“Stylish, very good food, location, service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Salute is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 890 Restaurants in Sarasota
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Canton OH
“Stylish, very good food, location, service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a very good dinner here last week. For Friday evening, we had a reservation which was needed, as the restaurant was quite full. With a threat of rain we sat inside rather than under the canopy, and that is also more elegant. We started by sharing bruschetta San Daniel, very nice with prosciutto and mozzarella. Then my wife had salmon while I had veal marsala, and we were both quite happy with those choices. We went with wine by the glass, of which there were at least a dozen choices, red or white. Their bottle wine list is very good, and fairly priced -- this was evidenced by the large number of bottles coming out to the dining room! Topped off the evening with a shared tiramisu, again very nice. Good service throughout the evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“World Class Lasagna ... Italiano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff were professional and personable ... and they made me feel like family. The chef has a passion for 'flavor' that created a brilliant Lasagna. Oh so creamy, flavorful, and delicious. The Supertuscan, Tenuta Casali di Bibbiano, Argante wine pair was excellent ... and a family winery which gave this dining experience more value. I think I have to visit this Tuscan winery and meet more of the beautiful family members. God has a plan ... and His blessings are on this kitchen. So O 'K' ... I'll be back with a wonderful girl on 'date night' and am confident the experience will be astonishing. Thank you Salute' ... God bless you all.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Great Place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We decided to dine at Salute before a show at Van Wezel. Free parking directly across from the restaurant as this is downtown Sarasota where parking can be difficult.
We arrived before 6pm and if was recommended to us to enjoy the prefixed menu. Glad we did! It is a three course menu. I enjoyed the Cesar salad, pappardelle and mushrooms, and cannoli for desert. My friend had the Lasagna for which I had a taste and it was delicious . Our waiter Paul was very pleasant and the place was packed but he took his time with us and made very good recommendations.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Bend, Indiana
“Great food. Service a bit pretentious.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Was visiting friends and wanted to sit outside. Being from Indiana in the middle of an extreme winter, it was a great outdoor dining option. The food was quite amazing. Stuffed fried olives? Don't debate, just order them! Calamari was also exceptional.

When we didn't need the wine list the waiter got snippy. I did order a drink but I was the only one. Not sure why his demeanor was dependent on our wine consumption. We ignored his indifference and enjoyed ourselves anyway. The pasta dishes were exceptional.

Would have rated a 5 if the service had been better. Would go back if I'm ever Sarasota again. I would hope for better service.

Visited February 2014
“Absolutely fabulous cuisine, service not so much....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We love this restaurant! The ambiance, the decor and the food is outstanding. The service however was such a disappointment. We sat at the bar this evening and there were two bartenders which on a busy Friday evening maybe they either needed one more or better trained staff to handle the the evening crowd. One bartender totally ignored us, leaving the responsibility to his co-worker. They did not seem to work well together. Our drinks, appetizers and meals were truly amazing. I had to give 5 stars regardless of the service this time. The chef was doing their part, the staff needed to give them their 100% out on the floor. We always leave an a substantial gratuity, but this evening we did not for obvious reasons. We will try to come back one more time. Hopefully the service can compliment the fabulous menu.

Visited January 2014