“Good dim sum” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
key west
“Good dim sum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

When we are in the area, we always have dim sum at Gold Dynasty. It may not be as good as what you can get in major city Chinatowns like NYC and SanFran, but it's as good as we've had in Florida, with maybe one exception (in Miami). Clean place, friendly service, good steamed and fried dim sum selections. We'll be back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

florida
“Not worth a Detour---Disappointed. Will not be returning.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I lived in San Francisco for 25 years and traveled extensively to Asia and love Dim Sum. I read the reviews and many were glowing. They must have been relatives as we stopped off I-75 to see what it was all about as we live an hour south and were truly disappointed.

Place is typical neighborhood Chinese restaurant look and feel to it. Nothing special.
They did offer a Dim Sum menu with about 10 items on it with 5 popular to most folks. A little slim. You order by the plate like sushi and then wait.
NOTHING was good, only adequate. The dumplings were the best but nothing special and not delicate or tasty. BBQ pork buns were just so-so. The ribs fatty and tough. The soups were not as good as most take-out places.
If you are desperate and have to have a partial Dim Sum fix with no expectations then this might do, but we will not be returning.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Myers, Florida
“Enjoyable food w/attentive staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Definitely a great place for an inexpensive but tasty meal if you prefer a Chinese food meal in the area. They have traditional as well as localized offerings. Will go there again when in the area.

Visited January 2012
Florida
“My Chinese friends say that it tastes like home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

My family enjoyed a Chinese New Year's brunch at Gold Dynasty. We have close friends from China who choose this restaurant above all others on the central FL west coast. They say that the food tastes the closest to what they eat in China. We had dim sum and enjoyed many different dishes. My favorite are the pan fried dumplings!! When we crave Chinese food we go to Gold Dynasty! Good food. Very friendly staff. Large tables with lazy susan centers. Just right!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Don't know what the accolades were about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

I ate here on a recommendation I read, but thought the food was average at best. I should have known but the emptiness of the place when I went in to order my take out.

Visited November 2011