“Perfect Place on the #1 beach in the US!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siesta Sands on the Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Siesta Sands on the Beach
You added Siesta Sands on the Beach to your Saves list
118 Beach Road, Sarasota, FL 34242   |
nursewinders
“Perfect Place on the #1 beach in the US!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our first visit to Siesta Key Beach and we enjoyed every second! The beach here is unlike any other. Powdery sands that stay cool, the sand doesnt get hot!!!! We stayed in unit 51 and the only thing bad I can say, is there needs to be a ceiling fan in the bedroom! Other than that, we enjoyed every moment. We had beautiful weather the week we were there, only one rain day! Your right around the corner from the village, which is unique on its own. The other guests were so friendly and there is a delivery service that delivered umbrellas, chairs and a beach cart right to our door, and was very reasonable!!! The ladies at the front desk were not very friendly at all, but we were not there to see them, so we didnt let that ruin our fun!!!!
The umbrella on our table outside the room was broken, and the lady working told me to just "go find another one"...Didnt think that was very professional at all! We did indeed find another umbrella and kept right on going!

The beach here is amazing. We found over 40 sand dollars on the sand bar! It was so neat to find them!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

If your looking for a beautiful, quiet place on the beach, this is it! Our room was on the second floor offering a lovely view of the ocean from the sun room. The full kitchen was perfect for those days we wanted to stay in for lunch, and eat on our own little patio! Location was just what we were looking for, walking distance from the bars and shops, but we could come home to our little oasis. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Crompond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have been vacationing in Siesta Key for many years and at Siesta Sands for most of those years. This place is the best. Right on the beach. Clean. Beautiful sunsets. Everything a couple could ask for and an easy walk to the village with its shops, restaurants and night spots.

Room Tip: We prefer the downstairs units, because you can walk right out to you patio, but the view is better...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have gone to the Siesta Key beach nearly every other year for the lst 20 years. We have not stayed at a place that we did not like, but this one was near perfect for us.
All units are one bedroom and same basic floor plan but decorations vary as they have varied owners. Good points include: right on the beach - my opinion, don't go to the beach and be cheep and stay a few blocks away to save a little.
Clean, well maintained, and great view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I had accidentally posted my review on another hotel (whoops?) so I fear this one will not be nearly as detailed.
I normally hate beaches so I was certain this vacation was going to be a disaster before it even began! But alas I was wrong.
The location was absolutely perfect! Right infront of the beach, and the beach itself was beautiful. It's transparent waters were filled with life, as in, I had fishes swim between my legs!
And the center of the lovely place was less than a five minute walk, which truly was a god given gift considering it's near impossible to get parking.
The staff was nice and the room was superb. All in all, I would truly recommend it, and I want to come back in springbreak with a couple if friends next time ;)

• Stayed August 2012
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This was exactly the kind of place for which I was looking. It's one of the very few places on Siesta Key where you can walk out the door and be on the beach. Siesta Sands is located on the northern end of the island where the beaches are far less crowded. It was a two block walk to Siesta Village, where there is plenty to do and many nice restaurants. The accommodations were comfortable and clean. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you could need. If you're looking for luxurious and elegant-this isn't it. If you want a clean, accommodating, comfortable place to stay in a perfect location for a reasonable price-this is it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

This is just about as close to the water as you can get! Even tho my week was chilly, the location was so perfect it didn't matter (too much!) The white sand beach is always beautiful, esp. when viewed from your nice, warm apartment. Walking distance to quaint Siesta Village is just 2 blocks. Lots of little shops, cafes, coffee bars, wonderful! I have a bad back but there are benches everywhere, outside patios, so no problem. I flew into SRQ & took a taxi to my apt. for $30. You definitely do not need a rental car if you plan on mostly beaching it. You might want to go further tho & visit St. Armand's Circle. More very upscale shopping & excellent restaurants, expensive but worth it. The Siesta Sands on the Beach location was perfect for me, my place was old but clean, friendly people, a great way to spend a week!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Siesta Sands on the Beach? Share your experiences!