“Will Be Back Next Year” 5 of 5 stars
Review of House of the Sun Condo Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
House of the Sun Condo Resort
You added House of the Sun Condo Resort to your Saves list
6518 Midnight Pass Road, Sarasota, FL 34242   |
Denver, Colorado
“Will Be Back Next Year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We just returned from 10 glorious days at The House of the Sun, and Siesta Key, FL. I give the overall property a score of 5. The individual condos, however, need to be screened very carefully. The one we chose, was nothing like the pics, but the overall property itself was awesome. The maintenance staff and cleaning people were friendly and helpful. The location could not have been better. Security measures within the building were terrific...no worries about safety. It was our 12th year in Siesta Key, and our first time booking The House of the Sun. We will definitely be returning to this location next year. The sunsets were absolutely beautiful, and the view from our condo was better than what we experienced over the last years at another location. The building was quiet and peaceful.

We're now back in Colorado, and I am in total "FLORIDA" withdrawal. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Preview/compare the rooms in advance, and after doing so, call and ask questions. We thought we wer...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vail, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed the Labor Day week (Aug 3 to 7 Sept) we stayed in unit 206. We have stayed at the House of the Sun (HOS) four times in the past three years and this was our first time (and not the last) in unit 206. We had a great time and the HOS is rated number one for a reason. I will try not to sound like a commercial for this place but I can not tell you anything negative. In the past when we checked out we critiqued some minor things, like they used to have charcoal grills instead of gas, (now they have both), the parking lot on the side of building was gravel and you could hear cars driving on it, now it is covered with pavers, the website was slow when we made reservations, now the website is new. Everything that we had minor problems with have been fixed. When we left this time I honestly could not think of anything they could change to make it better (it was that good).
Additionally (again not to sound like a commercial) unit 206 was amazing. They remodeled it not to long ago and replaced not just the furnishings, but it appears that they replaced everything from the 2x4s out. Everything is new and top dollar. I think you would find it hard to find a condo anywhere with this quality interior. My wife says that I shouldn't mention this unit because it will be hard for us to get it again. I think that people will see the pictures (now that they upgraded the website) and be able to tell it is that good. I dont mean to ramble about this, its just that this unit was a lot better than any of the other I have stayed at.

Once again the House of the Sun was outstanding and we could not have had a better time.
Here is a hint that I didn't know. On Tuesday after Memorial day the beach virtually became empty. Siesta Key seemed to clear out. I asked about it and was told that it was the time after the summer group and before the snowbirds. Anyway, if you want a time to go to the beach and you can get away in September I highly recommend it.

The pictures I am posting are actual pictures of two of the great sunsets from house of the sun and what it looks like from a chair on the beach.

Room Tip: Use the website and see which ones look the best. The rooms on the east south side have morning sun...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our first trip to Siesta and we loved it! The House of sun was perfect! We stayed in 216.
Beautiful views, steps to the ocean! Everyone was very friendly. We will be going back someday!Our condo was very modern and updated. We had a huge deck with plenty of seating,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week at the House of the Sun from June 8 to 15.It was one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had.All of the employees are very helpful and friendly from the office staff to the groundskeepers and maintenance men.The location is primo and it did not hurt that we stayed in an oceanfront unit.I spent each night sitting on the balcony listening to the surf.The beach is wonderful and HOS provides beach chairs to take down by the water.But It did surprise me that some folks did not bring back the chairs they used.Hopefully most people will realize that to keep this privilege please return your chairs.I noticed some of the other condos did not allow you to take their chairs down that far.It is also very close to The Point of Rocks.I had brought my snorkeling equipment but sadly not able to use it because the surf was too rough the week we were there.The only complaint I had was the free wi fi was very poor quality.I will definitely be a return customer.I wish I was there right now!

Stayed June 2013
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is our 3rd trip to Siesta Key but the first time at the House of the Sun. Our condo was awesome. We were in room 215. The condo was perfect. Our gulf front view was awesome but the only drawback is we were right above the pool. When the pool was crowded it was little loud and I always felt like we were on display. (our condo did have sound proof doors, so that was helpful) So when we stay there again, I will stay a little higher up. The best part is the location of the condo. It is right across the street from Captain Curt's and the Sniki Tiki Bar. The condo and grounds were always clean and everyone was very friendly. I truly recommend the House of the Sun!! It was truly an awesome vacation and the weather was perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was the first time we got to visit Siesta Keys! The House of the Sun was a perfect place to stay, room 306. Great location, great price and being a privatized beach area was even better! The water was warm and clear... The sand is white, soft and doesn't get hot at all. Not alot of waves, pretty calm and just very relaxing! We even saw dolphins swimming by during the day, we thought that was pretty neat! The condo was very nice, 2 bedroom & 2 bathroom. Very clean, easy access to the elevator, covered parking. Right across the street is a good deli, it's Annie's Deli, great for a lunch time sandwich. Also across the stree is Capt Curts, pretty good seafood and drinks. If you go north you will head to the Village with alot of local restaurants. A few good places were, The Local Bean. Great coffe, chai's and teas, along with this organic called Raw Ballz. Sounds gross, but everything in it is health and its delicious! A good Italian place is Cafe Gabbiano, everything is authentic and homemade. That was some of the best Italian food I've eaten in a long time! Great time with the family and we can't wait to make another trip down there!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Markham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Siesta Key is a magical place. My father owned a condo at El Presidente (just up the road) and we have been coming here for about 20 years. We decided to check out other properties on Crescent Beach and House of the Sun (Haleakala) had been on my wife's radar for a few years. This year we booked in for a week and were so glad that we did. The location is convenient and handy to Crescent Market and Captain Curt's (our boys favourite). The property is well maintained and the parking garage is open and airy - easily accommodating an SUV with a Thule roof box. The property is also very secure with key pad entry to the common areas from both the road and the beach access points. There is a games room with ping pong and air hockey table. The air hockey table needs to be fixed up or replaced, but we didn't come for the air hockey. There are two new Weber gas barbecues and one charcoal grill. The pool is a popular place and it offers a special lift for those who cannot enter or exit on their own. The pool sits next to the tennis court and is surrounded by a lovely garden. Then of course there is the beach - what else can I say about Siesta Key's Crescent Beach? A white floury soft sand made up of 99% quartz - you have to see it to understand it; it is simply exquisite! Don't be surprised if you find yourself scooping a yogurt container of it to take home on your last day! The units are all individually owned, so decor and appointments will vary. But as most condos in Siesta Key, the owners are expected to meet certain standards if they are to be included in the renters pool. We stayed in unit 214 and although it needs some updating as anything does as years go by, it was just perfect for us. The kitchen was adequate to prepare fresh meals everyday and there is a washer dryer. Bottom line, we thoroughly enjoyed House of the Sun and would return without hesitation. 100% guaranteed vacation

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to House of the Sun Condo Resort? Share your experiences!