“Great pasta and Gourmet Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Great pasta and Gourmet Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Wonderful seating outside on the sidewalk. The pasta dishes were varied and all were excellent. Do not miss the Pizza. Oh yes and the Mussels..........

Land O Lakes, Florida
“Great food and large portions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great location. Great food. Great service. I would go back in a heart beat the next time I am in the area. The pizza looked fantastic. The seafood risotto was fantastic. The veal parm was huge. The family enjoyed it whole heartedly.

Illinois
“NOT concerned about dietary restrictions”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I submitted a review WHILE I was at the restaurant but apparently did not submit it correctly so I MUST make sure this posts. Was greeted by a less than amiable host, our party of 10 was split into 3 tables with 3 different wait staff. My sister in law and myself sat together at one table. I informed the waiter that I had a nut and shellfish allergy and the response was that it was not of their concern and that it was all on the customer. Since we were spread out over the restaurant I really could not leave so we ordered. The mushroom appetizers were ok, but the entree was terrible. It was an eggplant dish with what was supposed to be a tomatoe basil sauce. No basil that I could tell, just some parsley thrown on top and a tomato base that tasted like just a can of tomatoe sauce and if there was cheese in there, it was hiding. There was absolutely no flavor what so ever to the dish. I didn't even finish it, I tried but could not. When I told the waiter my concern (I ate some of it - i was starved - and i fully intended to pay for the dish), his comment to me was that he knew there was basil in the sauce because he saw them make it. Sorry, but must disagree, I had to actually ask for basil so that there would at least be the flavor AND Parmesan cheese. There was no discernible basil in the sauce what so ever. The pizzas may or may not be good, I don't know but would NOT go there again! As for the service, one of our tables was already finishing before the other even got served.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“awful awful awful did I mention it was awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Greeted by a bored hostess who also didn't know the menu. Asked her questions about the risotto primavera and she was clueless. The waiter brought over dirty glasses so we asked him to get us new glasses. I ordered the risotto since I have celiac disease; they had no idea what that was or what gluten free was. The food came, and the risotto was absolutely disgusting. The risotto did not even taste like risotto. At best it tasted like fish with mushy rice. Risotto should not taste like that. The waiter came around and he asked me if I liked the food and I told him that I didn't. Since I could not order anything off of the menu, I did not ask for a different meal.
When the bill came, I was still charged for the risotto even though I had not eaten the food. My husband asked the waiter why we were charged and he replied "Do you expect me to pay for it". Why didn't she order anything else? Obviously, we had already told the waiter that I was limited to what I could eat due to my allergies.
He was rude, unapologetic and a complete jerk. The washrooms were absolutely disgusting. The
wait staff looked bored and did not look like they wanted to be there. Having an Italian background, I know what true authentic Italian food is. This was not it. This place was by far one of the worst dining experiences I HAVE ever had. I got so sick after we left. Do not eat here. Save your money, save your time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“Italian Food... Done Wonderfully on St. Armands Circle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ok, so we're on vacation in Lido Key, Sarasota, it's late, we're hungry, and didn't know if we'd even find something open. It was Thursday night, July 4th of all nights. Just got off the water from watching the amazing fireworks from the boat in the bay, and it was 10:15 PM.

Everyone was feeling like some Italian food and we looked up Venezia on T/A and it was highly rated. We called, they said no problem, come on down. It was busy but energetic, and since it was a beautiful night, and they offered outdoor seating, we took advantage of a table they had open.

Our server was just fantastic. He spoke with a genuine Italian accent and called us all 'baaddy'. I spelled it the way he said it, trust me. Anyway, we had a fantastic meal that consisted of:

Pepperoni Pizza, made with home made peperoni. Great crust, wood fired... awesome is what my wife said. My daughter had the Pasta Carbonara, again, bingo, done perfectly, with fresh Prosciutto, cream and pancetta. The pasta was al dente too. Her boyfriend had the Chicken Breast Stuffed with Fontina and Ham, and the dish was done very well. Lots of flavor and cooked perfectly. I had the Grouper Francaise, and it was cooked perfectly, and tasted amazing. As if the food wasn't good enough, the service was outstanding and the entire staff was friendly and eager to have us as customers.

Highly recommended, we will be back.