“Authentic Mexican Food, well recommended, I will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #262 of 851 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Mexican, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Burritos Mexican Grill has been serving up "All Natural Foods" since 1995 - Sarasota's longest established Mexican Restaurant! Burritos restaurant serves up foods that are cooked in house using no added preservatives, NO MSG, NO lard, and NO cans. Patrons appreciate the casual dining, good prices, large servings, and wide drink selection. "Better Quality & More Quantity" is our Motto. Tank-tops, flip flops, and bikinis always welcome. FREE WIFI Available, Sports games available on basic channels.
“Authentic Mexican Food, well recommended, I will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Son brought me here because he’s addicted to the food. I’m a picky critic with Mexican because I live in San Diego. The hot sauce is perfect, chips were warm and crisp. I had a 3 layered tortilla special with chicken and beef covered with melted cheese and ranchero. The beef was not waxy, and the chicken was moist and seasoned just enough for my taste. The guacamole was equal if not better than those served back home. What I learned is my son knows authentic Mexican food, and I think I know where he learned.

La Jolla, CA

• Visited April 2014

East Lansing, Michigan, United States
“Below Average”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The food was below average, there was no flavor and it just wasn't good. I don't understand what the people who reviewed this so highly were tasting. The service was also mediocre at best. There was no atmosphere, no music or anything. Definitely would not recommend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Al does a great job”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were visiting from Chicago and tired of seafood. What better than a great burrito and friendly people. Al does a great job and personally told us the story of his place. If you like Mexican food done well, then you'll like Burritos Mexican Grill.

• Visited March 2014
“EAT AT AL'S”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We've driven by this restaurant hundreds of times and always wanted to try it. The outdoor facade has always intrigued us. When we went back to Siesta Key for our wedding we finally made it in... thank goodness we did! The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was friendly, and the owner, Al, was very welcoming and attentive. Absolutely amazing food. Try the atomic burrito... you'll be happy you did. And the guacamole.... outstanding.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paris, France
“Great burritos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Easily among the best burritos we ever had in a restaurant.
The food was tasty and not dry at all.
My only bad comments would be that the margarita was a little soft and that the hot salsa was just not hot enough. But other than that, it is definitely one of the best Mexican diner I had in a very long time.

• Visited December 2013