“Really enjoyed just wish we had been hungrier” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tapas, Eclectic, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Cound
“Really enjoyed just wish we had been hungrier”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We asked the concierge at The Ritz for a late night place "light meal" as we were somewhat "fooded out". He suggested meLange which was walkking distance from the hotel, so again no driving no taxi. It was more a cafe style place than a formal restaurant but nevertheless very pleasant. It was not very busy so that always worries me but it was after Xmas and New Year,. Also it also turned out to be open until 2 AM, so perhaps that was why, as it is a late night place to eat. Anyway the greeting and service were very pleasant. the menus and wine list were good and as we were not that hungry we could choose from the Tapas style menu. Our favourites were the amazing Duck Spring rolls, the corn fritters and the bread pudding. This is a place that will be on our list next time in Sarasota and we will make sure we are "hungrier" as the menu choice was great. Also not expensive!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've eaten at meLange several times and the food has been consistently delicious and the staff warm and friendly. I manage an organic farm so I tend to be very picky about the freshness of my food and I've not yet had a dish that I felt was less than excellent quality. The braised wild boar is my hands down favorite dish. I'd eat it every day if I could.

If you have the time and stomach for it I highly recommend the chef's tour. We tried the tour with wine pairings for a large group of people and we all still talk about the meal. Each dish was interesting, carefully prepared and presented. One member of our group had a gluten allergy and Lan was very accommodating and offered a gluten free option with each course.

MeLange is easily the most interesting restaurant in Sarasota with the most delightful ownership and staff.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, FL
“Phenomenal !! Fabulous!! Don't miss this restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I will say that I've walked past this place hundreds of times, and always "wondered" what it was like?! Upon walking in and taking a peak at the menu, it appeared that everything looked great.. and we tried four "small plates" which was great for 2 people. Great variety of wines.. full bar (a plus!) ... and the rest is history!! We plan on making this a "regular" dining experience, and it now is on my top 10 Sarasota restaurants... Fresh, taste buds "tingled", and the best service on top of it?! WOW.. wish we tried it sooner?!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“Always good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been here several times and I'm always amazed at how the food turns out. Wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The atmosphere is great. I went in with a few coworkers and we shared everything. Duck crepes, beef short ribs, something tuna.... My mouth is still watering thing of it. Highly recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“Lan review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We loved this place. The food was delicious and the waiter was very professional and helpful. This restaurant serves small plates, tapas style. We were five and shared two of the following: braised beef short ribs (to die for!), mushroom strudel, tuna avocado tartar, duck crepes, pork belly which we all thought were delicious and then for dessert we had the flourless chocolate cake and bread pudding. Everything was wonderful and kept you wanting more. The only thing is that when we got there the place was empty which initially made us hesitant. However we got over it with the wonderful food and are glad we stayed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere