“Clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Tallahassee, United States
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the first stop of a week long business trip- a different hotel for five nights in a row. This Hampton set the bar very high for the others to live up to! I had booked two out of the five nights at Hampton locations, and three nights at Holiday Inn Expresses. Although the HIE's were ok, they paled in comparison to the Hampton Inn Sarasota Airport, to the point that I rerouted my trip and changed my last night reservation to this location!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Okatie, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was a bit dismayed to see that this hotel was located just as you entered the Sarasota airport complex, but was happy to find it was extremely quiet. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The 'happy hour' offering hot snacks, chips, etc with wines and soft drinks was a good way to unwind after traveling and the setting was convivial in their nicely decorated, large breakfast room. The breakfast was one of the best I've had at any Hampton Inn and seemed to offer more of a variety. The breakfast lady was always checking to make sure things were refilled and clean. The pool area was large and inviting. This is a new hotel (3 years old, I think) and a great place to stay. It is located just down the road from the Ringling Museum and historical downtown. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a very good hotel! New, clean, quiet (even for an airport location). I received an upgrade to a King suite and it was fabulous. There were several families with kids on spring break, but since I was there for business, they moved me to a quieter floor without me having to ask. They also let me have a later checkout, which was very helpful. Free parking, free internet, great free breakfast, only a 10 minute drive to downtown Sarasota. Very nice experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ft Leonard Wood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is located in a perfect location near the airport and shopping. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I normally place the do not disturb sign outside my door but to my surprise I didn't wake until 10 and was not disturbed. When I returned in the evening my room was cleaned to perfection, so I didn't use the sign for the remainder of my 4day stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fabulous place. The decor is new, the breakfast wonderful and it is included with the price of your room. There is also a 5pm cocktail hour with free treats and wine or beer. The King suites are out of this world with their spacious and modern designs. My room was big and I enjoyed staying in my room when I had to do some work. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is an airport shuttle that goes within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. This is quite useful if you want to go to a publix or CVS or any of those place. I give this hotel a 5 star thumbs up.

Room Tip: I recommend any of their King suites
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We frequently visit Sarasota, just an hour or so away from our home near Tampa. We went this time for a spring training game to see the Orioles and visit a new ballpark for us. The airport location isn't really that bad, as my thought is that once you have to drive, a few extra minutes is no big deal. The hotel staff was very nice and changed our room type to a king and were very willing to help with any questions we had.

The hotel is nice and not as sterile as soom have indicated. Our room was really quite large and the view was decent as we looked out at the airport and not the road. The breakfast was good and seating was ample. The food area was clean and not congested like many hotels. A shuttle was offered by the hotel but we were not sure what time we were going to come back from downtown, so we chose to use our own car.

Overall the hotel is a an excellent choice, if you have a car and don't mind driving a few minutes to downtown or the beaches. The hotel staff was great and we highlty recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

As a diamond member I was given a room on the first floor, buy the elevator and major walkway. I requested another room and was sent up one floor; same location. After talking with the manager, she stated I had to talk to Erin at the front desk. Why does the GM have to talk with the desk manager? Anyway, they upgraded me to a higher floor in a corner room, on the pool side of the bldg. Bingo, great room! It was quiet, clean and I had a great night sleep. The hotel has a nice happy hour and breakfast as most Hampton Inns. I would stay again, as it is the best choice near the airport. I gave an average rating for service, since the level of service I received (more like attitude) from Erin at the front desk was not at par with other hotels I would give a very good or excellent rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport? Share your experiences!