go early to get a table.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bonita Springs, Florida
“THANK YOU TRIPADVISOR!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was searching on TripAdvisor for over an hour for a place to celebrate our anniversary and kept coming back to this place. Nearly 250 of 300 had rated it 5 stars and boy were the right (I'M GLAD I DIDN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE 5 OR 6 SOUR PUSSES WHICH SAID THEY DIDN'T CARE FOR THIS PLACE). I called at 8:15pm to see what time they closed and they said they closed in 45 minutes but urged us to come in and not worry about it AND BOY AM I GLAD WE DID!!! Alex was our server ( he had answered the phone when I called) and he did a wonderful job in taking care of us!!! He recommended a very nice bottle of wine after my wife told him what she liked and then we were going to order the Antipasti but he recommended the Bresaola instead and I'm so glad we listened. Then our main entrees came and there was NOT ONE THING wrong with any of them. They were all to die for!!! My son had the gnocchi even though he NEVER has anything but spaghetti and he LOVED IT!!! My wife had the Pappardelli ( with sausage, mushrooms and zucchini) and I had the Tagliata Porcini (med-rare steak) with shaved parmesan and it was AMAZING!!! COMPLIMENTS TO THE CHEF ( who by the way came over a couple times to check how everything was).
For dessert we had a Cannoli, Almond Tiramisu and Vanilla Gelato with Nuttella on top. Great dining experience HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO EVERYONE!!! Make sure you wear light clothes though because it is a little warm inside the restaurant.
WE CANNOT WAIT TO VISIT SARASOTA AGAIN JUST TO GO BACK TO DOLCE ITALIA!!!

Sarasota, Florida
“Sarasota's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I never really liked italian food, but after eating here I am forever changed. I had the stuff pasta that was on special and my girlfriend had the rissoto. They both were outta this world. The atmosphere was so cozy and intimate I didnt think places this romantic were real, not to mention the friendly staff. The owner and his wife (also the head chef) made us feel so at home and were so friendly, it was almost like visiting family. I will be returning as much as i can. Just make sure you call ahead

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere