“Old Florida With Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Osprey, FL
“Old Florida With Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

If you love great food with classic old Florida charm then you must go to Owen's Fish Camp. Charming atmosphere, great food, fast kitchen with excellent customer service.

Visited September 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“4 adults =$200”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I about choked when our bill was presented to the table for 4 adults. $170 (not including tip)
I was charged $2.00 for each cola refill. I think I had four. I was also charged $27.00 for a dozen oysters which were the smallest oysters I have ever seen. I didn't mind the $22 for my entree (seared scallops with braised pork and succotash which was delicious). The menu is priced accordingly for the meals, however where they rob you blind is the add-on items. Make sure you ask the cost of anything NOT on the menu before you order (unless you have an unlimited dinner budget)

I'm surprised we weren't charged for each individual ice cube and napkin used.

Its a typical Floridian themed seafood joint in the middle of an arts district. Parking is horrendous unless you get there early.

I have eaten at about every quaint little place in Sarasota, and somehow had missed Owens. I wish I would have remained uninformed. I'll not go back. Its simply not a good value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bradenton, Florida
“Two for One”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Excellent appetizers, cool friendly servers, fun atmosphere and next to the Burns Court Cinema. Fit in a nice dinner before or after the films. We love the casual atmosphere and the screen doors. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri
“Adventure in dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Drove over from St. Pete to eat dinner - my wife saw some good reviews posted so had to check this place out. Ordered the snapper - tasted great - though pricey ($29). The cole slaw was good, as were the fish tacos my wife ordered - didn't care much for the red beans & sausage. Server was friendly, though she didn't keep our water glasses filled promptly at first after our meal was served, which was disappointing because the food was a bit on the spicy side. She made up for it though by keeping them full after that which really helped. Loved the surroundings & atmosphere, worth the drive if you have the time!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota FL
“It just never disappoints ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Gumbo sea food jambalaya my choice "exquisite", corn crusted catfish my partners choice, both very down to earth recipe's of just plain good food. The service goes right along with the fun atmosphere which just engulfs you from the moment you step in to this place. You just cannot go wrong here and it want break the bank either. Casual dress always welcome too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere