“Convenient business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Sarasota
USA
“Convenient business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Typical Hampton Inn, right next to airport. Best part of my stay was the night manager, Joseph, who went out of his way to make me feel welcomed despite my very late arrival to the hotel after a long evening of flight delays.

The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and despite the closeness to the airport I did not hear any traffic or noise.

It was a fast and easy checkout. Overall, I think this hotel is a good value for the price.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I'll start my review like I do all others. I travel frequently, 2 to 3 days a week, about 80% of the weeks of the year. So finding comfortable; friendly; homey hotels with a caring staff is important to me. When I find the good ones I'll let you know and when I find ones that drop the ball I will also do my best to let you know.

The Hampton Inn Sarasota/Bradenton Airport is GREAT! Clean, comfortable, friendly, etc. Everything you would want when away from home for work or fun.

I stayed there on May 25th and then had to check back in on May 26th because of bad storms in Atlanta delaying my flight by hours which would have caused me to miss my connection back home to Kansas City. After the great stay---and service---I received on May 25th it was a no brainer. Stay in the Atlanta airport or stay at this great Hampton again on May 26th and catch an early flight out on the 27th.

Let me also tell you that the gentlemen working the front desk is a SUPERSTAR. His name is Geneton. I checked in around 8:45pm on May 25th and immediately Geneton's exceptional customer service skills kicked in. He treated me like I was the only customer in the hotel that night. With my travel schedule I was tired when I got to the hotel and Geneton went overboard to make sure that everything was going to be OK with my stay. Even patiently recommending, with my indecisiveness, a few restaurants that I could get some takeout.

The next night, May 26th, after waiting for 2 to 3 hours at The Sarasota/Bradenton airport it was finally obvious that I would miss my Atlanta connection so I called The Hampton and Geneton was working the front desk. After telling him my dilemma and that I would need a room he remembered who I was from the night before. I didn't have to go through my whole profile, etc. Geneton said that he would have the room and reservation ready when the hotel shuttle brought me over. Again he bent over backwards after I arrived to make sure things were right.

Forgive me for rambling but great service deserves to be recognized. In my travels I see good/average employees; I see employees who just don't care and then I have the opportunity to run into the SUPERSTARS like Geneton who truly get what delivering exceptional customer service is all about and make being away from home a joy and not a stress.

I am a member of The Hilton Honors program and have also gone to their website and made my comments about this facility as well as Geneton.

In my opinion this hotel is very well run and kept and that's a tribute to the hotel Manager and the rest of the staff.

Thanks to all of you for a great facility. Keep up the good work. There are us road warriors who truly appreciate your efforts.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
MSiese, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
What a great review of Geneton and our hotel. We have a stand up meeting each morning with our team called "huddle". This is where we huddle together to review our challenges as well as celebrate our successes. Your review will be the topic of discussion today ;)

In my 21 years of the hotel industry, the majority of that time being with Hilton, I have found that the best people to hire are the people with serving personalities and not just experience. Why? Because you can teach anything to anyone that has the right attitude, but you can't teach some-one how to "be".

Geneton is a fantastic asset to the hotel - he has a gift and shares that gift with everyone around him. It's not his stage presence, it truly is how he is. Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we call that Hamptonality!

I want to thank you personally for sharing your experience with us so we can be reminded daily that we are in the hospitality industry and we are here to serve. How travelers feel during their stay with us is VERY important to all that work at our location! Since we opened in January of 2010, we are ranked in the top 6% of all the Hampton Hotels in the world and want to keep moving up in that ranking. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! Anytime you are in Sarasota, please remember, you always have a home ;)

Michelle Siese
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I stayed here with my teenaged daughter while we were visiting Ringling College and New College. This was a perfect location. The hotel was very clean and conveniently located. The staff was very friendly and informative. We liked the complimentary happy hour and breakfast. The Ringling Museum is right down the street and downtown Sarasota is less than 10 minutes by car. It is a little far from the beach, but that's not why we were there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
MSiese, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
It was a pleasure having you here. The campus' we were visiting are so beautiful. What a great option for school for your daughter. Best wishes in finding the best school and please always consider us your home away from home when visiting the Sarasota area. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again!

Michelle Siese
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is by far the best hotel in sarasota! I was amazed at how quiet the rooms were being so close to the airport!! It was convenient and comfortable!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
MSiese, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to serving you upon your return.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I was very impressed with this property. I usually prefer Hilton Garden Inns whenever possible, however for LESS money than the HGI, I got a double queen SUITE which was excellent! The property is only one year old and is upscale and contemporary. I wouldn’t decorate my house like this, but it works fine here. I actually drove past the property because it doesnt look like a traditional Hampton Inn from the road. Solid surface countertops, micro/fridge in room. Pool is adequate and heated. A few stains here and there which is the case in any room nowadays. Very close to airport, but air traffic is minimal. Excellent beds and great pillows. Cheap tub/shower combo with decent shower head. OK towels, some show wear. Only complaints was fan noise on AC (room 401 if you want to fix it Hampton) and the AC thermostat on the wall doesn’t work. I give it a 92/100 and would stay again!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to your return.
Durham, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We had a wonderful stay for 2 nights. The rooms and common areas are immaculate. Miichelle, the manager, was especially helpful in sharing information about the Sarasota area with us. She and her staff seemed to truly enjoy interacting with guests and responding to requests. There was a manager's reception on both nights, offering beer/wine/soda, and hot and cold appetiizers. The breakfast had a good variety of items and was available from 6 - 10 am every day. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were very quiet. Right next to the airport but as others have noted, no noise at all! About 10 minutes to downtown Sarasota, but an easy drive.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure meeting both of you ~ should you decide that this is where you will be making your new home, always remember you have a home-away-from-home here with your friends at the Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota Bradenton Airport.
Near Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

We would certainly stay at this hotel again. It was beautiful, clean and quiet.
It is conveniently located next to Sarasota-Bradenton airport, but we could not hear any airport noise from our room. It is down the block from the Ringling complex which is outstanding and where we stayed a whole day.
On certain nights during the week, the hotel hosts a happy hour with hot snacks and various beverages. This was a great way to spend an hour or so after a day out and before going for dinner. (Be careful not to eat too many of the snacks; however, or you might ruin your dinner).
The room was spacious and the furniture was very nice. The bed was comfortable, although Hampton has standardized on a mattress which is a little too soft for my taste.
The bathroom was clean and the hot water and shower were great.
On the slightly negative side, but only slightly, there was no fridge in the room. There also were not too many restaurants in the area. Finally, the furniture in the breakfast area is very modern, but the low, softly upholstered chairs make it diificult to sit comfortably at the tables.
In short, we highly recommend this hotel. It was a little pricey for a Hampton, but, overall, worth it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota-Bradenton Airport? Share your experiences!