“Authentic Italian in Siesta Key” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gabbiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 852 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Canal
Description: Cafe Gabbiano is the best Italian fine dining experience on Siesta Key! We invite you to enjoy our carefully prepared authentic Italian cuisine and a world class selection of wine.
“Authentic Italian in Siesta Key”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We visit CG every time we are in Siesta Key. On this visit, my wife enjoyed a large portion of mussels as an appetizer. This could have been shared but I am not a seafood eater. The right combination of garlic and wine combined to have her sopping up the sauce with the warm bread on the table. I had a Caesar salad, good portion, not overly saturated with dressing as many places do. For main course, I had chicken parm, a nicely thinned breast with a side order of penne. The sauce was flavorful with small pieces of garlic to provide a kick. My wife had shrimp over spinach, she says the shrimp were perfectly cooked and the sauce was very good. Also important, Joe, our server was extremely attentive throughout the dinner. It's not cheap but well worth it.

Sarasota, Florida
“Fantastico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Cafe Gabbiano is and has been our absolute favorite Italian Restaurant in Sarasota. The menu is wonderfully crafted, the wine list superb, the ambience upscale, romantic and refreshingly authentic, the (wine) knowledge of the staff unparalleled and the service is always welcoming, warm and personal. What’s not to love? See you at Gabbiano’s!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“delicious food, beautiful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

we ate here while visiting siesta key this past weekend. the food was outstanding, the antipasto appetizer was the best i have ever had. great wine selection, and the servers were on the ball. i will definitely go back next time i am in sarasota.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nokomis, Florida
“Great atmosphere but normal food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I tried Cafe Gabbiano for the first time this past weekend. We made a reservation online that worked perfectly. They have reserved parking spots too -- very nice. Our plan was to get dinner then walk the beach (which is within walking distance).

We were taken to our table and you could tell right away that the waiter was a professional. Way better then what you'd expect at a regular chain restaurant. Very nice.

The food came out and was actually kind of bland and not exciting. I can't say is wasn't any good, but it just wasn't exciting. Hate to say it, but Carrabbas has a lot more taste to it. We had soup of the day, veal scaloppine and a tortellini dish. Just kind'of so so for the price.

If the dinner would have come out under $50, I would say it was worth it but we ended up in the $85 range and felt like C+.

It was just medium... but we did have a great walk on Siesta beach :)

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We enjoyed the atmosphere being out on the veranda. The service was good. I liked the seafood pasta I got but my husband's veal had tons of semicooked onions on it and he got sick later that night. This was supposed to be our one nice meal during our trip. I would probably go somewhere else next time I'm looking for a nice meal in Siesta Key

• Visited October 2011