“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
Stafford, Virginia
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The last review is very surprising to me as the soundproofing was great given its location. I stayed here b/c I had to bring my dog down with me since my wife and family were all staying in 3 rooms for my medical school graduation for several nights. The rooms were so well sound proof that my terrified of thunderstorms dog barely even noticed the sounds of the daily storms. Again soundproofing would be for the windows it wouldn't affect your neighbors being rude and slamming doors. Also this hotel was among the cleanest I have stayed in. When I had to bring my dog I looked on trip advisor to try and find a place that allowed dogs that was well reviewed. This hotel and the Ritz Carlton were both well reviewed, however at 400 bucks a night per room for three rooms I couldn't spring for it. I was concerned that being a pet friendly hotel that the cleanliness may be subpar. This was certainly not the case. The hotel was very clean to the point I question if more than a couple pets a month even stay there as there was no signs of hair or dirt anywhere. The maids came daily and the front desk notified you upon check in that the cleaning staff only comes by once a day so if you have the do not disturb sign up they will not clean your room but they left clean towels in a back on the door and a message to stop by the front desk if you needed anything. Again I would say the last reviewer's complaint really doesn't fit the concept.
Now that I addressed that last review let me touch on a few more positives. First the staff, from check in to check out the entire staff was great. The front office staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The woman that worked the refreshment area/breakfast area was very friendly, and the free wine/appetizers nightly was a great bonus and the breakfast was as expected. The cleaning crew was all very friendly and were great with my dog.
The only real negatives I have are that if you are looking for a beach vacation this isn't the best hotel to stay. That isn't really the fault of the hotel at all as it is an airport hotel, but there are some other hotels with more desirable locations for prolonged stays (not any that were dog friendly at a reasonable price though). The pool is quite small too, again only really an issue for a prolong stay/families with kids. There is a good grilling area though which I personally did not make use of but the contractors staying there with us seemed to really enjoy it. So if you are looking for a vacation hotel this may not be for you, but if you are looking for a friendly, well priced, clean hotel to kick back and relax while in the area for a connection flight, business, or a short stay this is one of the better hotels in the area. The only other hotels I have stayed at in the area that compare both happen to be Hampton Inns as well, the one farther up on University or the one in Ellenton, you can't go wrong with any of the three.

Oh and one small point. If you are environmentally motivated this is a great hotel. There are a lot of "green amenities" including water saving toilets and showers(but not the kind that have no flow), parking spots for electric cars, and motion activated AC units (don't worry it never gets above about 74-76 degrees and you can get it down to the 60s if you so desire).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

First of all, I want to say that the hotel staff at the front desk at this Hampton Inn has got to be one of the best in the world. They are all so nice, friendly, helpful, and professional, that I feel bad about writing this awful review of the place, but I had a terrible stay.

The building is NOT soundproof. I was awakened in the wee hours of the morning by slamming doors.Then I couldn't go back to sleep, so I heard the faint noise of airplanes landing once the airport opened. The next night, I had to hear the TV, coughing and talking all night, so I got no sleep whatsoever. I finally turned on the AC to drown out the noise because I decided that I'd rather be cold than tired.

My room also wasn't cleaned. I came back to the hotel at 2pm, and the room was a mess. I put a do not disturb sign on the door because I needed to finish some work, so the room stayed dirty that entire day.

I stayed at the Hyatt during my last trip to Sarasota, so I was looking forward to staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Because of the noise, and my lack of sleep, I regret choosing this hotel, and would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

When we arrived at the Hampton Inn & Suites at Sarasota International Airport, there was a welcome letter from the general manager welcoming us. That was a nice surprise and welcome added touch. The room itself was very spacious and immaculate. The decor was subtle and comfortable. The room did not include a microwave, refrigerator, or bath tub (shower only). The cooling in the room did not seem to work properly, but was adequate. The room was quiet and the service of the staff was excellent. Since the hotel does not include a laundry area, we were informed that we could bring our laundry to the front desk for cleaning - the only charge would be the detergent. Molly did a great job and even folded our clothes! Since we left the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door, she thoughtfully called and left a message informing us our laundry had been finished. A $10 tip was in order, but I feel we should have given her more, since this was over-and-above what we expected. The breakfast area was nice and clean and the attendant was pleasant and helpful. There was a wonderful selection which included pastries, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, hot-and-cold cereals, fruit, pre-made omelets, and yogurt. Being so close to the airport, I expected to hear some airplane noise, but the room was completely quiet. I can see why this hotel has received high ratings, it was a very pleasant experience and I will definitely stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: Due to the air conditioning issues (if not confined to our one room), I would recommend a room facin...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Hotel well located for our visit as it was half way between the bowling alleys for my wife's state tournament. Check in was easy, room was immaculate. Breakfast room very clean, food hot and plentiful. Coffee and tea available all day in the lobby. Requested a late checkout and had no problems. Great staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Saint James City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Great location. Easy to find. Ample parking. Front desk staff friendly and efficient. Breakfast good. Breakfast room very well maintained. Our room was comfortable and clean. However, we had the same problem with the A/C as "jonesyguy" previously described in his review. We could not get our room cool enough for comfortable sleeping. To make matters worse, the comforter on the bed was very heavy and insulating. It would have been more appropriate during the winter months. If it hadn't been for the A/C issue, I would have given this hotel a "5" rating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
WAYNE, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is another wonderful Hampton Inn. Great staff, wonderful (modern) rooms and great location to beach, museums. The staff was very helpful and courteous. A great stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

So, I went to the wrong place to begin with on the wrong side of the airport... I'm a blonde...

It's new. It touts itself as "green." It is clean... extremely so. The staff is like a best friend making sure you are comfortable and taken care of... to the point that 15 minutes after I got settled in, they called the room to be sure I was cool. I felt lost in my room.

All in all... I was extremely pleased. As for the lighting... I look bad in the dark most days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport? Share your experiences!