“Nice Surprise!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 852 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Chef Paul Mattison invites you to join us and experience Mattison's Forty-One's elegant, friendly, fun, and comfortable atmosphere. Winner of Florida Trend Magazine's prestigious Golden Spoon Award the menu includes fresh seafood; Mattison's signature meat dishes like lamb, aged beef, and duck; we have a complete tapas menu, including sushi, calamari, Chef Paul Mattison's signature Artichokes Esther, fresh salads, and more. Mattison's Forty-One serves lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. There is live music and dancing every night along with nightly specials and events including Early Happy Hour, Girls Night Out, Wine-Pairing Dinners, Cooking Demonstrations and more. The Galleria is a beautiful complete catering facility seating up to 100 people.
Canada
“Nice Surprise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

First time visiting this well known institution of Sarasota. At first looked a bit too formal but upon entering we found very friendly and professional, attentive servers who made us feel very comfortable. Our guy was so patient and kind with one of our friend's mother and her requests, he really made the difference.
Now about the food, wow, fantastic and very well priced for the quality of restaurant it is. I had the veggie pizza and French onion soup, both absolutely delicious and served hot and fresh. We will definitely go back and we are thrilled we are right in their neighborhood. Tasteful entertainment in the bar area 7 nights a week and super "happy hour" offerings, what more could a hungry traveller ask for? Also great value in their fixed price meal for only $29.00.
Next time we hope to enjoy their cozy, private lush patio area.
Thank you Mattisons, we'll see you again soon!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Orlando, Florida
“Mouth-watering Mattisons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my 2 friends off the cuff. We were quickly greeted and seated by polite staff. We perused the menu for lunch, but unfortunately we were too late but the waiter, corrected the menu error promptly ( much to our dismay as the prices were cheaper for lunch!!). However to compensate he did suggest the $29 special in which you could sellect three courses, so 2 of us opted for this. I chose the crabcake,pot roast recontsructed and the raspberry white choc moose torte.Well all I can say is "bravo" as the food was awesome. The presentation was to gourmet standards and the pot roast just melted in my mouth and I ate it all with just the fork!! Iwas too full to eat dessert, so they kindly placed it in to-go containers for me and my friend. I ate the dessert later and I can truly say that it was the best I had tasted and I scraped the container shamelessly using my fingers to get every last morsel. My friend gave the same rave review of the dessert and she does not have a sweet-tooth like mine.The restaurant was very clean, swift, efficient service. Good wine sellection available and cocktails are served also.It's a bit pricey for those on a budget, so I suggest having lunch instead as it is less costly or go for the special like I did. I will definately be revisiting this restaurant!!!

“What a surprise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have been regular visitors to Sarasota for over twenty years and we can't believe that it took 'till the final week of this holiday to find this restaurant. What a wonderful surprise we had.
Firstly, the polite enthusiasm that we were greated with was very welcoming and put at our ease.
Secondly, the atmosphere - what a pleasure. The lighting, the music and the decor created an ambiance of quiet sophistication than you felt comfortable in.
Thirdly, the professionalism of our servers. We were served by Robert on two of the three evenings that we went there, yes, could not resist going back to check that it really was that good, It is always a pleasure to listen to the food being described by someone who knows the menu it sets you up for the meal. The professionalism of the service we received enhanced the meal.
Lastly, but most importantly was the food.it was amazing. Every course on each evening that we went there ( between 4 and 6 of us) delivered on quantity, presentation and flavour.
We loved the evenings spent there and can't wait to return.

University Park, Florida
“STEP IT UP, PAUL!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Paul Mattison is the genius chef behind Mattison's 41. His food is excellent and inventive. However, when you have your name on a restaurant, everything needs to be top-notch. Husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. Now, maybe my husband did not tell staff when making the reservation, but a good restaurant will ask (like they do at Roy's). Also, when you have a wedding going on in the back room with music, either soundproof that area or at least do not have competing music going on in the front of the restaurant. They ruined the relaxing, clubby atmosphere and romance of sharing a booth. Service was attentive and excellent. Food: my artichoke appetizer was mouth-watering, corn soup very good, but no hint of the other ingredients (seafood for one) that were supposed to be present, reconstructed pot roast--succulent and flavorful, salmon cooked right and with delicious sauce (sweet potato accompaniment tasted "ok" but did not look appetizing), croissant pudding yummy and white chocolate mousse pie was light and sweet and countered excellently with a slightly tart raspberry sauce. Smart marketing on Mattison's part have them continuing to offer the VALUE 3-course meal for $29 Savor Sarasota menu long after the event. This Sarasota staple needs to take care of business by pumping up everything so it does not get stale like 7-day old bread!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Siesta Key, Florida
“Extremely nice place to dine in Sarasota area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Excellent service and food, with beautiful presentation. Live entertainment in bar/lounge area is a nice touch. Heirloom Tomato Salad's name is a bit deceiving--it's much, much more! It is terrific! Grouper was excellent, as was the Pork Shank. The Bread Pudding is a "don't miss" as we'll. Fairly priced, copious servings, well prepared and presented, all in a nice ambiance, makes for a most enjoyable dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food