“Gorgeous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Siesta Sands on the Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sarasota
Siesta Sands on the Beach
You added Siesta Sands on the Beach to your Saves list
118 Beach Road, Sarasota, FL 34242   |
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

If your looking for a beautiful, quiet place on the beach, this is it! Our room was on the second floor offering a lovely view of the ocean from the sun room. The full kitchen was perfect for those days we wanted to stay in for lunch, and eat on our own little patio! Location was just what we were looking for, walking distance from the bars and shops, but we could come home to our little oasis. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Crompond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We have been vacationing in Siesta Key for many years and at Siesta Sands for most of those years. This place is the best. Right on the beach. Clean. Beautiful sunsets. Everything a couple could ask for and an easy walk to the village with its shops, restaurants and night spots.

Room Tip: We prefer the downstairs units, because you can walk right out to you patio, but the view is better...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have gone to the Siesta Key beach nearly every other year for the lst 20 years. We have not stayed at a place that we did not like, but this one was near perfect for us.
All units are one bedroom and same basic floor plan but decorations vary as they have varied owners. Good points include: right on the beach - my opinion, don't go to the beach and be cheep and stay a few blocks away to save a little.
Clean, well maintained, and great view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I had accidentally posted my review on another hotel (whoops?) so I fear this one will not be nearly as detailed.
I normally hate beaches so I was certain this vacation was going to be a disaster before it even began! But alas I was wrong.
The location was absolutely perfect! Right infront of the beach, and the beach itself was beautiful. It's transparent waters were filled with life, as in, I had fishes swim between my legs!
And the center of the lovely place was less than a five minute walk, which truly was a god given gift considering it's near impossible to get parking.
The staff was nice and the room was superb. All in all, I would truly recommend it, and I want to come back in springbreak with a couple if friends next time ;)

• Stayed August 2012
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

This was exactly the kind of place for which I was looking. It's one of the very few places on Siesta Key where you can walk out the door and be on the beach. Siesta Sands is located on the northern end of the island where the beaches are far less crowded. It was a two block walk to Siesta Village, where there is plenty to do and many nice restaurants. The accommodations were comfortable and clean. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you could need. If you're looking for luxurious and elegant-this isn't it. If you want a clean, accommodating, comfortable place to stay in a perfect location for a reasonable price-this is it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

This is just about as close to the water as you can get! Even tho my week was chilly, the location was so perfect it didn't matter (too much!) The white sand beach is always beautiful, esp. when viewed from your nice, warm apartment. Walking distance to quaint Siesta Village is just 2 blocks. Lots of little shops, cafes, coffee bars, wonderful! I have a bad back but there are benches everywhere, outside patios, so no problem. I flew into SRQ & took a taxi to my apt. for $30. You definitely do not need a rental car if you plan on mostly beaching it. You might want to go further tho & visit St. Armand's Circle. More very upscale shopping & excellent restaurants, expensive but worth it. The Siesta Sands on the Beach location was perfect for me, my place was old but clean, friendly people, a great way to spend a week!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Let me start by saying this place is not Siesta Sands Beach Resort on MIdnight Pass.
This property is located on the north end of the Key, less than a block north of Beach and Ocean and the Village. We stayed here last July but TA didn't have a listing until now so I couldn't post a proper review. We have stayed all over the Key but this one is quickly becoming a favorite. The place is old and each unit is indiv owned so they vary but the unit we had on the ground floor next to the office was recently updated, clean and very nice. The location can't be beat....each unit is ON the beach so we didn't have to haul our stuff down paths or cross the street. We parked right outside our front door on Beach Rd. and walked thru a fenced patio (we used it to store our beach stuff) into the front door. It's a "shotgun" set-up so you walk into the bedroom/bath area, thru to the living area and galley kitchen (frig, stove and stocked with necessities) to the dining area and a trundle bed alcove before you reach the back door. The back windowed wall is beachfront. We also had a deck with umbrella table/chairs to watch the sunset. It was literally a dozen steps from there and we were on the beach. The beach is a little more narrow but the sand is still soft and white and it wasn't as crowded. The best part is that we were so close to the Village that we didn't need our car all week! We've already booked for this summer!

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Siesta Sands on the Beach? Share your experiences!