“An excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 849 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Come and try our authentic italian cuisine! Tiziana and Pippo are happy to make your experience unique!
Geneva, Florida
“An excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friend and I visited Dolce Italia based on TripAdviser reviews, and we were not disappointed. At one point we had both servers and the owners attending to us, and everyone was welcoming, friendly, and professional. We both had meals off that evening's specials selection, and we enjoyed the dishes greatly. The tiramisu was truly wonderful as well. When we left both the husband and wife owners personally thanked us for coming in and shook our hands. Lovely people. It was a great dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, MA
“If you are wondering, I have NEVER checked the box saying "this was one of the best meals I've ever had"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

GF and I were in the area and we used TripAdvisor to check for places to eat. This place was #3 on the list, was #1 at one time, but CLEARLY should be #1 all the time! We met Filippo, the owner, and he had to be one of the nicest people we've met! AND, he served a great Cabernet!! His wife, Jigiana (I hope I have the spelling right) was the chef. Eggplant rolitini was outstanding. I had the special of the evening, a spicy seafood in marainara over pasta. To die for! Very quaint, very authentic Italian food. I'm from Boston and I know they would be one of the envied places if they were in the North End. It's a very small place, I recommend you go early to get a table.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bonita Springs, Florida
“THANK YOU TRIPADVISOR!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was searching on TripAdvisor for over an hour for a place to celebrate our anniversary and kept coming back to this place. Nearly 250 of 300 had rated it 5 stars and boy were the right (I'M GLAD I DIDN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE 5 OR 6 SOUR PUSSES WHICH SAID THEY DIDN'T CARE FOR THIS PLACE). I called at 8:15pm to see what time they closed and they said they closed in 45 minutes but urged us to come in and not worry about it AND BOY AM I GLAD WE DID!!! Alex was our server ( he had answered the phone when I called) and he did a wonderful job in taking care of us!!! He recommended a very nice bottle of wine after my wife told him what she liked and then we were going to order the Antipasti but he recommended the Bresaola instead and I'm so glad we listened. Then our main entrees came and there was NOT ONE THING wrong with any of them. They were all to die for!!! My son had the gnocchi even though he NEVER has anything but spaghetti and he LOVED IT!!! My wife had the Pappardelli ( with sausage, mushrooms and zucchini) and I had the Tagliata Porcini (med-rare steak) with shaved parmesan and it was AMAZING!!! COMPLIMENTS TO THE CHEF ( who by the way came over a couple times to check how everything was).
For dessert we had a Cannoli, Almond Tiramisu and Vanilla Gelato with Nuttella on top. Great dining experience HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO EVERYONE!!! Make sure you wear light clothes though because it is a little warm inside the restaurant.
WE CANNOT WAIT TO VISIT SARASOTA AGAIN JUST TO GO BACK TO DOLCE ITALIA!!!

Sarasota, Florida
“Sarasota's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I never really liked italian food, but after eating here I am forever changed. I had the stuff pasta that was on special and my girlfriend had the rissoto. They both were outta this world. The atmosphere was so cozy and intimate I didnt think places this romantic were real, not to mention the friendly staff. The owner and his wife (also the head chef) made us feel so at home and were so friendly, it was almost like visiting family. I will be returning as much as i can. Just make sure you call ahead

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
“Overrated restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant with high expectations given all previous reviews. We were somewhat disappointed. We ordered one item from the regular menu (veal picatta) and one of the daily specials (red snapper piazzola). The picatta sauce was good but the veal was somewhat tough. The small side of pasta was mediocre as best. The fish was offered with either salad or pasta. I chose salad, which was a very small ordinary salad. The fish entree came in a plate with nothing but the fish with some tomato sauce covering it. No vegetables or any other sides. For the price charged ($25), I did not expected just a bare piece of fish, even just for presentation. I was very disappointed. Overall, we found the restaurant a.much overrated establishment

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere