“Best Veal in Sarasota” 5 of 5 stars

941-706-2821
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Mamma Mia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 849 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Best Veal in Sarasota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This Brooklyn boy has been searching,until now. Finally a veal dinner where the veal was delicious,not pounded to cardboard.Repeat that-delicious;tender,flavorful,and the proper portion. The pork tenderloin Saltibucca(spelling may be wrong) was equally delicious. The restaurant recently re-opened after expanding by taking over the adjacent store. The chef works the room and does a good job,he’s informative,caring, and proud of his restaurant.The recommended wine from Puglia is excellent at a reasonable price.The kitchen is out in the open and the camera’s allow you to watch each of the dishes as they are prepared.I will warn you it was a little warm sitting opposite the kitchen(table for 2) and I would opt for the other room. The wait staff is attentive but inexperienced and with some training will get better.
I substituted the salad for an additional $5.99 and ordered the pasta.It was tasty but an extremely small portion for the extra money(afterall it’s pasta not truffles).I have already been asked and recommended this restaurant to three of my friends. I will go back to try the brazino which was not available at my last visit. I would recommend if you like Italian food you’ll love this place.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham
“Best Italian food in Sarasota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The place is in a strip center, so hard to find. It's kind of a "locals" place. But the food! Incredible. The owner, Giuseppe, treats his customers like friends. It's like eating in his kitchen at his home. Best value and best food in town. I go to Sarasota often and never miss going here.

Visited February 2014
“Chef Owned Fabulous Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had dinner there this past week and the food is always a winner.
He just expanded the place and it looks great
I had a veal dish with a wonderful side salad.
We also had a lemonchello pound cake desert that was exceptional
This place is number one in my books

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York
“Bring an appetite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were promptly seated and greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne or Asti Spumante. My father and boyfriend tried the calamari appetizer. We received our bread, which was definitely fresh. They were informed that the calamari was sautéed in tomato sauce, not fried- no problem. They loved it. Our entrees came with salads, which were fresh and very good. Our entrees consisted of lasagna, chicken in a lemon sauce and pork saltimbocca. Everything was wonderful and hot. Two of us were not able to finish our meals and they were promptly packed up. It was also fast - 3 courses and we were only there an hour. The only negative is that the website advertised a cooking show with a monitor. The monitor is small and all we saw was the cook plating the food. This place is definitely worth it! Give it a shot!

• Visited May 2014
Bel Air, Maryland
“Special Touches make a World of Difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were staying in Siesta Key last week and after reading the good reviews on T.A. we decided to give Oh Momma Mia a try. Being well-traveled in Italy and loving Italian food, we were a little skeptical.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a lovely woman who happened to be the owner/head chef's wife who sat us at a nice table. Immediately we had complimentary sparkling white wine brought to the table. We ordered the spicy calamari as an appetizer and I had the lasagne bolognese and my wife had the veal with mushrooms. We started with the homemade minestrone and their delicious Italian bread. Everything was right on. The owner made sure we were enjoying our dinner by coming over several times to make sure everything was good. The servers could not have been nicer.

While we were eating dinner, a family had come to the door of the restaurant thinking it served pizza. The hostess explained that they did not serve pizza and the owner, overhearing the conversation, personally approached the family as they were leaving in order to recommend a place down the road which did. I thought that was extremely nice of him. Little things such as that leave customers and potential customers with even better tastes in their mouths.

The menu is not your typical pizzeria, but not crazy eclectic either. Just really good creative Italian food, served with Italian passion and style.

• Visited May 2014