“Segway Tour” 5 of 5 stars

+1 941-416-3530
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun and informative tours of downtown and the bayfront featuring the newest model i2 Segway- Suitable for riders any age between 100- 250 lbs
Madeira Beach, Florida
“Segway Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Spent a wonderful afternoon with Nancy and Doug, traversing Sarasota and heading out to Bird Key. Got some wonderful history from Doug and insights from Nancy and just made it back before the customary late afternoon thunderstorm.
Did this last year on Clearwater Beach and was just as enjoyable and a insightful. A must if you are in the area and want to try something different.

Visited July 2013

8 attraction reviews
“Well done tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This tour was a lot of fun. The Segways are easy to ride and Nancy, the tour guide, gives clear instructions. There are enough breaks along the way so that your legs and feet get a rest. I took the longer tour and was pleased with my choice. This company does not appear to have a lot of Segways so you really do get a personal tour, which is great. It was really cool to go over the bridge from downtown Sarasota to St. Armands Circle.

Sarasota, Florida
“Absolute BEST Way to See Sarasota!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I’ve taken Nancy’s tour twice now and have already booked my third time! When friends or family visit Sarasota for the first time I like to find a creative way to show them our beautiful community. Last year, when my friend from Michigan was in town, I discovered Nancy’s Pleasure Florida guided Segway tours and was thrilled by the creativity and energy that she puts into seeing Sarasota.

Nancy takes the time at the beginning of each tour to learn about her customers and to insure that they are safe while riding. Being an active snow skier in the winter I have a relative decent sense of balance, though was a little intimidated the first time I stepped on a Segway. Nancy could not have been more patient and diligent in assisting me, and the rest of our group, with clear instructions and demonstrations on how to safely glide. Once everyone was comfortable using the machines Nancy led a fun and extremely informative tour; I had no idea that Lucille Ball once had a house here or that St. Armands Circle was built for Mable Ringling.

I can not thank Nancy enough for showing my friends and family a unique way to learn more about Sarasota! Her tours are very affordable and worth every penny and her staff, who went above and beyond, sincerely appreciated the extra gratuity. If you want to impress out-of-town visitors, or just learn more yourself, Pleasure Florida’s Segway tours are absolutely the best way to go!

Visited December 2011
Sarasota, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Slow paced but still fun...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Pleasureflorida Group, LLC, Segway Tours in Sarasota

Having been on a previous segway tour in St. Pete, I was expecting this one to be just as fun and relaxed, however, it all comes down to the tour guide that you have. She seemed to be more reserved and catered to a beginner/older group.

There was another couple that was there and had been on a tour before as well so it was nice that the training part didn't take much time and we could get riding right away.

It was disappointing to have to wear the reflective vest since I didn't have to wear it with the other company, however, I understand "safety first". My biggest disappointment was that it was mentioned before the tour that we could not take pictures/video while riding. I understand that this is another safety precaution however that should be at the riders' risk.

It was truly a segway tour versus a segway adventure. Not to say that it wasn't a nice experience however, just something to note when going that it's probably more for senior citizens or first timers.

If you want a thrill and more freedom then drive an hour north to St. Pete and take this one... http://www.stpetesegwaytours.com/ - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34607-d1967089-Reviews-Segway_Experience_of_St_Pete_by_Magic_Carpet_Glide-St_Petersburg_Florida.html the reviews speak for themselves.

Luckily I only purchased the 1 Groupon for the date and I. The couple drove an hour from Englewood to attend and was a bit disappointed about the pace as well and asked if we had more fun on our previous adventure. We let them ride in the back on the last part of the tour so they could cruise/play a bit more.

One advantage that this one has versus the one in St. Pete is that parking is free since it's in the Van Wezel parking lot.

Visited September 2012
Brockton, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
“Best Way to See Sarasota---On a Segway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

On Friday, August 3, 2012, my husband and I took a Segway Tour. We met Nancy, our tour guide, in the parking lot of the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center at 10 am (parking was free). She was waiting and ready with our Segways.

Before embarking on our tour. Nancy wanted to make sure that we knew how to safely operate a Segway. Helmets were provided, but we had our own. In my opinion, a helmet is a necessity. Also, we were given yellow fluorescent vests. In Florida, people operating a Segway are considered pedestrians.

Nancy gave us explicit directions on operating the Segway. She guided us and demonstrated the basics: how to get on, how to power, how to start, move forward, turn and stop. Then, she laid out cones for us to practice. We both did well.

Off we went. Nancy showed us around Sarasota and the bay area. She pointed out historical buildings and their many architectural features and included the background of Sarasota’s development. Then we took off across the Ringling Bridge; going over that bridge has been a dream of mine! What a perfect way to go--on a Segway! We had beautiful views of the skyline, the waters of Sarasota Bay, and Bird Key.

After we crossed the Ringling Bridge, we went to St. Armand’s Circle which is one of our favorite places. We were able to skirt around the visitors and window-shop at the same time. This was such a fun time!

The summer is very hot in Florida, but being a teacher from Massachusetts this is my vacation time. It’s what summer is supposed to be like--hot! But being on a Segway provided cooling breezes as we toured.

My husband and I loved the Segway Tour. We opted for the three-hour tour so we could Segway across the Ringling Bridge. We were able to take breaks and buy drinks and/or food. On the Segway their is a handy storage compartment for water, cameras, snacks, sunscreen, car keys, etc.

Luckily for us, we were the only people on the tour that day, so Nancy was able to give us her full attention. She is the ultimate instructor, knows and loves the area, and cares about her customers. She took extra time to take photos of us at every scenic spot.

My husband and I are in our mid 60’s, and I will admit I was probably not a fast learner, but Nancy, was always there for us. (I mean me) At Guided Segway Tours, the safety, happiness, and comfort of their customers is their main concern!

This tour was another memory of a lifetime! Thanks Nancy and Guided Segway Tours.

Mike and Jane Cappiello