“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 hotels in Sarasota
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton for a couple nights for business meeting. At first, i was not thrilled about staying here, but the stay was fine. The room were clean and the beds were comfortable. In the mornings, they have a breakfast, the evenings they have the appetizers. The only thing they say is that they should fix the exercise equipment. The front desk let me use the room early, but said i was responsible if i broke something. I was not worried about breaking anything, but maybe they should think about fixing the machines. 2 of the 3 were not in good condition to begin with.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MSiese, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the exercise equipment not working while you were here. I have been working with our maintenance team as well as the company that we ordered the parts from to fix the issue, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. I understand the importance of maintaining a healthy life-style while traveling and again apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just stayed at the Hampton for 2 nights and although its on the airport property we never heard any noise from the planes. The hotel was clean and the staff were very polite and helpful. We had a King suite room that ample in size with a micro wave and small frig. The bed was firm but very comfortable. They have a Manager's reception week nights with free drinks and hot snacks. The breakfast, also free, was very large with both hot and cold food. We didn't use the pool or patio area but it also appeared very clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review and the time you spent to share your experience. We look forward to your return.
Port Charlotte, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We recently stayed here with our small dog. It is very clean and the king suite is very large. The managers reception M-Th was quite nice with complimentary beer and wine also served hot appetizers. The breakfast was very good as well hot and cold selections of eggs, sausage, pastries etc. As far as noise I never heard a single plane. We stayed for two nights and were at the hotel often but noise level was practically non existent. Pets are free so that was nice. They have a large grassy area for the dogs. This is a plus for dog owners because I have stayed at pet friendly hotels that literally have nowhere for the dogs to be walked. I did not notice any problem with the air conditioning as it is motion activated. If anything it worked better than most I have encountered. Staff was friendly. I will be back!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor facing the pool with easy access to an exit since we had the dog. Very c...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our team! We appreciate and love having you here! We look forward to your next visit!
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Excellent choice for a Hampton! New design feels fresh and user friendly. Change your mindset regarding Hamptons. Very modern. Breakfast area has several different choices for seating, depending if you are on your own or in a group. Rooms are sizeable, particularly the suites. Good Hilton / Hampton service experience at check in and check out.

Access is a bit confusing (ingress / egress). You have to exit the Sarasota / Bradenton airport completely and loop back to enter the hotel parking lot.

I was amazed at how "forward thinking" Hilton has become with its new construction. Parking includes several spots for recharing electric vehicles.

All in all a top choice for both location and value in the Hilton family of hotels.

Room Tip: Pay more for the Suite. Worth the price and very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We all appreciate you sharing your experience and certainly enjoy hearing that travelers have an appreciation for the the environment. We can all do our part, so we thank you for that.

I did want to share with you during your next visit, there is an internal entrance to the hotel from the airport. Once you depart the rental car area, there is a sign the reads "Hampton Inn & Suites" with an arrow pointing you to the left. Turn left there, go straight after the stop sign and you can enter in through the rental car way.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn twice in the last month on one night stays in the Sarasota area. This hotel is in a very convenient location and the staff was super. There was a pool but it was raining so we didn't get a chance to use it. The room was comfortable and good size. Breakfast is included which was decent. We got a fantastic rate since we were visiting Ringling College of Art & Design, but honestly, I think the rates are reasonable there without it. For the price, it can't be beat. We will definitely return!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

the location and amenities at this Hampton Inn & Suites is exceptional. The facility is literally at the airport (though we never heard a single bit of jet noise) and has a great pool, gas grills, the typical breakfast and spacious and clean rooms and common areas.

The staff really is the standout at this location. Mark, Debi and Geneton (sp?) who work at the hotel would be an asset to any business and treat guests as if they are being welcomed into their own homes.

The location is convenient to Tamiami Trail and the usual Sarasota locations. The only downside is we were sent to Marina Jack's for lunch at the advice of the staff.....not one of the best experiences we have had dining in the area.

Give this place a try....you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: we were in 319 which does not directly face the airport runway....we heard nothing at all! Don'...
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The last review is very surprising to me as the soundproofing was great given its location. I stayed here b/c I had to bring my dog down with me since my wife and family were all staying in 3 rooms for my medical school graduation for several nights. The rooms were so well sound proof that my terrified of thunderstorms dog barely even noticed the sounds of the daily storms. Again soundproofing would be for the windows it wouldn't affect your neighbors being rude and slamming doors. Also this hotel was among the cleanest I have stayed in. When I had to bring my dog I looked on trip advisor to try and find a place that allowed dogs that was well reviewed. This hotel and the Ritz Carlton were both well reviewed, however at 400 bucks a night per room for three rooms I couldn't spring for it. I was concerned that being a pet friendly hotel that the cleanliness may be subpar. This was certainly not the case. The hotel was very clean to the point I question if more than a couple pets a month even stay there as there was no signs of hair or dirt anywhere. The maids came daily and the front desk notified you upon check in that the cleaning staff only comes by once a day so if you have the do not disturb sign up they will not clean your room but they left clean towels in a back on the door and a message to stop by the front desk if you needed anything. Again I would say the last reviewer's complaint really doesn't fit the concept.
Now that I addressed that last review let me touch on a few more positives. First the staff, from check in to check out the entire staff was great. The front office staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The woman that worked the refreshment area/breakfast area was very friendly, and the free wine/appetizers nightly was a great bonus and the breakfast was as expected. The cleaning crew was all very friendly and were great with my dog.
The only real negatives I have are that if you are looking for a beach vacation this isn't the best hotel to stay. That isn't really the fault of the hotel at all as it is an airport hotel, but there are some other hotels with more desirable locations for prolonged stays (not any that were dog friendly at a reasonable price though). The pool is quite small too, again only really an issue for a prolong stay/families with kids. There is a good grilling area though which I personally did not make use of but the contractors staying there with us seemed to really enjoy it. So if you are looking for a vacation hotel this may not be for you, but if you are looking for a friendly, well priced, clean hotel to kick back and relax while in the area for a connection flight, business, or a short stay this is one of the better hotels in the area. The only other hotels I have stayed at in the area that compare both happen to be Hampton Inns as well, the one farther up on University or the one in Ellenton, you can't go wrong with any of the three.

Oh and one small point. If you are environmentally motivated this is a great hotel. There are a lot of "green amenities" including water saving toilets and showers(but not the kind that have no flow), parking spots for electric cars, and motion activated AC units (don't worry it never gets above about 74-76 degrees and you can get it down to the 60s if you so desire).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport? Share your experiences!